Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Translation of Little Li's Flying Dagger(cont...)

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

Don't worry about it Meh, your royal readers will still be here, hehe .
    AKA: Frantasy

Translating: Ni Tian Xie Shen (逆天邪神) – Against the Gods by Mars Gravity @ https://alyschu.wordpress.com/

Agree with BluLotus!!
    Take all the time u need to sort out your stuff Meh.
    We'll be around....waiting faithfully!!
    "Man is his own star; and the soul that can
    Render an honest and a perfect man,
    Commands all light, all influence, all fate;
    Nothing to him falls early or too late.
    Our acts our angels are, or good or ill,
    Our fatal shadows that walk by us still."

Yes Meh, take your time I am also waiting faithfully

Chapter 44: Lucky to Escape from Death

The closet’s dark and stuffy. Anyone else in this situation might go crazy from all the tension. The people who came are obviously up to no good, or they wouldn’t have pushed LingLing around.

But Li XunHuan only felt serenity.

He smiled in his heart.

He remembered that day he first came here, when LingLing told him that he was a bandit. This girl might not have learned much else, but her lying skills are already on par with Lin XianEr.

Yet these two people didn’t even take notice of her. They simply walked around the two outside rooms, as if searching for something. Then they came into the room he’s in.

LingLing quickly blocked their way, and yelled, “This is my lady’s personal room. How can you barge in here like this?”

A person said, “But we’re here to meet your lady.”

This voice was very gentle, pleasing to the ears, and contained a smile.

It’s a voice of a woman!

Li XunHuan was certainly shocked.

Only to hear LingLing say, “If so, do you actually know her?”

That woman said, “Of course… we’re actually good friends.”

LingLing said, “If that’s so, then why didn’t you tell me earlier. I thought you were bandits.”

That woman chuckled, and said, “Do we really look like we’re bandits?”

LingLing said, “I don’t know about you two, but bandits these days are different from the past. Some of them are even more mannerly and more dashing then you two. No one can tell who they are from appearance now.”

Before that woman could respond, another voice said, “Where’s your lady? Can you ask her to come out?”

This voice was low, and a little coarse, but also pleasing to the ears. Li XunHuan thought this voice seemed familiar, but couldn’t remember at this moment.

LingLing said, “I’m terribly sorry, but my lady left here a few days ago, leaving just me to look after the house. I’ll be happy to take a message.”

That woman said, “When will she come back?”

LingLing said, “I don’t know… If she doesn’t tell me, I do not dare ask.”

The other woman suddenly let out a snicker, and said, “How convenient. She’s here everyday except for the day we come. Is she hiding from us?”

These words proved that they’re here to cause trouble.

LingLing still smiled, and said, “If you two are my lady’s friends, then she would love to see you again. Why would she hide?”

That woman said with a smile, “Some people would see anyone, except her friends. Don’t you think this odd?”

The other woman said coldly, “Maybe it’s because she did too many terrible things to her friends.

LingLing said with a smile, “You two really say some strange things. This is a pretty small place. Even if she wants to hide, there really is no place.”

That woman said, “Really? Although I’m not familiar with this house, I just might be able to find secret room to hide in.”

LingLing said, “Well, maybe if you can hide that closet over there.”

She laughed, and added, “But if someone really did hide in this closet, she’d likely suffocate to death.”

That woman also laughed, and said, “You’re right. Your lady is very mindful of her comfort. She’d never be able to stand staying in that closet...”

Both woman laughed, and very slyly at that.

After a long time, that woman added, “If your lady’s not in this closet, then who is in there right now?”

LingLing said, “What? There’s someone in the closet? How come even I don’t know about it?”

That woman said, “If there’s no one in the closet, then why are you blocking it? Are you afraid that I might see your lady’s dresses?”

LingLing said, “What are you talking about? I’m not blocking anything…”

That woman said, “Little sister, you really do know how to talk, but you’re simply too young. You’re still not old enough to fool old foxes like us.”

A person hiding inside someone else’s closet is nothing to be proud of. He really doesn’t know how these two ladies would react upon seeing him.

He also doesn’t know who they are.

The first woman’s voice is soft and gentle, but her words pierce like needles. Needless to say, she’s very difficult to deal with.

The other woman might not talk much, but she seemed to be looking for trouble with her few words. She likely has some resentment against Lin XianEr.

Both of their martial arts are at least on par with Lin XianEr’s.

Only to hear LingLing let out a gasp, the closet door opened.

Li XunHuan closed his eyes, and hoped that the two ladies would not recognize him.

That woman also could not believe that there’s a man in the closet, and froze.

After a while, she said with a smile, “Little sister, who is this person? Is he asleep?”

LingLing said, “He’… he’s my cousin.”

That woman laughed, and said, “Oh, how delightful! You know, when I was young, I also hid a lot of lovers in my closet. One time someone found out, and I said he was my cousin too.”

That woman added, “This little girl really is something. Even we aren’t as skillful as she is.”

