Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If West Poison hadn't died in ROCH, which side would he have taken in the Mongol War?

Default If West Poison hadn't died in ROCH, which side would he have taken in the Mongol War?

North Beggar Hung 7 Gung and West Poison Au Yeung Fung did not survive to see the end of ROCH. If Hung 7 Gung had lived to the end of ROCH, it is certain that he would have helped his students Gwok Jing and Wong Yung and their allies to defend Seung Yeung Fortress from the Mongols. What if Au Yeung Fung had survived and regained his sanity, however? Which side would he have taken? Au Yeung Fung hated Hung 7 Gung, Wong Yerk See, Gwok Jing, Wong Yung, etc., and it's unlikely that he would have wanted to help them. At the same time, however, I get this feeling that Au Yeung Fung wouldn't want to see the Golden Wheel Monk and the Mongols running roughshod over the Chinese martial society. Is there any chance that Au Yeung Fung would have joined the Mongol side (to get another chance to strike against Gwok Jing, etc.)? In LOCH, when Au Yeung Fung was sane, he was basically nonpolitical. He was willing to help the Jin Empire not because he was a traitor to the Han people, but because he was indifferent to politics and he found that helping the Jin was useful in the achievement of his own agenda (i.e. becoming the world's # 1 martial artist). Would the same reasoning also lead a rehabilitated Au Yeung Fung to siding with the Mongols, or would he have helped Gwok Jing and his allies (maybe on Yeung Gor's behalf)?

He wouldnt even bother to think about war since he was insane, but if he were sane, I think he would never "adopt" YG as his son, and might join Mongol to fight GJ's side. There might be a little competition between GLFW and OYF if this happened.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

wrong if he regained his memories at mt hua and did'nt die he would absolutely take yg as his son, who wopuld'nt i bet if h7g did'nt die he would take him under his wings, seriously yg is like once in a life time qualiti as a disciple. no i doubt oyf would go onthe mongols side he has no reasons too, he was with the jins becos he was oposing gj and co who had wat he wanted.

HYS seemed to think that OYF would certainly side with them (end of ROCH, Mongolian siege). He said that OYF would fit very well into his formation, but unfortunately he was dead. HYS then said that YG would also fit that role perfectly.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by ToOn99
    There might be a little competition between GLFW and OYF if this happened.
    That would've been an interesting rivalry (and maybe evened things up a bit for the Mongols in terms of elite martial artists; the Sung had as many as five Greats-level fighters on their side at one point; the Mongols only had the Golden Wheel Monk). I wonder whom Kublai and Mongke would have trusted more? The Golden Wheel Monk, in addition to being a great fighter, was also quite cunning and resourceful...but I think old West Poison Au Yeung Fung had the edge on him there.

He would choose the side that benefit him!
    Just like in LOCH!
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

He wouldn't choose that side because GJ is there.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Wouldn't it be possible if GJ, HYS, Yi Deng, and ZBT decided to team up to capture the Mongolian king in his palace?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    Wouldn't it be possible if GJ, HYS, Yi Deng, and ZBT decided to team up to capture the Mongolian king in his palace?
    Maybe, but it took until the end of ROCH to get all these characters on the same page.

If he wasn't mad, then doesn't that mean that OYF didn't learn the altered 9 Yin, or he learned it but didn't go mad (so did he defeat the other Greats on Mt. Hua?)?

If the former, I guess he would go with the Mongolians to get GJ to recite the real 9 Yin (as before).

If the latter, I think he would go back to White Camel Mountain and sulk (while creating even more poisons), until he hears of the JLFW's Elephant Dragon Po Ye Martial Arts and goes to take/steal it. (Gees, GJ would be estactic to have OYF annoying JLFW! )
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Originally posted by charbydis
    (Gees, GJ would be estactic to have OYF annoying JLFW! )
    It's what we Chinese call "using barbarians against barbarians".

Originally posted by superboy
    Mongolians weren't useless like Song soldiers. Even if they succeeded, it wouldn't make any difference. The Mongolian imperial family had plenty of members and at that time, they were all very brave and not afraid of dying.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    It's what we Chinese call "using barbarians against barbarians".
    Barbarian or not, I will go wherever OYF goes!

And it would be a very interesting twist to ROCH if it did happen, since unmad/mad West Poison was the most deadliest (not most powerful) of the Greats, and JLFW was definately in the top three males at the end of ROCH.

But it would also be a downfall, since:

- YG would have died of LMCS poison if OYF was not there to teach him and wanted him as a son (He might still want him as a disciple if he was there, but with YG's likeness to YK, the killer of his beloved son?) And the rest of ROCH would be boring.

- Thus XLN would never come out of the tomb and thus never get raped (which is good), never met YG and never be able to learn the "Jade Maiden Skills"

- Nobody would be there to slap GF and who knows what she would turn out like?

- LMC would probably not exist since West Poison would not approve of her using poison as a main weapon when it was his speciality, and bash her up.

- XY City would have fallen sooner since YG and XLN were not their to help and GJ and HR would commit suicide earlier. (might be debatable since H7G prob. won't have died)

- GX would not meet YG and Emei would never be formed ()

- Same thing with Z3F and Wu Dang, thus HSDS is stuffed.

So typically, without OYF going mad, ROCH would have sucked!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Originally posted by Candide
    Mongolians weren't useless like Song soldiers. Even if they succeeded, it wouldn't make any difference. The Mongolian imperial family had plenty of members and at that time, they were all very brave and not afraid of dying.
    But brave does not equal the power of the Greats!
    Cyril Connolly

So typically, without OYF going mad, ROCH would have sucked!
    It's kind of like that film THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT.

Events that happened way in the beginning of LOCH (or even earlier) went on to affect the martial society right up until the end of HSDS. Things that happened at the Shaolin Temple at the end of HSDS might have turned out differently (or not even happened at all) if a certain Cheun Jen Sect Taoist named Yau Chui Gei hadn't slaughtered some Jin soldiers and Sung traitors in the Gwok and Yeung families' neighborhood some 150 years earlier.

But brave does not equal the power of the Greats!
    What makes you think that the Greats could infiltrate the Mongolian palace, killed their Khan and escape unscratched ? At best they would only be able to do it once, then the Mongolians only needed to get a new Khan (they had plenty of good candidates) and Song would be stuffed even sooner as the Greats became Mongolian BBQ.

i guess my question would be when he would be sane again, if he was sane again after finishing with H7G at mount hua, than he probably would like to teach YG the rest of his martial arts and Yg wouldn't be what we knos of him. after that, i think he would just stay neutral adn maybe head back to whitle camel mountain.
    JUST HERE TO ANNOY!!!!

If he were sane again, YG would be dead meat. YK killed his only son, remember ?

But YG was the only one kind to him and even saved his life from the 1st freak.

But come to think of it, you're right, YG would be dead meat. His father killed his son. At best, OYF would probably spare him but not teach him.
    Last edited by SkineePanda; 03-22-04 at 07:58 PM.

I would like it better if West poison worked for himself.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07