Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Empress Wu ft. Alyssa Chia, Zhao Wen Zhuo

Quote Originally Posted by crimson18
    whos yinyin n whos xiaduo? y did she do dat?
    yinyin and xiaduo were "buddies" of wumeniang. However, yinyin fell in love with the king, who was in love with wumeniang. They both became the king's concubine. But out of jealousy, yinyin tried to kill wumeniang--she actually kid wumeniang's baby daughter.

Xiaduo knew about that so yinyin killed him. She is extremely evil.

I'm not fully done with these series..but it's okay..I think some parts are really dumb and makes no sense--but everyone has their own opinions..I think the series could have been better--not the actors/actress--just the storyline.

I don have the time to watch it..my sis bought it cheap- somethign like RM48 and she didnt like the plotting in there so passed it to my mum to watch. i saw bits of it..i think that gal looks better dressed as a palace maid and, she doesnt look as pretty as Alyssa. But she reminds me of Ruby Lin tho..
    CrimsYu SukiYo 川島 すき依 ..

CrimsYu

AND that's me!!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...titled-1-1.jpg

did sun xing act as an evil guy again?
    forgot to ask
    CrimsYu SukiYo 川島 すき依 ..

CrimsYu

AND that's me!!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...titled-1-1.jpg

I'm currently watching this series and so far, so good. Bao Jian Feng as Li Zhi is so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson18
    did sun xing act as an evil guy again?
    forgot to ask
    He plays Zhangsun Wuji, who was historically a nemesis of Wu Zetian. However, in this adaptation thus far, he's made out to be a comical and loud uncle of sorts who came up with a plan to get Wu Mei Nian (Alyssa) out of jail. Well, actually, it was more to keep Li Zhi from losing his Crown Prince status than anything else.

This adaptation departs a lot from history and Alyssa is a far cry from Liu Xiao Qing in terms of being a legit Wu Zetian, but it's entertaining for entertainment's sake.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 03-09-05 at 09:51 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yea, me too I am currently watching it since there airing this cts 11am, 8pm. I love this and it is humorous, quite a character. It is kinda easiers to watch this after finishing qin wang li shi ming.

Yeah, this is more "brainless" entertainment than QWLSM. How far are you?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Tell ya the truth, I don't get cts, but I found a way to watch it live online on a website and I am up to ep 9 ,but I missed ep6-missed the part where wu ze tian kinda got her revenage for her father's death. I love this storyline easier to understand, but this is more a female point of view, since I keeping hearing the lines about wuzetian saying to li jun if he likes her. It kinda getting interesting about li yuan trying to overthrow his brother li shi ming. I think in my mind here we go again just like in qing wang li shi ming series, fighting in the prince position vs secondary position.

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander
    Tell ya the truth, I don't get cts, but I found a way to watch it live online on a website and I am up to ep 9 ,but I missed ep6-missed the part where wu ze tian kinda got her revenage for her father's death. I love this storyline easier to understand, but this is more a female point of view, since I keeping hearing the lines about wuzetian saying to li jun if he likes her. It kinda getting interesting about li yuan trying to overthrow his brother li shi ming. I think in my mind here we go again just like in qing wang li shi ming series, fighting in the prince position vs secondary position.
    Wu Mei Nian definitely makes it obvious that she loves Li Jun Xian, but Li Jun Xian has problems making his true feelings known even though they're obvious to the audience. Have you gotten to the part where Wu Mei Nian yells off the cliff that she loves Li Jun Xian and that Li Jun Xian loves Wu Mei Nian?
    They had to alter history a lot in having Li Yuan Ji still be alive (but with one arm) after the Xuan Wu Men incident to now try and overthrow Li Shi Min. Li Jun Xian being the son of Li Jian Cheng is rather cliche considering how many times have we been through the storyline of "someone being loyal to a father-like figure only to find out that that person is actually the one responsible for the death of his biological dad"? Li Shi Min is going to die soon, so it's probably going to be more of Li Zhi vs. Li Jun Xian on more than one level.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yes, I seen that part it was rather cute, and I did see the seen where li shi ming vs. li yuan qi , this seen was rather quick for me. Overall this storyline is rather easier to alternate unlike the china version very harden version.

Li Jun Xian finally admitted that he loves Wu Mei Mian. But, too bad they're separated again.

Ying Ying suddenly just went over the edge and became a major *****. I felt sorry for her at the beginning since she loves Li Zhi so much while he only saw her as a "body replacement" for Wu Mei Nian, but it's obvious now that her love is a very selfish one ("If I can't have him, no one can!") and she's not worth pitying anymore.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

oh woww u guys didn't finish watching this yet o.O hehe..well if u guys got ne questions..ask me this is one of my favoritest series! :wub:

I have 10 more episodes to go in this series, which isn't bad considering I started watching it less than a week ago.

I wish Wu Mei Nian wasn't so easily manipulated! I mean, even Xiao Duo isn't fooled by Ying Ying's false front and lies and now he's going to end up a victim of a setup in part due to Mei Nian's naiveté and unwillingness to listen. If she were the real Wu Zetian, she would never have made it this far in the first place. I guess that's why she needs Jun Xian in this severely distorted (although still enjoyable) adaptation.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 03-14-05 at 09:42 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I very enjoy this movie , It's so touching at the end

Poor Xiao Duo. First his manhood and now his hands, tongue, eyeballs...