The other woman remained silent for a long time, and then said, “Since Lin XianEr’s not here, why don’t we leave.”

That woman said, “What’s the hurry? Since we’re already here, why don’t we stay for a while?”

When the closet door opened, Li XunHuan smelled an attractive fragrance. Now that smell’s even thicker, meaning that woman must be very close to him.

After a while, that woman said, “Little sister. You might be young, but you certainly have great vision when it comes to choosing men.”

LingLing said, “There aren’t many men here, and my lady took all the good ones. So I had to settle for him.”

That woman said, “You mean you’re not satisfied with him? Look at him, he’s neither skinny nor fat, his face looks pretty nice, and he seems quite experienced when it comes to women.”

LingLing said, “He’s fairly ok in other regards, but his flaw is that he sleeps too much.”

That woman said with a smile, “Maybe it’s because he’s too tired… After all, how could he not be after meeting a little devil like you?”

LingLing said, “He’s also a bit too old.”

That woman said, “You’re right. He is a little old for you, but perfect for me.”

She then added, “If you don’t like him, little sister, you can give him to me. I promise I’ll get you a younger man in a couple of days.”

This woman seemed quite mannerly before, but changed dramatically after seeing him. Even as she spoke, she picked up Li XunHuan.

In this situation, Li XunHuan has to open his eyes.

When he did so, he was in for a huge shock.

This woman isn’t old, probably around twenty-five to twenty-six. Nor is she bad looking. Actually, if one would split her into three parts, you’d have three beautiful women.

The only problem is that she also has three chins. Cradled in her bosom, Li XunHuan felt like sleeping on a pile of cotton.

He could hardly believe that the woman with such a charming laughter and a sweet voice would be so obese.

But even more shocking was the identity of the other woman.

This woman is also beautiful. Her waist is very thin, wearing a fitting blue robe. Her sleeves are very big. Even while simply standing, she had a goddess-like aura.

She is none other than the person Li XunHuan broke the wrist of, Blue Scorpion!

But what’s odd is that Blue Scorpion doesn’t seem to recognize him. Her face looked very calm. She didn’t even look at him much.

That fat woman kept on laughing, each laugh shook Li XunHuan like an earthquake.

LingLing began to fluster, said, “This person’s very dirty. He usually goes months between baths. You really shouldn’t touch him, or you might get fleas.

That fat woman said, “Dirty? Surely not. Besides, it doesn’t matter even if he has fleas. It only makes him seem more manly.”

LingLing said, “But… in addition, he’s even a drunkard.”

That fat woman said, “That’s even better. A man’s not true man unless he can drink.”

She winked at Li XunHuan, and whispered to him, “You’ll soon know just how great I can be.”

LingLing began to laugh again, and laughing extremely hard.

That fat woman widened her eyes and asked, “What are you laughing about?”

LingLing said, “I’m just laughing at your stupidity. I can’t believe you’d dare to touch him.”

That fat woman said, “What’s so special about him?”

LingLing said, “Do you know who he is?”

That fat woman said, “Do you know who I am?”

LingLing said, “Surely you’re not his cousin.”

That fat woman said, “Have you heard the name Happy Lady Buddha? I’m her disciple Zhi ZunBao. I specialize in eating men.”

LingLing said, “If you dare to eat him, he just might get stuck in your throat, and you can’t even cough him back out.”

Zhi ZunBao said, “But I never cough out bones when I eat men.”

LingLing blinked her eyes, and said, “Do you really not want to know who he is?”

Zhi ZunBao said, “If I wanted to, I’d simply ask him. You don’t have to worry about this. Besides… as long as he’s a man, I’d be satisfied.”

She turned around towards Blue Scorpion and smiled, said, “Help me out here and get rid of this girl. This is a nice place, and I want to borrow it for a while. Don’t peek.”

Li XunHuan lost all senses in his body. He wanted to throw up, but couldn’t. He wanted to die, but couldn’t. His last hope is for Blue Scorpion to seek her revenge right now, and give him a quick death.”

Yet how could Blue Scorpion act as if she’s never seen him? She just stood there, not even giving him a peek. But at this moment, she suddenly said, “I want this man too.”

Zhi ZunBao’s face sunk, and asked loudly, “What? What did you say?”

Blue Scorpion kept her solemn expression, and said, “I said I want this man too!”

Zhi ZunBao stared at her with eyes filled with murderous rage. She said loudly, “You dare to take him away from me?”

Blue Scorpion said, “Yes.”

Zhi ZunBao’s face turned green, and then pale. She then smiled, and said, “If you really do want him, then we can certainly discuss this.”

Blue Scorpion said, “I don’t want his body, I want his life!”

Zhi ZunBao said with a smile, “Then this is much easier to discuss. Once I have his body, then you can take his life.”

Blue Scorpion said, “After I take his life, then you can have his body.”

Although she’s angry, Zhi ZunBao forced a smile and said, “I do like men a lot, but not dead men.”

Blue Scorpion said, “But he seemingly doesn’t seem to be much different from a dead person right now.”

