Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yeung Gor...the root of Mo Dong Sect martial arts?

Default Yeung Gor...the root of Mo Dong Sect martial arts?

Cheung 3 Fung was the creator of the Mo Dong Sect's sophisticated system of martial arts (including Tai Chi), but can we credit Yeung Gor with being the root of the Mo Dong Sect's martial arts?

Before he had learned the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, and before he had invented any martial art, the young Cheung Gwun Bo was taught four martial arts moves by Yeung Gor, which Cheung used to kill Wan Hak Sai and Siu Seung Tze, the two Mongol mercenary warriors who had stolen the 9 Yeung Jen Ging. These four moves represented Cheung Gwun Bo's first true martial arts training. Were these four moves at the root of all of the Mo Dong Sect's martial arts? Can we call Yeung Gor the root of Mo Dong martial arts?

Cheung 3 Fung meet YG ? I thought YG went into seclusion at the end of ROCH???

Originally posted by Stance
    Cheung 3 Fung meet YG ? I thought YG went into seclusion at the end of ROCH???
    A 13-year old Cheung Gwun Bo, who would grow up to become the great Cheung 3 Fung, met Yeung Gor and the other Greats at the summit of Mt. Hua at the end of ROCH. This was in all editions of the ROCH novel, but no TV adaptation of ROCH has ever depicted it.

those 4 moves probably just made up 0.01 % of total moves of Wutang sect martial arts.
    I think to be more accurate, Shaolin should get the credit as the real root of Wutang sect. At the begining of HSDS, Chang Kwun Bo learned Lo Han moves to "defeat" He Ju Dao. Then, not long after that, Ju Yuen passed 9 Yang Shen Gong to GX, Shaolin Abbot, and Chang Kwun Bo.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    A 13-year old Cheung Gwun Bo, who would grow up to become the great Cheung 3 Fung, met Yeung Gor and the other Greats at the summit of Mt. Hua at the end of ROCH. This was in all editions of the ROCH novel, but no TV adaptation of ROCH has ever depicted it.
    OIC ... so then was Gwok Seung there to? If so then he would of met her there as well?

OIC ... so then was Gwok Seung there to? If so then he would of met her there as well?
    Indeed he did. That was his first encounter with Gwok Seung. I think they even spoke briefly, but I'm not certain.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

this part already translated long ago can be found at the reading room, why don't you go there and read for your self

Originally posted by atlantean0208
    this part already translated long ago can be found at the reading room, why don't you go there and read for your self
    the problem is i'm too lazy to read kekeke

I think it was the 9 Yang that influenced the main part of Wudang kungfu. What YG taught him was more like "an intro to martial arts".

the problem is i'm too lazy to read kekeke
    You'll still have to read their replies. Besides, it's more fun to read the actual novel.

I don't really consider it asthe root since I don't think it has much influences in wudang's martiala rts. Z3F invented all by himself.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Default Re: Yeung Gor...the root of Mo Dong Sect martial arts?

Cheung 3 Fung was the creator of the Mo Dong Sect's sophisticated system of martial arts (including Tai Chi), but can we credit Yeung Gor with being the root of the Mo Dong Sect's martial arts?

Before he had learned the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, and before he had invented any martial art, the young Cheung Gwun Bo was taught four martial arts moves by Yeung Gor, which Cheung used to kill Wan Hak Sai and Siu Seung Tze, the two Mongol mercenary warriors who had stolen the 9 Yeung Jen Ging. These four moves represented Cheung Gwun Bo's first true martial arts training. Were these four moves at the root of all of the Mo Dong Sect's martial arts? Can we call Yeung Gor the root of Mo Dong martial arts?

NO, NO, NO and NO....now way can u possibly credit yang guo with that...and u got some of ur order mixed up...

1)ok...let consider this....at hua shan zhang jun bao had massive qi...think it also says somewhere that his qi would surpass his master jue yuan. how did zhang junbao learn get this qi?...of course through 9 yang...just that he didnt know it then and that he didnt know much of it anyway...

ok now indirect proof of the 9 yang theory...lets consider he didnt...9 yang zhen jing was stolen and hid in the giant ape thingy...they never found it until zhang wuji ...so how could zhang junbao have learnt it then?....

2) i m pretty sure it was only 3 moves...but anyway... apart from that time at hua shan to defeat xiao xiang zi, zhag jun bao never used those moves again...from what we know from the text...

proof: next fight we see zhang junbao is at shaolin against kunlun 3 saints...zhang junbao did not at all use those 3 moves, but stuck to shaolin luohan quan. which may i add, performed to perfection, so well that the abbot of shaolin said something along the lines that he never seen it performed so well or similar....

