Page 5 of 348 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Liu Yi Fei

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    That means she is only 17! My gosh! She and Huang Xiao Ming are exactly 10 years apart! He is born on 7 Nov 1977....wow!
    Actually, HXM's birthday is November 13, 1977. But yeah, they are 10 years apart in age. They still look pretty compatible together from the ROCH pics, though.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I thot I saw a site that said 7 Nov. Anyway, thks for correcting!

Her birthday is August 25, 1987
    Really??? She is only 17. Wow, so young . I thought she was young, maybe around 21 but not 17. Is she really playing Xiao Long Nu? I can't imagine her playing that role. She couldn't really pull of WYY in DGSD and XLN is a similar character, I wonder if she can pull the role off. Besides she looks rather young to be XLN, I mean she doesn't have that mature and beautiful look like the character is described to be.
    Last edited by botan; 11-24-04 at 01:19 AM.

In the other forums her birth year was 1986. it means she's 18. What's the real year anyway, is it 1986 0r 87?? she's really pretty and as I was saying in the other forum, it is good that nie yuan was not chosen to play yan guo's role because I would be jealous I've heard that she can't act...is that true???
    you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore nie yuan

er... please don't flame me but i think the only one that really carried XLN's character good was the one who played with Andy Lau's version...

but LYF is very pretty haha.. but i think she looks better in ancient costume... saw one of her modern show and she doesn't look as pretty but i'll like to see her play other sorta character... erm more lively ones rather than the demure type

for some reasons, a lot of the chinese stars are like that..they look really great in ancient costumes but do not look as outstanding in modern dramas...like how I feel about Huang Xiao Ming too...great as the emperor and in Liao zhai but modern shots..I am not so impressed...

well, maybe it's just that we have different concepts of beauty. This is probably why most of us find her pretty and many find her typical looking. let's say in our country, a beauty like hers is rare for most (beautiful actresses)in here are spanish or american "mestizas" that is why Liu Yi Fei is beautiful because her beauty is not common. However, (please do not hate me for saying this) some chinese stars that are so thin are not pretty to us because we prefer curves ......It's hard to explain but my point is: we all have different concepts of beauty.

As for her acting, we all have the same concept of a good actress so I think that is why most agree that she can't act.
    Last edited by spotneck; 11-25-04 at 04:51 AM.
    you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore nie yuan

Quote Originally Posted by spotneck
    In the other forums her birth year was 1986. it means she's 18. What's the real year anyway, is it 1986 0r 87??
    I think ent.tom.com made a mistake and her birth year is indeed 1986 because in a somewhat recent interview, the reporter said that LYF had just turned 18.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I do agree that she is pretty but not extremely beautiful. She looks great in ancient costumes though. I just hope her acting has improved and will portray the character XLN well.

Quote Originally Posted by rourou
    er... please don't flame me but i think the only one that really carried XLN's character good was the one who played with Andy Lau's version...
    I thought Idy Chan did a great job but I also like Carmen Lee's portrayal as well. They were both great as WYY too. Too bad they can't cast Carmen as XLN again.
    Last edited by botan; 12-01-04 at 07:26 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.zgjrw.com/news/2004123/main/pic/2004-12-391128-1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www1.gz163.cn/starpic/2004/0826/lyf7.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.tom.com/images/zhuanti/liuyifei/d/23.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.tom.com/images/zhuanti/liuyifei/d/21.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

i love her in tlbb. but i think she's too pretty and too young with jimmy lin. jimmy's face is too wrinkled. lyf looks really fresh in those pic. i hope she'll have a great series and will have a younger partner as fresh, young and hot as her.

her acting is weak , i must admit but at her age, she can't act with roles that is too conflicating.

She really bears a striking resemblance to Cecilia Cheung.......

