Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Jue Da shuang Jiao by Gu Long

Default Questions about Jue Da shuang Jiao by Gu Long

Hi everyone! One of my friends had the following questions about Jue Da Shuang Jiao. I know that a number of you have read it. I sure hope that you can help me answer these questions for my friend. Thanks!

Is Yao Yue a cold hearted person, or does she actually have some emotions for people. Based on the adaptations, the one with Tony Leung, she seems to be really mean. Her only concern was for revenge. She even killed her sister just because of Little Fish and Perfect Flower dad. Yet the one with Jimmy Lin, it seems she sort of have a nice side to her. Not much I may add, but somewhat.

What happened to her character in the novel? Did she die in the hands of that traitor? Or did she just lived alone lonely.

What happened in the scene where Fish and Flower faced each other. How did the news that she kept went when she told the truth?

Does she ever finally like Little Fish? As in, did the two brothers and her come to peace, or did they just left her back to be together with their gals? In Tony Leung version, it looks like she sort of likes Little Fish, its just that she is still revengeful against his father. She might have fell in love with Little Fish if he was his father. In Jimmy version, I think she actually at the end thinks of them like her sons (something like that), actually cares how they are doing. I hate the fact that part two of that version made Fish and Flower die.

Is Yao Yue sister as good as her? What about Yan Nan Tian? Is he superior to Yao Yue. In the adaptation he defeated her, and considering he was paralyzed for 20 years, he was still able to beat her.

Can Little Fish beat Yao Yue? If during a fight he was told what to do, then he could defeat her or no? In Tony's version, he actually got a hit on her.

How strong is Yao Yue by the way? She looks much stronger in Jimmy version then Tony's. I mean she has a bubble force shield to protect her, while the one in Tony version only has the cloth flying thing.

Let's say if Fish and Flower decides to fight against Yao Yue because she was so messed up, do they have a chance against her?

How did Fish and Flower kill the traitor(he is talking about Jiang Qin) in the novel?

Thanks for any responses!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Princess Lianxing has only reached up to level 8 of Mingyugong and yet she was considered invincible in the relm. However, her sister Princess Yaoyue after mastering the 9th level of Mingyugong was pretty much on the same level as Yan Nantian (after he mastered Jiayi Shen Gong). However, most novel readers think Yan Nantian is slightly more superior. The thing with Jiayi Shen Gong is after you have reached an extremely high level of martial arts, you must disgard your all of your existing martial arts and start all over again. So it benefited him more after the locals of The Valley of Evil made him become a vegetable. Princess Lianxing has only reached up to level 8 of Mingyugong.

As for Xiao Yu'er vs Yaoyue, he would have absolutely no chance. Xiao Yu'er and Hua Wu Que combined wouldn't even touch Lianxing, let alone her more powerful sister.
    Yo momma cat

Thanks for the reply Minutemanwayne. Have you read the novel? I heard it is really good. Too bad the adaptions don't really follow the novel.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

All I've read are Athena's translations, watched the Jimmy Lin version, and gathered all my other info from other novel readers posts.
    Yo momma cat

I guess I should read the translations sometimes or tell my friend to come here and read it. I get lazy to read since I have a lot of reading for school already. Do you like the story(the actual novel)?

Can't comment since I haven't read much but so far I really like it. Xiao Yu'er is a very interesting character. Just wait until Zhang Jing shows up, it will get even more interesting
    Last edited by minutemanwayne; 03-20-04 at 05:37 AM.
    Yo momma cat

Blah two posts delete this please mods.
    Yo momma cat

I was just reading Athena's translations too. Well I didn't read it all. I just read chapter 1 all the way. The rest of it I just skimmed.. I guess I will go back and read it later. Xiao YU Er is really cute and funny. I don't like Zhang Qing much though. She is kind of annoying to me....I am looking forward to So Ying and Tie Xin lan though.

Fish is kind of annoying... and it's more annoying to know that he's gained one more fan now. Oh well, I suppose most girls likes bad boys.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

fish is more annoying in the begining than in the end, just like hua wu que is more annoying in the end than in the begining...and tie xin lan is just irritating wherever she is.

Really? I wonder why some people don't like Tie Xin lan?? What is wrong with her?? Fish is cute and sometimes annoying but isn't that bad. Same with his brother. Did you guys hear about either Taiwan or CHina making another series based on this novel? I heard they will turn Jiang Yu Lan's character in to a female?? I can't believe they will do that!! I think the series won't be good....

