Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: did sweeper monk get killed?

Default did sweeper monk get killed?

in the 80s version, sweeper monk was killed by MY's dad and the evil monk. Was that how it happened in the novel?

did MY's dad turn bad?

did the movie butcher the story?

It did not happen in the novel. Not in the first edition of the novel which I read, and most likely not in the second edition as well. As much as I like that adaptation series, it was not faithful to the novel.

The 80's version of DGSD was incredibly messed up.

Originally posted by ChronoReverse
    The 80's version of DGSD was incredibly messed up.
    Mostly in the final one-third of the series. The first two-thirds of the series was reasonably accurate, but after that, everything started going askew (not that it wasn't unentertaining, but accurate it was not).

The Janitor Monk didn't die. It would take an incredible combination of force and skill (more than Mo Yung Bok and Kau Mor Tze could ever offer) to kill him. He convinced Mo Yung Bok and Siu Yeun San to renounce violence and become Buddhists, and that's where they stayed.

Excuse my ignorance but wat is DGSD again?

Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

To kamii, here is a thread containing the acronyms we often use here in the Wuxia Forum. Hope this help:
    Glossary and Terms and Definitions

Wah DGSD!! Hehe thx crazyT, rabidi
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Originally posted by Ken Cheng

The Janitor Monk didn't die. It would take an incredible combination of force and skill (more than Mo Yung Bok and Kau Mor Tze could ever offer) to kill him.
    Nah, 3 direct hits from HongLong 18 Palms will kill him. First hit to make him cough out blood, 2nd hit to injure him more, and last hit to send him to the western skies. IF he agreed to stand still and not use the Divine Protection?(the same skill Kong Jian used).

Janitor monk isn't a god. Just because he dishes out, doesn't mean he can take the same amount of damage.

Originally posted by SkineePanda
    Nah, 3 direct hits from HongLong 18 Palms will kill him. First hit to make him cough out blood, 2nd hit to injure him more, and last hit to send him to the western skies. IF he agreed to stand still and not use the Divine Protection?(the same skill Kong Jian used).

Janitor monk isn't a god. Just because he dishes out, doesn't mean he can take the same amount of damage.
    i really doubt that. the hit made him cough out blood but he just went on talking like everything is fine, didn't even have to sit down or take a breather.
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Start

Originally posted by SkineePanda

I agree that even the Janitor Monk has his limits, but it'll take a heck of a whole lot more than plain ol' Hong Lung 18 Palms to do it. Basically, I think every other Superelite fighter from DGSD would have to gang up on him, and even then, I only give them a 50/50 chance at best.

Originally posted by -NSX-
    Not even a plain old Hong Lung 18 Palms in his face?
    Maybe the person can manage to leave a red mark.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    I agree that even the Janitor Monk has his limits, but it'll take a heck of a whole lot more than plain ol' Hong Lung 18 Palms to do it. Basically, I think every other Superelite fighter from DGSD would have to gang up on him, and even then, I only give them a 50/50 chance at best.

i think that's a little overexaggerating it
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

It may not be an exaggeration. MRB was only like a rookie to him. Just a gentle tap, and that's it. Even if they gang up on him, he might not neccesarily lose.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

He killed MRB and XYS with greater ease then Xiao Feng thrashing people at Ju Xian Manor.

So it _could_ take at least 300 superhuman fighters like MRB and XYS to do to sweeper monk the kind of injuries Xiao Feng suffered at Ju Xian Juang.

I don't think it'd be that hard to kill the Sweeper Monk.

All it'd take would be 4-7 elite swordsmen; no JY character has shown any ability to bounce off swords. Fists, sure, but not swords. If you poke the monk, he'd bleed like everyone else.

I'd say 2 pairs of YG+XL using the jade sword (4 people total) would be enough to kill the monk.

Okay, maybe more. . .

I'd say it'd take only 5 LHC at the end of SOD to kill the monk. 5 DG9J backed by YJJ, I don't think even the monk can avoid all 5 swords and if he can't avoid them, he'd be a kebob.

Assuming that he is human, as shown when Kiu Fung shattered his rib-cage with his 18 Subdueing Dragon Palms. Wouldn't there be a possibility of him being paralysed if Siu Fung or anyone else could break off all his bones? After all, flesh and bone is what makes us exist. But with that in mind, someone's gotta hold him dead still to allow Kiu Fung to make those hits. Let's see...Captain GinYu with his Full-Nelson would be our man.

Originally posted by Battosai
    I don't think it'd be that hard to kill the Sweeper Monk.

All it'd take would be 4-7 elite swordsmen; no JY character has shown any ability to bounce off swords. Fists, sure, but not swords. If you poke the monk, he'd bleed like everyone else.

I'd say 2 pairs of YG+XL using the jade sword (4 people total) would be enough to kill the monk.

Okay, maybe more. . .

I'd say it'd take only 5 LHC at the end of SOD to kill the monk. 5 DG9J backed by YJJ, I don't think even the monk can avoid all 5 swords and if he can't avoid them, he'd be a kebob.
    What happens if Sweeper Monk decides to shoot out chi? Any blast from him can take out 5 LWC anyday.

Originally posted by Hanky Panky
    Assuming that he is human, as shown when Kiu Fung shattered his rib-cage with his 18 Subdueing Dragon Palms. Wouldn't there be a possibility of him being paralysed if Siu Fung or anyone else could break off all his bones? After all, flesh and bone is what makes us exist. But with that in mind, someone's gotta hold him dead still to allow Kiu Fung to make those hits. Let's see...Captain GinYu with his Full-Nelson would be our man.
    when did Xiao Feng fight Janitor Monk? Why? It wasn't in the movie....

i think the monk is great, but i think he have his limits.
    i dont think 300 elites is need to take him. after all he is still old. he will run out of energy. and once that happens any elite can stomp on him.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]