I mentioned in an earlier post that maybe sparks would fly bet Huang Xiao Ming and her in LOCH but someone said HXM is attached already so no chance of that happening. Thanks to Chaule, we know that HXM is now single..so maybe sparks will fly bet them..sure the age diff of 9 years is great..but still..there's no stopping attraction!

go check out Eva Huang Sheng yi's thread....it was suggested that she could play Xiao Long nu too..what do you think?
    Last edited by strawberry; 12-23-04 at 05:46 AM.

WOW ...she's really pretty !!
    is she really 15 or 16 year old ??? that wat i heard. or wat is real age ??

Liu Yi Fei is 18 years old this year.

Banned

Why is in her website www.liuyifei.net
    say she born in 1987?
    if that is the true, then she still 17, she not turning 18 until August 2005, unless she born in 86, but that site say she born in 87

Firstly, I'm a guy.

About Liu Yifei: she is pretty, but IMO, it's not a very special type of pretty... She is like a plain, boring version of Cecilia Cheung.

She does look very mature for her age, and again she is very attractive for a 17-year old, but I personally don't find her "HOT" or "SEXY" or whatever... And I don't understand how people would feel that way about her. I just don't see it.

I mean, she is just another pretty girl with baby fat chubby cheeks and a child figure, isn't she? I have seen dozens of pretty girls like her in Mainland China.

BUT: she does have this very cute and sweet look, it makes her seem very innocent and friendly. I guess that's what makes her stand out from the regular crowd.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

Just lacking in acting skill which could be improve as she gains more experience through filming more series... still young, so there are still alot more of chance...

I do prefer her in ancient costume than in modern series...

Look especially beautiful at a certain angle... still beautiful from other angles, but not up to the drop-dead gorgeous kind...

Keen to watch her in ROCH...
    ~~** Eagerly waiting for Healing Hands 3 **~~

some pics of her:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/pwl97/liuyifei_2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/pwl97/liuyifei_4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/pwl97/liuyifei.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/pwl97/liuyifei_5_mod.jpg')
    ~~** Eagerly waiting for Healing Hands 3 **~~

she is indeed very beautiful in these pix that are posted. however, on screen she is less attractive (compare pics from tlbb to the series, you'll know what i mean). very photogenic but only okay on moving camera. and i agree with lav, she's neither sexy nor hot. but she is pretty...especially in pix, but not good looking enough to be sln. and cecilia cheung is prettier.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    Firstly, I'm a guy.

About Liu Yifei: she is pretty, but IMO, it's not a very special type of pretty... She is like a plain, boring version of Cecilia Cheung.

She does look very mature for her age, and again she is very attractive for a 17-year old, but I personally don't find her "HOT" or "SEXY" or whatever... And I don't understand how people would feel that way about her. I just don't see it.

I mean, she is just another pretty girl with baby fat chubby cheeks and a child figure, isn't she? I have seen dozens of pretty girls like her in Mainland China.

BUT: she does have this very cute and sweet look, it makes her seem very innocent and friendly. I guess that's what makes her stand out from the regular crowd.
    Hahaha Laviathan bro, let me join you too since am a guy also. First of all, she no where pretty and too immature for me. Talking about gorgeous, she NO WHERE, let me RESTATE, NO WHERE compare to 1) Michelle Reis, and let me say, 1000000000000000000000000000000000 guys in this world agree with my statement OK, she no where compare to Michelle Reis. 2) Idy Chan, 3) Carman Lee, 4) Kitty Lai, 5) Kristy Yang. That just to name a few, my list can go on forever.
    And stop being bias and say only girls don't think she HOT, well am a guy too, I DON'T find she HOT NEITHER. Well, since this is her thread, no need for me to go on, but if you guys keep say she HOT, let have a contest, you post a Pic of her, I post a Pic of Michelle Reis, then we let the WHOLE WORLD JUDGE, then see who win.
    Liu Yi Fei is nothing, just a plain girl, and am sure, her success won't be forever neither. There plenty of pretty girls in China, especially with a country with a population of more then one billion, there plenty of other girls prettier then her.