Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Empress Wu ft. Alyssa Chia, Zhao Wen Zhuo

Originally posted by LilyPhuong
    I just think that they had him die because they wanted a more dramatic ending. Plus, if he didn't die and took over, history wouldn't be the same. They didn't want to modify the story that much. The king was annoying though. i don't like that dude. I agree that the movie story was weak in that Lady Wu was not clever and witty at all. She seemed weak and naive. I wanted to see her being an evil empress. GRRR!
    Hey LilyPhoung

I totally understood the dramtic ending but the fact that the writers had the character so determined on death was like "What the?!?!?" Yeah history wouldn't be the same but the already messed it up so much already. Sheesh, at least entertain me by the end!

But yeah it's just another series now. Waiting on for something else to release and hopefully catch my attention.
    (¸· ´ (_.·*¨`» · ·÷¤ :+: IiI sorrow IiI :+: ¤÷· · «´¨*·._) `·.¸)
    .·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·: .·:*´¨`*:·..

Sorrow's Corner

Default Empress Wu {Zhao Wen Zhuo, Alyssa Chia}

Hmm.. I was surprised to not see a thread on this series since it was such a good one. Absolutely love Alyssa and ZWZ in here... so much chemistry between them! Felt so sad for thier 'forbidden' love There were a few scenes that really made me feel for them...
    I was surprised that this series had such a depressing ending.. since it started out so playful and 'innocent-like.' I feel so bad for Empress Wu when she ended up all alone at the end with her sadness bottled up b/c of the death of her most beloved (the general), and her ended up alone with all of her close friends gone
    I think this series was very intresting... another twist on the "Empress Wu" legend.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic
    Hmm.. I was surprised to not see a thread on this series since it was such a good one. Absolutely love Alyssa and ZWZ in here... so much chemistry between them! Felt so sad for thier 'forbidden' love There were a few scenes that really made me feel for them...
    I was surprised that this series had such a depressing ending.. since it started out so playful and 'innocent-like.' I feel so bad for Empress Wu when she ended up all alone at the end with her sadness bottled up b/c of the death of her most beloved (the general), and her ended up alone with all of her close friends gone
    think this series was very intresting... another twist on the "Empress Wu"
    legend.
    Hi Sparkly_Chic

I think there was a thread but probably got deleted...cuz we're discussing it early this year ! Yeah, I love this series too... specially Alyssa and ZWZ. They so compatible together that I become a big fan after watching them in this series !
    Cheers!!!!!!

i think the correct name for this series is the legend of wu mei niang.

Yes, and the offical viet name for this series is "Tieu Nu Vo My Nuong"

There were some things that I couldn't comprehend at the end of the series tho... What was the whole point of having that young guy that looks exactly like ZWZ(general) come out? Like from that scene from when she saw him in her 'resting room," it jumped directly from that to her standing on the throne... Explanation anyone?
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

there is actually a thread for this already. it shuld be under taiwanese series, coz it is a taiwanese series, not china.
    i think its called "lady wu- with alyssa chia".
    there's a lot of discussion there about this series.
    *£övë ¢härmäïnë §hëH 4ëvä*

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

Personally, I didn't like the political struggle in here too much.... Those woman in the palace annoyed the heck outta me! Especially the one that whines literally everytime she's onscreen.
    I know they butchered this story up into a million little pieces.. but can't fault people for trying a new twist on things now can we? But I agree with most of you that the writers made Alyssa character too weak! There were some parts were she could have done something to shut all those people up.. and yet she just went with the flow... Aggravates me!

One disagreement I have with some of you that have commented is the topic of Zhao Wen Zhuo (Vincent) and Alyssa romance... I absolutely adore this couple... It was heart wretching to see them go through so much hardship and not even end up together at the end They were bursting at the seam with chemistry... there doesn't seem to be any hesitance on them acting as a couple in here!