It's horrible, I don't want to see that one.!
    Jue Da Shuang Jiao is my favourite GL novel.
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

Originally posted by Trinie
    Really? I wonder why some people don't like Tie Xin lan?? What is wrong with her?? Fish is cute and sometimes annoying but isn't that bad. Same with his brother. Did you guys hear about either Taiwan or CHina making another series based on this novel? I heard they will turn Jiang Yu Lan's character in to a female?? I can't believe they will do that!! I think the series won't be good....
    If Wong Jing is the director, anything can happen!

i really hope Dicky won't take this offer. It sounds like a really crap storyline Wong jing is planning.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Originally posted by Trinie
    why tie xin lan is irritating...maybe's it cuz she basically crying in every single scene and pitying herself, save when she first comes out.

jiang lu lan's character into female? what? r they going to change the name too...into something like jiang yu mei?

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Yaoyue is one very, very, very cold woman! I mean I think the way Jiang Feng described her was very accurate. I just loved it when Xiao Yu'er annoyed the hell out of her, made me so happy. She may be god knows how many times more beautiful than Wei Wuya (the rat), but when comes to character and personality I think they're made for each other.
    Nope, after her revenge scenario failed and she killed her sister in vain... She went mad and left the scene laughing hysterically, we don't know what happens to her.... but it seems she would not live long.
    Yan Nantian and Yaoyu were equals in martial arts, no one absolutely no one could defeat her. Hua Wujue and Xiao Yu'er combined may not even be her match.
    She studied the Bright Jade Dexterity, it is said that only a few people in the history of Wulin successfully mastered the skill. Yaoyue, Shen Lang (Wulin Waishi), Xiao Wangsun (Lover's arrow) and the Purple Marquis (Wan Hua Si Jian Lu).

I like Xiao Yu'er a lot! Tie Xinlan..... what can I say? Zhang Qing....annoys me too.
    However, I loathe Wong Jing! Why can't he have some sort of terminal disease or suffer from a depression! I just pray that one of these days that a big safe/or some other heavy object will drop on his head! Dicky as Xiao Yu'er! He is too old, not that mention... he has gained a few pounds lately, most unsuitable! Again I just keep hoping that something heavy will drop on Wong Jing's idiotic head!
    Last edited by Athena; 03-22-04 at 05:23 PM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Yea, I forgot to say that Wong Jing is indeed the director!! No wonder there are such ridiculous changes. By the way, I think Dicky has taken the offer!!He will be playing Xiao YU Er. Fan Bing Bing will play Tie Xin Lan and Nicholas Tse will play Hua Wu Que. Yea, that's what I heard... Jiang YU Lan will be a girl!! THey may change her name, who knows?? They may even change Xiao Mi Mi into a guy!! Wong Jing's productions are sooo stupid and a big disgrace...

Thanks for the reply Athena! I knew that Yao Yue is really evil and cold, no wonder Jiang Feng doesn't like her. I like Xiao Yu Er too. Tie Xin Lan is ok,but she is a little too weak... I really can't stand Zhang Qing or Mo Rong Jiu though. They are so conceited...

Originally posted by Athena
    She studied the Bright Jade Dexterity, it is said that only a few people in the history of Wulin successfully mastered the skill. Yaoyue, Shen Lang (Wulin Waishi), Xiao Wangsun (Lover's arrow) and the Purple Marquis (Wan Hua Si Jian Lu).
    I believe in those copies that do carry this paragraph, the list of names were only those who had mastered Level 8 (the Night Emperor and YaoYue's sister were also members of that). Which would make Princess YaoYue the only one to move onto Level 9.

I think i'm the only one who have different opinion!
    I Like Hua Wujue character better than Xiao Yu Er.
    It's just that Xiao Yu Er too smart for me!
    But both of them have a kind heart.
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

Bit of a translation by Laviathan

Princess Lianxing said: "Those who were fortunate enough to practice this art were all extraordinary talents in their era. Throughout history, there have been only six of them."

Su Ying asked: "Just six? Who were they then?"

Lianxing answered: "Apart from my sister and I, there were the mistress of Bright Island in the South Sea named Queen of Daylight, the Lord of Royal Valley Xiao Wangsun, the Master of the Seven-Colored Ship which roamed the Seven Seas and the supreme talent of the martial arts world Shen Lang.

From what I've read, it stated that these people learned Mingyugong. It didn't state whether they had reached level 8 or surpassed it. I dunno though we'll have to ask Athena or Laviathan for some more information.
    Yo momma cat