Page 2 of 348 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Liu Yi Fei

really? your friend saw her in person? is this in a public event?

Yea, it was at the TLBB promotion. You know, the one that she was dressed in that one pink outfit with the pink jacket? My friend said she was pretty, but not anything special since my friend has met some other stars as well. Her looks are only miniscule to them....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I agree that she shouldn't laugh...rather smile with her mouth open. It makes her look bad. Not pretty. If she had small smiles and stuff she'd be pretty all the time. lol.

Also, she's nothing special? I think she's going to be the next Zhao Wei or Lin Xin Ru. Maybe. If all this TLBB stardom doesn't get to her head and make her all haughty and such.

If she does get more popular because of TLBB that would be more because of luck than actual talent. That's how Vicki and Ruby got famous because they got lucky to be casted in HZGG. I have noticed that many other artists are way more talented and look a lot better. But they don't seem to get the fame that they deserve since they don't get popular roles that shoot them to stardom. Well, lets see how far LYF can go....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I think Liu Yi Fei looks better in ancient costume. I can actually name 3 people that I know that looks really similar to her, in the pictures that were posted on the first page. The first one looks like my cousin, and the pink one look like this friend of mine.. They are all pretty, in fact my friend even worked as a model as a mid teen; however, her looks seem quite common when dressed in the modern style, but in the ancient style, she looks more beautiful.

That's what I meant when I said that her looks are nothing special. I have a friend that looks like her too so her looks are really common and nothing unique....

Default serious, u have friends look like her? can post pic and compare

are those people claiming that their friends and cousin have the same look as liu yi fei is joking or wat? I think it is really hard to believe so many people claim their friends and cousin look like her. try post one of the pic that look similar to liu yi fei to prove wat is posted is true.

Default Re: serious, u have friends look like her? can post pic and compare

Originally posted by ken2004
    try post one of the pic that look similar to liu yi fei to prove wat is posted is true.
    yeah, you're right Post a pic now, please

Well I may think my friend sort of looks like her, but you all may not. My friend doesn't look that much like her. She sort of does in certain pictures if she really fixes herself up. Even if it isn't people we know. There are many other actresses that have the type of look that she does,but actually look better in my opinion. Some examples are Echo Shen, Shu Chang, Cecilia Cheung, Hu Jing, Shui Ling, etc... What is so special about Liu Yi Fei?? But opinions vary anyway...

Originally posted by Trinie
    Well I may think my friend sort of looks like her, but you all may not. My friend doesn't look that much like her. She sort of does in certain pictures if she really fixes herself up. Even if it isn't people we know. There are many other actresses that have the type of look that she does,but actually look better in my opinion. Some examples are Echo Shen, Shu Chang, Cecilia Cheung, Hu Jing, Shui Ling, etc... What is so special about Liu Yi Fei?? But opinions vary anyway...
    I have to say, Its in her eyes. It draws you in. Those ppl u listed, shui ling, echo, they are all pretty, However, very forgetful. All pretty faces but nothing to hold your attention and 10 seconds later, u forget what they look like. Just my opinion.

You and I have different taste... I personally think the stars that I listed are all memorable while LYF is the one that is forgettable. I think that she is pretty at first, but the more I look at her, the more it fades and fades..... until I forget how she looks. But that's just my opinion. Also, she can't survive in the entertainment world with looks alone.... If she can't give any memorable performances, the audience will forget her sooner or later.Especially when she starts to get physically old....
    Last edited by Trinie; 04-01-04 at 03:14 AM.

i think that would take long time. there are tons of untalented celebrities today and they are very famous, they are mostly in their 20s, i can say they are the ones who are in "danger" of forgetten by the people. but Liu Yi fei is only 16 now, after 10 years she will still be 26, that's still very young and she's will pretty still, also have fans too, cuz look at all the celebrities with no talent that are in their 20s, they are very famous and have tons of fans. i think in 10 years she can improve acting.

It's true... but there are lots of stars that are pretty and aren't that old right now as well that are being forgotten... I think it is also based on luck and timing as well. I think acting is a natural skill... Some people can act for years and years and still not be as good as someone who just started. In 10 years, she will be 27 or so, but in 20 years, she will be 37... her looks will not last forever....

wasn't liu yi fei in a series before tian Long Ba Bu? i heard that she was in another series before that.. but i don't know the name.

Yes, she was.. I think it was The Story of the Noble Family. I heard her acting wasn't too good.... Let's see how high she can climb. That is one sad thing about being in the circle, the higher you climb, the more it hurts when you fall.... This applies to everyone in the circle.

oh yea that series.. about some rich family. she didnt' get famous after that... the series didn't get famous either. i asked most ppl and they don't know about it. she's lucky the producer picked her for Tian Long, cuz she got famous after this.

i think this is the capture from that series.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://asianstudios.net/forum/uploads/post-67-1080808792.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://asianstudios.net/forum/uploads/post-36-1077756213.jpg')
    Last edited by Ding Dang; 04-01-04 at 05:50 AM.

Thanks for the capture! That's the right one! I heard that it is a remake of the classic series, Yesterday's Glitter with Liza Wang and Damian Lau. I am not sure if it is a remake that series or not, but the stories are really similar...

Yea, that's what I meant when I said that she got lucky. If she wasn't chosen for TLBB, I wonder where she would be right now. I don't think anyone would have known about her or even cared regardless of how she looks. There are many other stars with great looks and talent, but they just didn't get lucky like she and a number of other artists did(like Vicki and Ruby).

Actually I think that Liu Yi fei looks like a chubbier version of Jolin Tsai. (if you look at the 2 pictures posted just above, she actually looks abit like jolin, even though her face is much rounder) Btw, I'm not kidding about my friend, after all she was a teen model, and I hear other people comparing her looks to Jolin before, however, I don't have any pictures of her on my computer here.

Though I think that she has a common face in modern dress, I still believe that liu yi fei has alot of ancient beauty suitable for ancient drama(despite her mediocre acting skills, I still thought that she may make a good xiao long nu), but she falls flat in the modern scene.

And trinie, of the list that you listed, I will say that it's my humble opinion that only probably 2 or 3 of them looks better than liu yi fei. that is shui ling and hu jing.

Shu chang is pretty but she is not beautiful, her face shape is actually rather long compared to her features, I don't think echo is that beautiful, and I actually never thought of cecilia cheung as beautiful at all. but as you said, people's opinions differ.

and about stars with talent and looks, I doubt it's that simple, it's more so the x-factor + audience rapport that matters. There are really many beautiful actresses out there that never made it despite acting in lead roles, I doubt it's less so they are not beautiful, after all that is in the eye of the beholder, but how well they can draw the audience.

However, all that above is just my opinion on things, and I try to state both what is good and bad about liu yi fei's looks; just trying to be objective there.

jolin? i think jolin has a rounder face. also jolin is ugly too me, teeth too big, eyes too big, nose too big, look like a weirdo. i think LIu Yi fei is much prettier.