Zhi ZunBao said, “The reason he can’t move is because someone sealed his pressure points. I obviously have a way to make him move again.”

Blue Scorpion said, “Once he can move, then I’ll no longer be able to take his life.”

LingLing said with a smile, “That’s true. Once he can move, all he needs to do is move his hand, and you’ll both be dead!”

Zhi ZunBao asked, “Who is he?”

LingLing said, “He’s ‘Little Li’s Flying Dagger’.”

Zhi ZunBao froze. She shook her head and said, “I don’t believe you. If he really is Li XunHuan, then why would he love you?”

LingLing said, “He doesn’t. It’s me who love him. That’s why I want you to kill him.”

Zhi ZunBao asked, “Why?’

LingLing said, “My lady told me, if I ever fall in love with someone, and he doesn’t love me back, then it’s better for me that he die, rather than to be with another woman.”

Zhi ZunBao sighed, and said, “I can’t believe you’re even more venomous then I am.”

LingLing said, “So do you still want his body? You still dare to?”

Zhi ZunBao did not waver, and said, “If I could have a one night stand with a man like Li XunHuan, I would die happily.”

She then turned to Blue Scorpion and added, “Don’t worry, I guarantee that you can take still take his life even after I get his body.”

Blue Scorpion did not respond.

Zhi ZunBao said, “Don’t forget. I originally came here so I could help you out. You really should give me some face.”

Blue Scorpion paused a moment before saying, “Will you still be interested in a man with a hand chopped off?”

Zhi ZunBao said, “A missing hand is nothing, as long as certain others parts are still there.”

Blue Scorpion said, “Then I want one of his hands!”

Zhi ZunBao thought for a while and said, “Which hand?”

Blue Scorpion said, “He broke my right hand, so I want his right one.”

Zhi ZunBao sighed, and said, “Fine then. Go ahead. Just don’t make a big mess.”

Blue Scorpion said, “Good enough.”

She slowly walked towards them, her eyes shined.

LingLing yelled, “You really aren’t afraid of him?”

Zhi ZunBao said tenderly, “Little sister, do you not want him to suffer?”

She did not finish her words.

A blue streak of light shot out from Blue Scorpion’s sleeve, aimed towards Li XunHuan’s right wrist.

Only to hear a loud scream, which then stopped.

Li XunHuan’s body dropped to the ground with a loud thud.

No one could’ve thought that the scream came from Zhi ZunBao.

During her scream, she dropped Li XunHuan, and turned to attack Blue Scorpion.

Blue Scorpion twisted her waist and moved out of the way.

Yet despite a waist thicker than a water tub, Zhi ZunBao had amazing flexibility. She quickly changed directions and caught Blue Scorpion’s hand.

Blue Scorpion’s face turned pure white.

Zhi ZunBao’s face turned green, her expression as ugly as can be. She said while biting her teeth, “You… you have the nerve to attack me? I will kill you!”

With a loud cracking sound, she pulled off Blue Scorpion’s hand along with her sleeve.

Blue Scorpion retreated a few more steps, and oddly showed no expression of pain.

Zhi ZunBao tore off her right hand.

Blue Scorpion began to laugh. She said, “Want to see what you’re holding in your hand?”

Zhi ZunBao picked up the hand, and saw a small scorpion tail on the wrist of the hand, hidden behind those huge sleeves.

Blue Scorpion said, “No one can walk more than seven steps after being poisoned by my scorpion tail. You are much bigger than most people, so the poison would not spread so quickly in you. But I seriously doubt you can walk more than three steps.

Zhi ZunBao screamed, and tried to attack her.

After three steps, she really did fell to the floor.

Blue Scorpion didn’t even look at her, instead turned toward Li XunHuan. She looked at him with a blank face for a while, then said, “Yi Ku died because he went to see Lin XianEr. I originally came here to settle up with her. This has nothing to do with you.”

LingLing cut in, “If you want him to speak, why don’t you unseal his pressure points?”

Blue Scorpion ignored her and continued, “Although you made my right hand useless, at least you spared my life. I always return my favors. That’s why I can’t stand to watch you get mutilated by that pig.”

Li XunHuan sighed in his heart. He never knew Blue Scorpion was this type of a person.

Blue Scorpion said coldly, “Now that I’ve repaid your favor, it’s time for me to collect what’s rightfully mine. I don’t think it would be excessive for me to ask for your right hand, right?”

Li XunHuan suddenly smiled, and slowly raised his right hand.

Blue Scorpion froze, so did LingLing.

Li XunHuan’s arm could move, but his Little Li’s Flying Dagger did not appear!

Watching this hand, how could Blue Scorpion speak?

Li XunHuan smiled bitterly and said, “I was attempting to unseal my pressure points through inner power. Unfortunately my ability’s not good enough to pass the last hurdle. Who’d have thought that drop to the ground helped me break through, allowing me to move again.”

LingLing said, “Then why are you so obedient? Why did you hold out your hand when she asked for it? You could’ve given her the dagger.”

