Thread: Ode To Gallantry Poem

Default Ode To Gallantry Poem

I don't think that there is another martial arts manual in the JY wuxia novels which matches the poem in Ode To Gallantry in the richness of the martial arts interpreted from it.

From the version that I read, it was more than just the lines from the poem that were etched/painted on the cave walls on Hap Hak Island - there were also paintings accompanying a certain line (or lines) that illustrated the line(s) of the poem.

Thus some people interpreted the line differently by focussing on different cues in the particular painting.

Shi Po Tian, not being literate, just focussed on whatever idea the originator of the poem wanted to express, whether it was in the painting or the brush strokes of a particular character.

Anyway, getting back on track ... the poem and paintings produced a seemingly unique expression in each person that saw them, i.e. each set of martial arts produced was different regardless of the martial background of the practitioner. What's more, the level of skill attained placed them at the top of the list of elite fighters in Wulin.

But most people missed out on 'Tai Xuan Jing' which was written in Persian, but seemed to be some kind of connection diagram for the meridians. Mastering the Tai Xuan Jing sent SPT into some kind of ecstatic state where all martial arts he had learnt could be expressed at will (no small feat).

So it seems like the poem has it all ... lightness skill, weapons, bare hand, internal power ...

Hard to compare with the 'Jings' from other novels, but shouldn't be written off as many here are wont to do.

Anyone can give some explanation about XKX ? If SPT was illiterate, How come he could understand the poem ?
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Default Re: Ode To Gallantry Poem

Originally posted by CFT
    ...whether it was in the painting or the brush strokes of a particular character.
    Exactly as CFT mentioned above, ToOn. SPT leant from the calligraphy painting.

ups, I C, I didnt read CFT's posting cos a bit too long

Originally posted by ToOn99
    ups, I C, I didnt read CFT's posting cos a bit too long
    Just imagine the posts by Kenny in the "martial arts comparison" topic, they are often 10 times longer than this one (he is very good at addressing every issue), plus you have the gebberish characters for distraction that didn't convert well from the Forum upgrade.

that's my bad