Remember now that this movie made ZWZ out to be a very honorable and loyal man...From the beginning, when he found out the truth about his father and his uncle (the King) ...he himself said that that part of history has been over with, and the throne belongs to the King's son now... not him. He has so many chances to take the throne back, but he didn't because with that action, he would have been throwing all his honor and loyality away and he wouldn't live happy with himself if he did just that. And the reason that he commit suicide at the end is that he wanted to put the recent King at rest with the idea of his throne being 'threaten." This is purely a selfish-less act on ZWZ part....he just want everything to put at rest and no more trouble being stirred up. (Remember how everything got riled up when the truth about him comes out?)
    I truly love ZWZ character.... so honorable and brave... a typical non-existant mold of a guy that never exist in real life
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

does anyone have any pictures of this serie??? if you do, can you please post...
    Fans of Vincent Zhao and Alyssa Chia? Join The FANLISTINGS

A cute article regarding ZWZ + Alyssa awhile back- You can really see the comfyness between them-

2-20-2003 ettoday, min sheng bao, xing bao

"Legend of Wu Mei Niang" held its conference in China on the 20th. The weather is still cold in china with Alyssa Jia, Zhang Ben Yu and Yang Tong Shu wearing thin layer of Tang Dynasty clothing appearing before everyone's eyes. This gotten Zhao Wen Zhuo, Sun Xing, Li li qun and Bao Jian Feng all said, "My eyes are catching cold!"

It's the first time for Alyssa Jia and Zhao Wen Zhuo starring in a same series but they already have chemistry. Alyssa said that everytime when they rehearse, Zhao Wen Zhuo would say, "Wu Mei Niang, this look of yours is pretty! However, your two slide of mustache on your lips ruin this beauty image. Just believe me, you'll look prettier if you shave."

As Zhao Wen Zhuo repeating "mustache" for several days, Alyssa finally shave her mustache. And once she shaves herself clean, Zhao also notices her and teases her, "oh, now this Wu Mei Niang is pretty and transparent as glass. If you ever start a career in Hollywood, don't forget it was I who ask you to shave!"

Zhuo also jokes that the director always ask him to stand closer to Alyssa Jia whenever they do a love scene. But he said that if he stands too close and steps on his clothes then he can't see anything when the clothes drop down and that it'd be an advantage for others to see and he'd rather not let others see something he can't see. So whenever he walks with her, he'd be very careful.

Zhao Wen Zhuo said he's willing to be a green leave to support a red flower Alyssa jia, saying "I'm the closest green leave to a red flower!" Earlier, some media said that Zhao only cares about money instead of the substance of the script. But Zhao said, "This is so wrong. Like this series with Alyssa Jia as the focus, I'm not the leading actor. Yet, the script's good so it's worth it."

"Legend of Wu Mei Niang" depicts the early part of Wu Ze Tian's life, with Alyssa Jia starring as Wu Mei Niang while Zhao Wen Zhuo playing her body-guard General Li Jun Xian.

Zhao Wen Zhuo loses weight and gets Alyssa worry saying that his face is even smaller than hers. Alyssa working with Zhao for the first time finds herself nervous, "that's b/c he looks mean, a little stern. After touching base with him for these 10 days, I actually find that he's quite easy to get along with!" However, they need time to develop chemistry. When Alyssa sends an eye signal to him, Zhao doesn't catch it. And when he does, he wants to laugh. For example that same night, Alyssa has to do a scene where she delivers medicine to Zhao with her mouth, but Alyssa is very tense and confuse, "It's weird, why do ancient ppl use their mouths to deliver medicine?"

Zhao on the other hand says that whenever he thinks of Wu Ze tian, he thinks of Liu Xiao Qing. But when he gets the script, he finds that Alyssa Jia is also suitable to play a young Wu Ze Tian. He describes her love with Alyssa Jia in the series is like a marathon, where they only have some simple embracing and kissing scene. "Whenever Wu Ze Tian's trapped in predicament, Li Jun Xian will appear to save her. He'd rather lose his life but he isn't destined to be with her. It's very touching." Since he likes this script, he doesn't mind that he isn't one of the main-lead actor and not much of fighting scenes for him to display his kung fu.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ettoday.com//image/i715972-b.jpg')

**Credit to Kittywitt @ TVseriesensation.com
    Last edited by Sparkly_Chic; 10-22-04 at 01:29 AM.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ettoday.com//image/i769768-b.jpg ') ( Kiss scene b/t ZWZ+ ALyssa when they were in jail)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cts.com.tw/prog/drama/meiniang/images/meiniang028.jpg') (The green dress that everyone likes Alyssa in so much)
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Default ZWZ and Alyssa

I've watched Empress Wu and Miracle Healers recently...and completely felt in love with ZWZ and Alyssa ..i think they hv great chemistry as lovers.....Can anybody tell me if they have acted in any other series together? Do ZWZ has any new serial after Mircale Healers??? Thanks