Li XunHuan’s face sunk, ignored her, and said to Blue Scorpion, “Miss Blue, your request is indeed not excessive. Go ahead.”

Blue Scorpion thought for a long time, and then sighed. She said, “There is actually someone like this in the world…”

She repeated this sentence again. Then she quickly turned around, and began to walk out the door.

But just at this moment, Li XunHuan somehow jumped out, blocked her path, and said, “Please wait a moment.”

End of Chapter 44

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

What's gonna happen next!? Until next time on Little Li's Flying Dagger!

Thanks for the long awaited update, Meh !
    AKA: Frantasy

Translating: Ni Tian Xie Shen (逆天邪神) – Against the Gods by Mars Gravity @ https://alyschu.wordpress.com/

Thumbs up Thks

Hiya gys,
    Thx Meh for another surprising update. Dagger Lee is certainly a hero with his luck
    -
    Question:
    1. LingLing is one smart girl, redirecting words/thoughts to another direction ...
    -
    2. Why did Blue Scorpion kill Zhi Zunbao? Just to return a favor [DaggerLee didnt kill her previously]?
    --- Zhi ZunBao said, “Don’t forget. I originally came here so I could help you out. You really should give me some face.” ...
    --- Zhi ZunBao’s face turned green, her expression as ugly as can be. She said while biting her teeth, “You… you have the nerve to attack me? I will kill you!”
    --- Blue Scorpion ignored her and continued, “Although you made my right hand useless, at least you spared my life. I always return my favors. That’s why I can’t stand to watch you get mutilated by that pig.”
    -
    3. Another technique to unseal pressure points.
    --- Li XunHuan smiled bitterly and said, “I was attempting to unseal my pressure points through inner power. Unfortunately my ability’s not good enough to pass the last hurdle. Who’d have thought that drop to the ground helped me break through, allowing me to move again.”
    -
    -
    Interesting Lines:
    1. LingLing said, “Then why are you so obedient? Why did you hold out your hand when she asked for it? You could’ve given her the dagger.”
    --- dagger = kill, dagger = surrender
    2. That fat woman said, “Dirty? Surely not. Besides, it doesn’t matter even if he has fleas. It only makes him seem more manly.”
    That fat woman said, “That’s even better. A man’s not true man unless he can drink.”
    --- Is she the official spokesperson for woman?

was blue scorpion's attack really aimed at dagger li's hand or zhi zunbao?

because it says the blue streak was going towards li's right hand, and the next thing we know is that zhi claims the attack was towards her?!?!

To Meh, managed to sort out your car? cars can be trouble, like women, can't live with them,can't live without them (don't kill me, its all these Gu Long translations turning me into a sexist pig )

Yaaayyyy.. Meh is back.....

Question:

With a loud cracking sound, she pulled off Blue Scorpion’s hand along with her sleeve.

Blue Scorpion retreated a few more steps, and oddly showed no expression of pain.

Zhi ZunBao tore off her right hand.
    so.. is it really Blue Scorpion's hand that got torn off????
    If so, she must be one tough lady. If it were me, I'll be screaming , crying, rolling on the floor en stuff....

Yes, her hand was torn off. It was previously broken(so she couldn't use it). But Zhi ZunBao ripped it off.

Charlieboy: Yes, my car trouble are over, at least for right now. Can't wait til I have a job that actually pays enough money for a decent car though...

Anomynous: Yes, Blue Scorpion really did kill her as a favor to LXH for not taking her life. It might sound a bit stupid, but GL characters aren't the most logical folks around.
    Last edited by Meh; 07-09-03 at 09:03 PM.

Hiya gys,
    From Meh: Yes, her hand was torn off. It was previously broken(so she couldn't use it). But Zhi ZunBao ripped it off.
    -
    Dang, I thought Zhi ZunBao torn a fake hand ... what happen to Blue Scorpion's [villain's] craftiness?

Chapter 45: Near Miss

Blue Scorpion laughed and said, “What’s the need? You have returned my debt the moment you raised your hand. Although I’m a woman, I still have my morals.”

LingLing blinked her eyes and cut in, “But women don’t have to be moral. It’s within our rights. Because men are naturally stronger than women, they have to give in a bit to us.”

Blue Scorpion said, “Who said this?”

LingLing said, “My lady.”

Blue Scorpion said, “You listen to her a lot?”

LingLing said, “Of course, because she speaks up for women.”

Blue Scorpion suddenly walked over to her, and slapped on her cheeks ten times.

LingLing froze.

Blue Scorpion said coldly, “Like you two, I’m also not a good person. But I still have to hit you, to teach you a lesson. Do you know what that is?”

LingLing bit her teeth and said, “Because you’re a… you’re a…”

Before she could finish, she began to cry.

Blue Scorpion said, “Because of women like you, men have always looked down upon us. Because they look down at us, I’ve always sought revenge, to have done those things I did.”

