Thread: Wong Seung and Dook Goo Kau Bai: heroic, evil, or amoral?

Default Wong Seung and Dook Goo Kau Bai: heroic, evil, or amoral?

Wong Seung and Dook Goo Kau Bai were two mysterious figures of the post-DGSD/pre-LOCH era who created very powerful martial arts (the 9 Yum Jen Ging and the various Dook Goo Sword Techniques) that would greatly affect the martial arts development of the CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY characters. We know that Wong Seung and Dook Goo Kau Bai were great martial artists (likely better than any of the TRILOGY's Greats), but what were their personalities like? Were they heroes that used their great martial arts skills to protect the innocent and uphold justice? Were they evil men who used their martial arts for selfish and cruel purposes? Were they amoral men who simply indulged their love of martial arts with no thought towards the morality of their actions?

Wong Seung did not seem to be an evil man. That being said, he did have a vicious streak. He created the 9 Yum Jen Ging to destroy the members of the Ming Cult who had murdered his family. On the other hand, when he saw that his enemies had been reduced to one helpless old woman, he took pity on her and spared her life (even took care of her during her old age), showing that he was compassionate. Wong Seung seemed basically moral, but he was not a hero in the way that Gwok Jing, Yeung Gor, or Cheung Mo Gei were.

Dook Goo Kau Bai is even more difficult to figure out because we have very little biographical data on him. Apparently, he once wounded an innocent man (whom some have speculated was none other than Wong Seung himself), and was said to have felt remorse over this for the remainder of his life. This shows that Dook Goo Kau Bai had a sense of compassion and fair play; he was also a basically moral man. But was he a hero? Did he fight all those opponents he defeated because they were evil and he believed he needed to bring them to justice? Or did he fight ANYONE regardless of their morality, simply for the challenge of the fight and with no thought to whether his opponent was a noble hero or a despicable villain?

The word is probably eccentric.

Closest match might be WYS.

He defeated heores as well as villians so i think he spent his life challengin all.

Originally posted by -NSX-
    I think the man he wounded was no other than sweeper monk himself.
    The Sweeper Monk would be gone already due to old age before DGQB's era. However, by the time DGQB was *born* (read: created by Jin Yong), the Sweeper was not yet *born* simply because DGSD was written after ROCH, not before.

If it were Sweeper Monk, the wounded person could have been DGKB.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

If Huang Shang was anywhere Yue Fei's time, I'd say he be leading the Song armies against the Jins with him.

Was DGKB a nickname or real name cause y would u name ur sone somethin like that?
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Originally posted by kamii
    Was DGKB a nickname or real name cause y would u name ur sone somethin like that?
    Not mentioned, but I'll say that it's a nickname.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

yea, must be

In Chapter 23 of SDXL, DGQB makes a clear distinction between good and evil in his grave-side tomb. He states that he killed all of his 'villainous foes' and defeated all 'heroic champions'.

oo