ZWZ just recently wrapped up filming for "Seven Swords of Mt. Tian" and currently filming "Four Rarities of Royal Palace."
    "Wind and Cloud 2" should be his next series that will be released-

Alyssa and ZWZ does indeed have fantastic chemistry together..So natural
    As far as I know, they've only collaborated in 2 series together so far - the 2 that you listed above

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.zhaowenzhuo.net/bbs/UploadFile/20042421591144742.jpg') ( A modern pic of them awhile back)
    Last edited by Sparkly_Chic; 10-25-04 at 07:16 PM.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Thank you Sparkly_Chic for the info and pix I can't wait to catch ZWZ on screen again ...Kindly keep us updated on news and pix of ZWZ..
    Are you currently watching any serials... ( I simply love ZWZ in Express Wu..)

Hear from you soon

Quote Originally Posted by Chole
    Thank you Sparkly_Chic for the info and pix I can't wait to catch ZWZ on screen again ...Kindly keep us updated on news and pix of ZWZ..
    Are you currently watching any serials... ( I simply love ZWZ in Express Wu..)

Hear from you soon
    Well I just finished watching HSDS '03 w/ Alec+ Alyssa..and I really love Alyssa acting+ apperance in there-
    I'm currently waiting for "Miracle Healers" to be all released in Viet so I can rent it (Hate it when I have to wait for tapes to be release...takes away from enjoying the show ya know ) And I'm really looking forward to seeing ZWZ + Alyssa agian in here. Just like you, I fell in love w/ them when watching Empress Wu

And at the moment, I'm watching "Placebo Cure"(TVB) and "Who's the True Emperor Xin Long" (with Alyssa in it)

HaHa, as you probably noticed, I'm really late at watching series b/c I only get to go to my video renter place 3 times a yr
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic
    Well I just finished watching HSDS '03 w/ Alec+ Alyssa..and I really love Alyssa acting+ apperance in there-
    I'm currently waiting for "Miracle Healers" to be all released in Viet so I can rent it (Hate it when I have to wait for tapes to be release...takes away from enjoying the show ya know ) And I'm really looking forward to seeing ZWZ + Alyssa agian in here. Just like you, I fell in love w/ them when watching Empress Wu

And at the moment, I'm watching "Placebo Cure"(TVB) and "Who's the True Emperor Xin Long" (with Alyssa in it)

HaHa, as you probably noticed, I'm really late at watching series b/c I only get to go to my video renter place 3 times a yr
    undefined

Hi ...I've just finished watching Miracle Healer..and simply love ZWZ & Alyssa in that show too....ZWZ looks really good and charming......and I am really crazy over him now....I can't wait to watch his new serials ( not release yet ) but at the meantime....i intent to watch Book & Swords 02 and Hua Mulan ( just to watch him)..have you watched these serials ? can anybody tell me if it is good...Thank you....can i find the reviews posted anywhere?

I just finished this series like 3 weeks ago and since I'm not familiar w/ all the chinese history and stuff like you guys to "compare"..I thought this series was really good! It was very touching at the end and I cried my eyes out..but like some of you..i thought there are some things that should have changed as in why didn't he just kept the throne or why didn't he and alyssa run away when they could have ?!!? but o wells not like we can do ne thing abt it.. And one more thing is I didn't think alyssa's acting was all that bad in it...as a mattr of fact..i loved her and she was really good w/ zwz

Watching this series over..or should i say certain "parts" and everytime I watch the ending..I keep on crying...can't help it..eheheh

lol well, does anyone knows how to ge the theme song? cause i really love it

Vincent and Alyssa are the cootes couple ever!

Lightbulb

r ther any disgusting (torture p'haps) scenes?
    so this series follows the "buddhist version" of empress wu i guess..in the buddhist version she isn't evil but she is supposed to be an intelligent lady
    juz 2 remind u, i hvent seen d series

Quote Originally Posted by crimson18
    r ther any disgusting (torture p'haps) scenes?
    so this series follows the "buddhist version" of empress wu i guess..in the buddhist version she isn't evil but she is supposed to be an intelligent lady
    juz 2 remind u, i hvent seen d series

no real torture scenes--although it was terrible what yinyin did to xiaduo--cutting his hands off, breaking his legs, making him not be able to talk, and blinding him--

how does that wicked women die?

This was a long series though...

Question

whos yinyin n whos xiaduo? y did she do dat?
    CrimsYu SukiYo 川島 すき依 ..

CrimsYu

AND that's me!!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...titled-1-1.jpg