Her voice became softer and softer, “But I did not know that when I was doing those things, I was not only destroying others, but also myself. This is how my life became destroyed.”

Li XunHuan said caringly, “Let the past go away. You’re still young. You can start over.”

Blue Scorpion sighed, and said, “Perhaps you can think this way, but what of others?”

Li XunHuan said, “As long as your heart is content, why should you worry about how others feel? You should live for yourself, not others.”

Blue Scorpion looked at him, and asked slowly, “Are you living for yourself?”

Li XunHuan said, “I…”

Blue Scorpion still stared at him, a smile appeared on the side of her mouth. She said, “No one would ever regret meeting someone like you. It’s a shame we did not meet ten years ago…”

Then she left.

Only to hear her voice from afar, “Just leave Zhi ZunBao’s body. I will take care of it. Don’t worry, No one else ever have to worry about anything I do.” She was long gone by the time she finished this sentence.

LingLing had been crying all this time, but now she raised her head, and said, “She’s the one who made the mistakes, yet she had to take out her frustrations on me. Although she’s a bad person, she still wants to act all heroic and brave. I absolutely abhor people like her.”

Li XunHuan sighed, and said, “Actually, she’s not like that at all.”

LingLing said, “You think I don’t know the things she had done?”

Li XunHuan said, “No matter what she has done, she is still a kind person at heart. As long as her heart is kind, then she’s not evil.”

LingLing bit her lips and said, “You must think that I’m innately evil, right?”

Li XunHuan said with a smile, “You’re still a child. How could you at your age clearly differentiate between good and bad, right and wrong? As long as someone can teach you the right ways from now on, you’ll turn out fine.”

LingLing blinked her eyes and asked, “So can you teach me?”

Li XunHuan said, “Later, if I ever get the chance…”

LingLing said, “Later? What’s wrong with now?”

Li XunHuan said, “You know I have to go look for Guo SongYang right now. If I can make it back alive…”

LingLing cut him off, “Actually, I know that once you leave here, you’ll never return. I’m just a kid. Why would a person like you care about a little girl like me?”

She rubbed her eyes and continued, “Besides, we’re strangers really. Even if I become bad, you still won’t have to worry about me. Even if I become ten times worse than Blue Scorpion, it’s still none of your business. Even if I die on the street, you still won’t bother to give me a burial.”

As she spoke, her voice became sadder and sadder, as if should she turn out bad, the culprit would be Li XunHuan.

Li XunHuan could only laugh bitterly. He said, “I promise I’ll return…”

LingLing covered her eyes and said, “But you’re so busy. By the time you decide to actually come back, I might be long dead.”

Li XunHuan said, “I’ll be back very soon…”

Before he could finish this sentence, LingLing stopped crying, said, “Really? When? I’ll wait for you.”

Li XunHuan said, “As long as I am alive, I’ll come back immediately after I see Guo SongYang.”

LingLing jumped up and smiled. She said, “You really are a good person. For you, I’ll become a good person too. But no matter what, you can’t lie to me. If you do, I might become bad again.”

Li XunHuan’s burden was already heavy enough. It only became heavier.

Making sure LingLing turn out good apparently became his obligation. He can’t possibly reject it now. Even he wasn’t sure just how this problem dropped into his lap.

He could only laugh bitterly.

He had faced way too many problems in his life.

But there’s only one thing on his mind right now!

He can only hope that Guo SongYang had not yet met ShangGuan JinHong and Jin WuMing.

He can only hope that he’s not too late.

He’s not terribly late.

The autumn sun still had not descended below the mountain. The water glittered like gold under the sunlight.

A piece of maple leaf floated in the golden-colored water, down the river, followed by a second one, and a third… until the river is filled with them.

It’s still Autumn. Maple leaves should not be falling yet.

Could these have come from sword streams of Jin WuMing and Guo SongYang?

Li XunHuan’s heart sank, because the battle had begun!

This must be an amazingly intense, heart-wrenching duel.

Guo SongYang must be in the fight of his life, which is why these leaves have been so devastated by sword streams.

How much longer can he last?

Li XunHuan can’t wait to get there.

About sixty percent of the leaves in the forest have fallen. The atmosphere full of death, the falling leaves danced in the autumn wind, as if filling the sky with blood.

Is the battle over?

Who won?

There are no shadows within the forest. Even if the autumn wind could speak, it could not tell what Li XunHuan wanted to know. Only the flowing water cried out, as if mourning for the vanquished.

If Guo SongYang lost, then where is his body?

The leaves continued to flow down the river.

The Sun finally descended behind the mountain. He suddenly saw a streak of red flowing down the river.

Could it be the blood of the defeated?

Li XunHuan raised his head, headed towards the end of the river, only to see a geyser blowing out water from the side of a mountain.

By this geyser is a single person.

Even though the geyser continuously spurted out water onto this person, it still could not dislodge him from his place.

This person wore a black robe, laid there motionless.

Li XunHuan gasped, “Guo SongYang… Brother Guo…”

He flew towards the body, only to find water spraying all over his eyes.