3) zhang san feng, now... created tai ji on the bases , according to jinyong, as a counter style to 9 yang, he assumed one might have existed, (9 yin zhen jing) and used his on wu xing to create tai ji based on the taoist principles associated with 9 yang and used ti to create tai ji...

proof: somewhere in the book...plus by indirect proof: one version (that i know of) has zhang wuji examining 9 yin and stating that perhaps only his grand master Zhang san feng could learn both 9 yang and 9 yin....therefore there must be something that links 9 yin to tai ji

4) Yang guo was described as pure yang energy...
    source: refer to part where yang guo rescues guo xiang at the old temple and guo jing's comments afterwards...also in other parts...

wu dang kungfu is based on yin not yang...based on both, but more soft compared to the solid styles of yang.

proof: wu dang is has tai ji...emphasises soft vs hard...plus mentioned in guan ming ding fight... song yuan qiao used soft palms and muo shenggu used "finger spining soft sword"

5) theoritically zhang junbao never received any true martial arts training...martial artists consider training from someone as accepting under the sect and taught the basics of that clan and etc. yang guo only taught zhang junbao 4 moves...thats pointers not training...just like yg learnt tan zhi shen gong and etc from huang yao shi...its not teaching...its pointers...

proof: as u said ur self...yang guo only taught zhang junbao 3/4 moves...luohan quan was learnt from a wooden figurine given to him by guo xiang, which was in turn given to her by Rev. wu se. even though it was under yang guo's instruction that wu se gave the doll to guo xiang, zhang junbao was never taught by anyone... Jue yuan did not teach zhang junbao 9 yang as such...zhang junbao learnt what he did from jue yuan's dream mumblings and in his final hours jue yuan only taught the xin fa of 9 yang to zhang junbao and guo xiang...with the shaolin guy listening in. considering its only xin fa and jue yuan himself did not learn any kungfu makes it true that he was not taught by anyone.

in conclusion, it can be seen that yangguo played some influence on zhang junbao's life and therefore wu dang clan, he was not the root, and was far from been credited with that. From the fact that zhang jun bao and yang guo only met by chance and that under wulin terms yang guo did not technically teach zhang junbao, nor was zhang jun bao taught by any person, it can not be claimed that yang guo taught zhang junbao at all. also if the idea that he was taught, then the REv. Jue yuan will be credited as first, throught his teachings of 9 yang through mumblings in sleep. Also the fact that zhang jun bao never did use those moves again disproves this idea that yang guo played such a role to be considered the root. Zhang san feng, who created tai ji and all wu dang stances not only to be soft based, and tai ji to be a counter style to 9 yang, makes it highly unlikely that yang guo can be credited with this as yang guo himself was pure yang and hard based.
    therfore from the examples and proofs provided it can be seen that yang guo is definitly not the root of wu dang kung fu

translation

Zhang jun bao = Cheung Gwun Bo
    Zhang san feng = Cheung sum fung
    Xiao xiang zi = Siu Seung Tze
    Wu dang = Mo Dong
    Yang Guo = Yueng Guo
    Jue Yuan = Jue yuen ?
    9 yang zhen jing = 9 yueng jen ging
    shaolin = Siu Lum
    Guo jing = kwok jing
    Zhang Wuji = Cheung Mokei
    Last edited by Zhang San Feng; 03-22-04 at 05:06 AM.

Originally posted by atlantean0208
    where in the reading room can this part be found? I didnt' see it. I would like to read the ending as none of the tv adaptations ever filmed this part.

Thanks

I have been trying to look around this site for the last part of ROCH. All I can find is the beginning of HSDS that talked about Z3F. Can anyone tell if this site had the end of ROCH that talked about Z3F? Thank You.

How does someone just create a new type of kung fu or fighting style? Wouldn't it hav to be lots of people with the same ideas, because with just 1 person, how could u make a whole new system....even if u did do it urself wouldn't it takes years?

I think he proably borrowed many ideas to create new styles. Like YG's Sad Palm was a composure of his previous martial arts.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/forumdis...mid=29&x=5&y=9

You folks need to explore this website more. We've got LOTS of cool stuff here.
    but still no translation of last chapter of roch...the supposed last chapter is only a summary...and of which anything about zjb was left out

proof: next fight we see zhang junbao is at shaolin against kunlun 3 saints...zhang junbao did not at all use those 3 moves, but stuck to shaolin luohan quan. which may i add, performed to perfection, so well that the abbot of shaolin said something along the lines that he never seen it performed so well or similar....
    didnt he use one fist in all diections in the beggining of DGSD not sure....never watched full adaption or read the book,i think sum one stated it on this site.

Originally posted by duguxiaojing
    ...in the beggining of DGSD not sure....
    You mean, the beginning of HSDS.

ya srry.