Thread: What if Ling Wu Chung had found Dook Goo Kau Bai's cave?

Default What if Ling Wu Chung had found Dook Goo Kau Bai's cave?

Yeung Gor and Ling Wu Chung were the only two Jin Yong heroes to have benefitted from the swordsmanship theories of the Sword Demon Dook Goo Kau Bai. Yeung Gor and Ling Wu Chung, however, took very different aspects of Dook Goo Kau Bai's swordsmanship philosophies. Yeung Gor went to Dook Goo Kau Bai's cave, found his collection of swords, took the Heavy Iron Sword as his own, and developed a sword technique to use it with. Ling Wu Chung was taught the principles of Dook Goo 9 Swords by Fung Ching Yeung (formerly of the Mt. Hua Sect).

Imagine if Ling Wu Chung had found the cave of Dook Goo Kau Bai (in this scenario, Ling Wu Chung did not meet Fung Ching Yeung, and has no knowledge of Dook Goo Kau Bai). Additionally, all the swords of Dook Goo Kau Bai are available to him (Yeung Gor either did not take the Heavy Iron Sword, or put it back after his retirement . . . neglecting HSDS developments). Which sword would Ling Wu Chung have chosen? Would he have gone for the Heavy Iron Sword like Yeung Gor did (unlikely; it doesn't seem to suit him), or would he have picked one of the other swords? If so, which one?

LHC would have received little benefit. His martial arts understanding was not nearly deep enough to understand anything from a tomb. Yang Guo himself felt that without all the accumulated knowledge from the past, he would not have been able to comprehend such martial arts theories (and he STILL needed the Condor's help to learn XTJF); and YG was a person who had -very- wide ranges of experiences with top-tier martial arts, having witnessed the Iron Sand Palm of Qiu Qianren, Guo Jing's XL18Z, learned Dog Beating Stick from HR and H7G, 9YZJ and Jade Heart Manual from the Ancient Tomb, and some Divine Flicking Fingers from HYS.

haha the iron sword didn't really suit yeung gor did it? We've all just gotten used to it.....

I think Yang Guo was too much of a pretty boy to look good with the huge Heavy Iron Sword (maybe that's one of the reasons why he didn't carry it with him at the end of ROCH). Only Hercules-like warriors like Xiao Feng or Guo Jing would look good wielding that gigantic sword.

As for Ling Hu Chung... I doubt he would pick the Heavy Iron Sword, as in the whole XAJH, he most of the time appeared as too weak even just to walk. I don't think he would be able to carry it ^_^ Still, the guy might've tried to swap it for wine money or something
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Ken,

For the oldies here, could you review the different types of swords that DGKB had through his life?

THat's one of the mysteries of Jin Yong's novels.

I think that LWC would probably use a light sword. The fighters in SOD seem to rely on speed more than anything else. Can one really be that fast when using a heavy sword?

Wouldn't work for LHC. He didn't have half the inner strength of YG (pre-condor training).

And without DG9J he wouldn't have gotten hold of XXDF and YJJ anyway.

And maybe the condor would not have liked him.

How come some people seem to get smarter wen they learn more advanced martial arts?

Originally posted by Yo Kang
    THat's one of the mysteries of Jin Yong's novels.

I think that LWC would probably use a light sword. The fighters in SOD seem to rely on speed more than anything else. Can one really be that fast when using a heavy sword?
    One of the requirements to heavy iron sword mastery is that the wielder must be able to move it as if it were a normal sword.

Ot course the question is that once you have enough chi to swing the heavy sword as fast as a normal sword, would you be able to swing normal sword faster then a normal sword?

Yes. But would he have the inner power to make a heavy sword seem like a normal sword?

Depends what your standard. Maybe he can swing the Iron Sword like a normal person swinging a normal sword, but not as easy as martial art expert's speed with the normal sword.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

After u keep training the heavy one ur arm eventually becomes stronger and u are also much more used to the weight. So i guess its just practice.

Originally posted by CC
    One of the requirements to heavy iron sword mastery is that the wielder must be able to move it as if it were a normal sword.

Ot course the question is that once you have enough chi to swing the heavy sword as fast as a normal sword, would you be able to swing normal sword faster then a normal sword?
    after using the iron sword in the beginning, you will have too much power to use a normal sword without breaking it.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

I always thought that the Heavy Iron Sword looked as big as a normal sword, maybe a little shorter?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.