He jumped into the geyser, and grabbed that person’s hand.

He’s right. This person is indeed Guo SongYang.

His body is now nearly frozen from the cold water, but he still held on to his sword, not letting go even in death.

That sword is the world famous Solar-Apex Iron Sword, its sheath had fallen into the river below, but the sword remained in the mountainside.

Why did he do this?

Li XunHuan moved the body to the ground nearby, only to hear someone yell from behind, “Why did he do this to himself?”

He didn’t have to turn around to know that it was LingLing speaking. This girl, amazingly enough, actually followed him.

LingLing asked, “Why did he hang himself like that? Was he afraid that you couldn’t find him? Did he want to give himself a shower?”

Li XunHuan sighed, said, “If a person comes into the world cleanly, why should he not depart the same way?”

LingLing asked, “What do you mean?”

Li XunHuan said, “He didn’t want anyone to bury him, nor to take his body away.”

LingLing said, “Why? Was he waiting for you?”

Li XunHuan said, “Exactly.”

LingLing asked, “Why wait for you when he’s already dead?”

Li XunHuan said, “Because he has something to tell me.”

LingLing froze. After a while, she said, “Did you… you say that he wants to tell you something?”

Li XunHuan said, “Correct.”

LingLing asked, “You mean you know what he wants to tell you?”

Li XunHuan said, “Yes.”

LingLing asked, “He already told you?”

Li XunHuan said, “Yes.”

LingLing said, “But… but when you arrived, he’s already dead.”

End of Chapter 45

Phew! Halfway through the book, folks.

Way to go Meh!!!!
    You can do it. We'll be cheering you on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your kind words. Hopefully, the last 44 chapters won't take too long for me to complete.

Flawless translation, great job.

Just want to say that i'm starting to appreciate Gu Long's style.
    The dialogue lines are mostly short & sharp. What makes it even more impactful is the 'pause' at the end of every sentence. It allows the meaning to really sink in. While this style is pretty much found across most of his stories, i think its most obvious in this story. Especially Li XunHuan's dialogues. So much so that whenever this manner of conversation crops up in LXF, i think og LXH. Its becoming synonymous with LXH in my mind.

Chapter 46: The Heroic and the Ambitious

Li XunHuan looked at Guo SongYang’s body, sighed, and said, “You’re right. I was a step too late.”

LingLing said, “If he’s already dead, then what can he tell you? …Are you saying that dead people can talk too?”

Li XunHuan said, “Even though his message was not expressed in words, I can still hear him.”

LingLing said, “But… but I can’t hear anything.”

She’s totally lost, and became scared.

People tend to be scared of things they don’t understand.

Li XunHuan paused for a moment, then said, “You want to know what he said?”

LingLing nodded.

Li XunHuan said, “Actually he had given you the message too. It’s just that you weren’t listening. To be honest, the words of dead people tend to be the most precious ones, because these are words they used their lives to obtain. If you can learn to hear dead people’s words, you can learn a lot of things.”

LingLing asked, “But how do I listen to dead people?”

Li XunHuan said, “Obviously, it’s not easy to understand the words of a dead person. But if you want to live a few years longer, and live happily, you should learn.”

His tone was very serious, with no hints of joking.

LingLing said, “But how do I learn? Will you teach me?”

Li XunHuan said, “Why don’t you listen more closely?”

LingLing closed her eyes.

She tried her best to listen, but could not hear anything.

Li XunHuan said, “You should not only use your ears to listen, but also your eyes.”

LingLing opened her eyes.

Only to see Guo SongYang’s clothing filled with sword wounds, very apparent after being cleansed by water.

His body is now gray, because all blood had left his body.

After a long time, Li XunHuan asked, “So what did you see, what have you heard?”

LingLing said, “I… I see that there are many wounds on his body, nineteen total.”

Li XunHuan asked, “What else?”

LingLing said, “Because his wounds are all very short, and very shallow, one can see that they’re made by the tip of a sharp sword.”

Li XunHuan asked, “Why must it be a sword?”

LingLing said, “Neither saber nor spear can make such delicate wounds with their tips.”

Li XunHuan said, “Very good. You’ve learnt a lot already.”

LingLing smiled, said, “Therefore, the person who killed him must be Jin WuMing, because ShangGuan JinHong uses Dragon & Phoenix Rings, not sword. ShangGuan JinHong perhaps didn’t even come.”

Li XunHuan said, “Perhaps he was here, but did not attack.”

LingLing nodded, said, “These wounds are all made diagonally, deeper on the bottom end, shallower on the top end.”

Li XunHuan said, “That’s correct.”

LingLing said, “Therefore, we can see that each sword stroke struck upward. This is indeed a strange style of sword art. I’ve often heard that Jin WuMing’s sword art is swift and tricky, a very rare style in the martial world. I finally believed this today.”

Li XunHuan said, “You’re right. Not only is his sword art very mysterious, his strikes all come from awkward angles, so that his opponents could never tell where he was attacking from.”