I really hate Xu Ying Ying!!! I hope she gets her just desserts at the end. I do have to say that the actress who plays her has done a very impressive job going from weak, innocent and selfless to a completely twisted and fake devil, though. She definitely deserves the best actress award in this series.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Poor Xiao Duo. First his manhood and now his hands, tongue, eyeballs...

I really hate Xu Ying Ying!!! I hope she gets her just desserts at the end. I do have to say that the actress who plays her has done a very impressive job going from weak, innocent and selfless to a completely twisted and fake devil, though. She definitely deserves the best actress award in this series.
    What ! Lady Zhuge, I thought you've watched this series ages ago!

Yeah, I really hate her too when I watched it.....she is soo twisted that its scary to imagine that there might be someone like that out there .

She actually make Wu Mei Nian looks bad for being so naivee.....
    Cheers!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    What ! Lady Zhuge, I thought you've watched this series ages ago!
    No, I wasn't really interested in watching it until I became a fan of Bao Jian Feng.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    She actually make Wu Mei Nian looks bad for being so naivee.....
    Yeah, Wu Mei Nian frustrates me with her naiveté and I don't really like her either. You'd think that Xiao Duo's panicky reaction towards Ying Ying's appearance would have set off major warning signals, but noooooo....she (plus Jun Xian and that other girl) left him alone with that witch and gave her time to do away with him once and for all! It's only after the cruel murder that everything finally starts to click.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

How is this taiwanese version of empress wu ze tian compared to ATV's 1980's version of empress wu ze tian starring petrina fung bo bo?

have anyone watch the atv's 1980's version of empress wu ze tian?

the atv's 1980's version received good viewers' ratings better than tvb during its initial broadcast. I watched it and its overall good. the themesong was great sang by a female singer portraying the series.

The makeup artists did a good job being able to make the leading actress' appearance aging from a cute naive teenager to a pretty mature woman to a wise middle-age woman then finally to an elderly woman.

This is released on vcds boxsets in dual audio languages in asian ebtertainment stores such as
    http://www.malmusic.com

http://www.yesasia.com.

Lady zhu ge yeah, I wasn't really watched it because of Bao Jian Feng, but it kinda shocks me from playing a intelligent wei zhen in Qin wang li shi ming from the Prince in wu ze tian a female chaser. I don't know from intelligent to dumber,lol but it is great that he playing the same genre in the Tang Dynasty for me to easily to get used to the series. He plays very well, but kinda childish, I felt bad for Li jun always get hurt, does he get any reward somewhere along the lines to save wu ze tian, because he doesn't deserves all this. Of course, his father wasn't a great prince either, but this character is a good person, it is a shame to see a good character has to leave in the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by earth4477
    How is this taiwanese version of empress wu ze tian compared to ATV's 1980's version of empress wu ze tian starring petrina fung bo bo?
    I haven't watched the 1980's ATV version of Wu Ze Tian, but I bet I'm not going out on any sort of limb by saying that it's more historically accurate than this version.

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander
    Lady zhu ge yeah, I wasn't really watched it because of Bao Jian Feng, but it kinda shocks me from playing a intelligent wei zhen in Qin wang li shi ming from the Prince in wu ze tian a female chaser. I don't know from intelligent to dumber,lol but it is great that he playing the same genre in the Tang Dynasty for me to easily to get used to the series. He plays very well, but kinda childish, I felt bad for Li jun always get hurt, does he get any reward somewhere along the lines to save wu ze tian, because he doesn't deserves all this. Of course, his father wasn't a great prince either, but this character is a good person, it is a shame to see a good character has to leave in the storyline.
    Hehe, you have it backwards. Bao Bao played Li Zhi first in ZZHY and then Wei Zheng in QWLSM, but we just watched the latter before the prior. I think he does a very convincing job in both roles, which just goes to show you what a diverse actor he is. Li Zhi behaves like a child sometimes and wasn't a very responsible emperor, so it's fitting that Bao Bao portrays him as such, plus the fact that he does have somewhat of a baby face (making him ever so cute ).

Yes, it's too bad that Li Jun Xian is always getting hurt because of Wu Mei Nian. Like I said earlier, I wish they could just run away together because Jun Xian is probably getting tired and this particular Wu Mei Nian isn't fit to be a competent/intelligent emperor in the first place. No, he doesn't get any real rewards for saving Mei Nian. He just gets into deeper and deeper entanglements because of her existence. The ending will not be a happy one for the two lovebirds.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

man, that kinda ruined the fun conclusion, of course it is the facts, so i don't worry about it. Watching this and comparing that times and til now 2008 US election. Thinking to myself many things are changed, but is it possible to have a female election for female president, does this rings a bell. All I know it is going to be Hiliary clinton, I know this doesn't relate to wu mei niang, but Hiliary is also intelligent enough, able to put up with Bill Clinton, plus she is a female. Same goes for Wu mei nian able to be a emperor of China, today's US election 2008, Hililary Clinton, history repeating itself, lol.
    If you like Bao feng, I am selling 2 chinese series I am not watching anymore. I will pm you.