Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bernice Liu

Default Bernice Liu - Is she mixed?

I've always wondered if she was fully Chinese or mixed.

At the start when she first came out, she seemed to be of mixed blood to me, but the more I watch her in serials over the years, the more I find she looks pure Chinese but may have some mixed blood somewhere along the lines. For one, I think if anthing, she may have some Manchu blood as she looks much taller and bigger boned than the average Chinese girl.

If she's fully Chinese where are her origins from? I'm pretty curious.

Quote Originally Posted by harhar
    I've always wondered if she was fully Chinese or mixed.

At the start when she first came out, she seemed to be of mixed blood to me, but the more I watch her in serials over the years, the more I find she looks pure Chinese but may have some mixed blood somewhere along the lines. For one, I think if anthing, she may have some Manchu blood as she looks much taller and bigger boned than the average Chinese girl.

If she's fully Chinese where are her origins from? I'm pretty curious.
    She is born in British Columbia in 1979. That is why she speaks excellent English. Doesn't mean when she is tall, she has to be a mixed! Don't forget, she is Miss Chinese International and usually beauty pageants are pretty tall.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

I think Bernice is 100% chinese. It doesn't surprise me anymore that chinese actresses and actors speak perfect english. Because alot of them do now like Myolie, Michelle Ye and many more.

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas
    She is born in British Columbia in 1979. That is why she speaks excellent English. Doesn't mean when she is tall, she has to be a mixed! Don't forget, she is Miss Chinese International and usually beauty pageants are pretty tall.
    I didn't know she was a Miss Chinese International and a Canadian too! I guess I'm not up with all the pageants, even though I did watch them for a while when I was younger, I forgot.
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

I never metioned anything about speaking English.

The height issue...well a lot of HK actresses are relatively tall ( I mean the local ones) ...e.g. Halina Tam, Gigi Leung, Lee San San, Rain Li, Sharon Chan, Ada Choi, Patricia Liu, all to name a few. All are listed as 170cm+.

It's just that Bernice doesn't look "typically" Chinese in some photos, seems like a bit mixed. If so, I think her mixed heritage would have been well higher up in the family tree, perhaps her maternal grandmother or something. It's just like Edison Chen, one look and you can tell he isn't "pure" Chinese.

Default re

edison chen is mixed? How so? I never knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by cbale456
    edison chen is mixed? How so? I never knew that.
    me too....I thot Edison is pure Chinese....

Yes, apparently Edison has some Caucasian blood (I think) in him. He really doesn't look pure Chinese.

I think this topic was raised not JUST because of Bernice's height. harhar also mentioned Bernice's bone structure. Yes, most girls who took part in beauty pageants are all tall, so that's not too unusual. But it can't be denied that Bernice has fairly "non-Chinese" features in that her shoulders are broad and she's just not as scrawny as other HK girls are. I think that's probably where the question arises from.

But no, I don't think Bernice is mixed. She does have very "white" physical and personality features though (the personality part, I'm sure, coming from the fact that she grew up in Canada).
    I *heart*...
    [xy] Ron Ng, Moses Chan, Julian Cheung, Michael Tao, Kevin Cheng, Bosco Wong
    [xx] Tavia Yeung, Maggie Cheung, Flora Chan, Ada Choi, Kenix Kwok, Jessica Hsuan, Leila Tong

Bernice i think is pure chinese. she was a beuty peagent so no doubt about her being tall. she gave me the feeling that she isn't pure chinese. but somehow or other...i still think she is chinese...one...because she is fair, two i think she can speak fluent cantonese...not like others who are mixed.
    Lam Fung is the best!! I love him!!!

Desperate to watch: Twin of Brothers, Lost in the Chamber of Love and The Last Breakthrough

Go read my fanfic at www.winglin.net/fanfic/TVBfan !!!

Bernice is the winner on Miss Chinese International in 2001 representing Vancouver, BC.

I never metioned anything about speaking English.
    I know you did not but just my compliment on Bernice's English which is precise unlike other beauty pageants who are mixed and yet their English are hard to understand eg: Victoria Jolly (if anyone remembers her in Not Just A Pretty Face).

I know you did not but just my compliment on Bernice's English which is precise unlike other beauty pageants who are mixed and yet their English are hard to understand eg: Victoria Jolly (if anyone remembers her in Not Just A Pretty Face).
    yes me! i remembered her character in NJAPF....her cantonese was terrible...it was really hard to understand....her english wasn't that bad...
    Lam Fung is the best!! I love him!!!

Desperate to watch: Twin of Brothers, Lost in the Chamber of Love and The Last Breakthrough

Go read my fanfic at www.winglin.net/fanfic/TVBfan !!!

I was a bit surprised on Victoria Jolly winning Miss Popularity and 1st runner-up in MHK 2002!

Bernice has a very sweet smile tho I have not seen any of her TVB series.

......she may have some Manchu blood as she looks much taller and bigger boned than the average Chinese girl...
    Haha! That could mean I've got Manchurian blood in me as well!

Seriously, her physical appearance could be her diet. A person who has been brought up on mostly western food, plenty of dairy products etc, have a high possibility of growing tall and not-so-scrawny. She might also have a tall parent and another big boned parent.
    "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you want."

alllll right, BC REPRESENT!

i don't think she's mixed. she looks 100% chinese to me.
    一切的一切

she could also be of Shanghainese or some other northern Chinese origin because northern Chinese are known to be relatively tall and bigger boned than those of the south, who tend to be petite.

she could have some mongolian in her! "chinese" people are just a mix of a ton different people in that general area anyways.

i dont' like Bernice b4 ..but after watching '' Love Bond '' omg..i love her soo much !! hehehe i gotta agree she great actress and who can act nowaday.
    anyone know is she doing any new series ?? or any series wit Moses Chan again ?? i think they cute together in Love Bond.

i think in TVB, Bernice got the best body figure and if u look in her pics ....she look healthy all the times !!! not skinny and fat ..but in between
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/PucCaa/BerniceLiu1.bmp')
    Last edited by PucCaa; 07-02-05 at 11:04 PM.