He pointed at one of the wounds on Guo SongYang’s body, said, “Look at this wound. It would have been ordinary had this attack came downward, but based on his wound, you can see that this strike came upward. His sword art is therefore the opposite of traditional sword moves.”

LingLing said, “You’re right.”

Li XunHuan said, “Therefore, Jin WuMing’s strikes all started from below the waist, utilizing much wrist power. If I hadn’t seen these wounds, I would’ve never expected anyone to attack in this manner.”

LingLing nodded.

Li XunHuan said, “You only saw his front side. There are seven more wounds on his back. Considering Guo SongYang’s martial arts, there is no way he should’ve been wounded from behind.”

LingLing said, “That’s right. If I were to fight someone, I would never turn my back to him.”

Li XunHuan said, “Therefore, these wounds must have been made when they passed by each other. Only if Jin WuMing struck from his flank could he have wounded his opponent.”

He sighed, and continued, “Anyone who can attack from the flank practices a very unusual type of sword art. What’s even more extraordinary is, these attacks also were struck upward, which meant that Jin WuMing must’ve changed the way he held his sword at the moment their body passed each other. This ability alone makes him an incredibly dangerous fighter!”

LingLing listened in a daze.

After a long time, she sighed, and said, “So that’s what he wanted to tell you.”

Li XunHuan said, “Otherwise, there was no way he could’ve suffered so many wounds.”

LingLing asked, “Why?”

Li XunHuan said, “When top fighters fight, winning and losing almost always come down to a single exchange. For if one side showed even the slightest flaw in his move, his opponent would immediately take advantage of it.”

LingLing said, “I understand.”

Li XunHuan said, “Think about it. Solar-Apex Iron Sword has been renowned in the martial world for twenty years now. Guo SongYang is the top one or two sword user in the world. There’s absolutely no way he could’ve revealed twenty-six flaws, and be wounded twenty-six times.”

LingLing said, “You mean he purposely revealed them… but is he not afraid that Jin WuMing would kill him?”

Li XunHuan said, “But because he purposely revealed these flaws, he was able to dodge the killing blow each time. It’s also why his wounds are so superficial.”

LingLing became totally lost. She asked, “Why would he do this?”

Li XunHuan sighed, said, “He did this to tell me exactly what Jin WuMing’s sword art is like!”

LingLing froze.

After a while, tears came down her eyes. She said, “I’ve always thought that there are no kind people in this world, that friendship simply meant using each other for one’s own benefit. That’s why if someone wants to live well, one must learn to use others, trick others. Never should one be honorable or caring, or would suffer greatly.”

Li XunHuan said, “I take it these ideals are taught to you by Lin XianEr.”

LingLing nodded, said, “But now I know that there are good people in this world. There really are people who value honor and friendship above their own lives.”

She suddenly kneeled in front of Guo SongYang and said, “Mr. Guo, although you died, you managed to help out your friend, and taught me a valuable lesson in life. Hopefully, you can rest peacefully now.”

On a dirt road outside the mountain, two people walked. The setting sun shined on their robes, which gave off a mysterious, golden glitter.

They did not walk very fast nor very slow, but quite serenely. They did not speak, nor made any irregular gestures.

But their body gave off an invisible aura of murder. Before they even entered the forest, all the birds inside the forest had flown away, scared off by this dark aura.

Life is very important to them.

They would not let any form of life lie on top of their heads!

It’s very dim inside the forest.

When they got here, the person walking in the front suddenly stopped. At almost the exact moment, the person behind him also stopped.

The person in the front is ShangGuan JinHong. He asked, “How was Guo SongYang’s sword art?”

Jin WuMing said, “Good!”

ShangGuan JinHong asked, “Very good?”

Jin WuMing said, “Very good, better than the leaders of the seven major sword sects.”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “But when he fought you, he revealed over twenty-six flaws in his movements.”

Jin WuMing said, “Twenty-nine. I did not attack the other three times.”

ShangGuan JinHong nodded, said, “You’re right. You did not attack those three times. Why?”

Jin WuMing said, “Because had I attacked at those three moments, I would’ve killed him!”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “You saw that he revealed those flaws on purpose?”

Jin WuMing said, “Correct, which is why I didn’t want him to die so quickly. I wanted to use him to practice my sword!”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “But do you know why he revealed all those weaknesses?”

Jin WuMing said, “No. I never thought about that.”

Other than killing people, he does not like to think about anything else.

ShangGuan JinHong said, “He revealed those flaws so you could wound him.”

Jin WuMing said, “Huh?”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “He knew that he could not defeat us, which is why he did this, so Li XunHuan could see the location of your strikes from his wounds.”

He raised his head, and continued, “Therefore, he must’ve known that Li XunHuan would follow him. If we return right now, we would surely find Li XunHuan there!”

Li XunHuan went to Ah Fei’s house to find a shovel, so he could make a grave. Most people in the martial world tends be buried at the place where they died.

LingLing looked on this whole time. Li XunHuan didn’t want her to interfere. Digging this grave is his prerogative. No one else should get in the way.

At this moment LingLing said, “Are you really going to bury him here?”

Li XunHuan nodded.

LingLing said, “If a man dies an honorable death, then it really doesn’t matter where he’s buried, right?”

Li XunHuan said, “Yes.”

LingLing said, “In that case, you should not bury him here.”

Li XunHuan said, “If not here, then where?”

LingLing said, “You should hang him at the geyser over there.”

Li XunHuan did not respond.

LingLing said, “ShangGuan JinHong and Jin WuMing would surely realize Mr. Guo’s intentions after a while, right?”

Li XunHuan said, “Yes.”

LingLing said, “Jin WuMing obviously would not want you to know his sword art. So once he realize this, he’ll come back, right?”

Li XunHuan said, “Right.”

LingLing said, “If they found Mr. Guo’s body in a different place upon returning, they’d know that you’ve been here, right?”

Li XunHuan nodded.

LingLing said, “In that case, should you ever come into blows with them, Jin WuMing would change his sword style, right?”

Li XunHuan said, “Correct.”

LingLing said, “If that’s the case, then wouldn’t Mr. Guo’s message be useless?”

Li XunHuan said, “I’ve already thought about the things you’ve said.”

LingLing said, “Then why do you still intend on burying him here?”

Li XunHuan said, “I can’t do that, because he died for me, while I…”

LingLing said, “Exactly because he died for you, you should return him to where you found him. Otherwise, wouldn’t his death be in vain?”

Li XunHuan thought for a long time, before he said, “I’d bet anything that ShangGuan JinHong and Jin WuMing would not return!”

Jin WuMing turned around.

ShangGuan JinHong said, “You want to return?”

Jin WuMing said, “Yes.”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “I know you’ve long wanted to duel with Little Li’s Flying Dagger, but now is not the time!”

Jin WuMing asked, “Why?”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “If you return now, you will certainly lose!”

Jin WuMing’s hand gripped his sword tightly, his voice turned a bit coarse, asked, “Why would I certainly lose?”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “You’ve already killed Guo SongYang. Your killer instinct has dissipated. Li XunHuan currently has extra strength from his sadness. If you return now, you’re going to be at a severe disadvantage.”

Jin WuMing said, “But you…”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “Together, we can surely kill him. But… how can you be so sure that Li XunHuan went alone? What if Old Man Sun is with him?”

Jin WuMing said, “Even together, it’s not certain that…”

ShangGuan JinHong cut him off, and said clearly, “I’ve already told you. During our visit to the martial world this time, we can only win, not lose. If we’re not a hundred and twenty percent certain of victory, then we will not engage the enemy!”

Jin WuMing remained silent.

ShangGuan JinHong, “Besides, sentimentality has crept into your mind.”

Jin WuMing said, “Sentiment?”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “The reason you can win is because you are utterly ruthless, but now that you’re a bit sentimental, your strength has decreased.”

ShangGuan JinHong then said, “You’ve never been sentimental before, what happened? Who did this to you?”

Jin WuMing suddenly turned away, and said, “No one.”

ShangGuan JinHong said, “I don’t really want to ask who this person is. But if you want to win, want to defeat Li XunHuan, then you must return to your previous level of ruthlessness. If you want to return to that level, then you must kill the woman that moved your heart!”

As he spoke, he turned around and entered the forest.

It’s the middle of the night.

Li XunHuan’s heart is just as heavy as his footsteps.

Guo SongYang’s finally buried. This famous swordsman’s final fate did not differ from anyone else, occupying just a small part of the ground.

But did he die a more important death than most other people?

Li XunHuan did not know the answer. He only knew that Guo SongYang did not have to die. If a person who did not have to die… died, then wasn’t his death a bit crazy?

Perhaps all heroes throughout history had been somewhat crazy.

Even he himself is quite crazy.

LingLing followed him closely, suddenly asked, “How do you know ShangGuan JinHong and the others won’t be back?”

Li XunHuan said, “Because ShangGuan JinHong is incredibly ambitious. Ambitious people do not act like normal people.”

LingLing asked, “What’s so different about them?”

Li XunHuan said, “If they attack, no matter success or failure, they’d retreat safely afterwards, then wait for the next chance to attack. Ambitious people never do things that’s not safe.”

He sighed, said, “Ambitious people are never silly, which is why they’re different from heroes.”

LingLing asked, “So heroes are very crazy?”

End of Chapter 46
    Last edited by Meh; 07-31-03 at 05:01 PM.

Originally posted by Acidbeastonfire
    While this style is pretty much found across most of his stories, i think its most obvious in this story. Especially Li XunHuan's dialogues. So much so that whenever this manner of conversation crops up in LXF, i think og LXH. Its becoming synonymous with LXH in my mind.
    Actually, I never thought this story particularly accentuated this unique style of his. Perhaps because of my translation? Or maybe I just didn't catch it.

Cool

good update, thank you Meh.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse