Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Detective Investigation Files I-IV 《刑事偵緝檔案I-IV》

Yeah, I think he would have to be, since the sister is supposed to only still be a teenager. The brother has traveled to so many different places already. It's funny how there was no mention of this other sibling in part II. He wasn't even at Da Yong's wedding. In fact, it's always funny how random relatives of the characters just pop out of nowhere to make the cases more personal and coincidental.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

well that's why you call it a movie
    you know what i found most funny? it is whenever the characters are 'surprised' of some things that happen in their lives, and say, 'whoa, it's like in the movies' or 'do you think it happen in real lives? it only happens in movies!' im like, aren't you all movie people? just amusing....
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Yeah, that is amusing. They have to make it seem real and yet it's still so obvious that stuff like that only happens on the screen.

Poor Zhong Yi! Why does such a nice guy like him have to have the absolute worst luck with women? I remember in part I, he liked a murderer and here in part III, it's almost like deja vu. I was surprised there was no reference to part I and they made it out to be like this was the first time Zhong Yi had possibly fallen in love with the major suspect and eventual guilty party.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

yes, i noticed that too. he really has no luck with women. you see, in part 1, he fell in love with ke er (2nd case suspect if im not mistaken), then in part 2, his wife became the victim. then in part 3, another murderer.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Yeah, diffinately pity Zhong Yi's character. Poor guy, seriously has the worst luck there is. Oh, just continue watching. There is more to his love interest..... Same thing repeatedly poor guy

Lady Zhuge, your getting closer to the case that I was referring to earlier!!! Just keep going now
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

you know one thing that im grateful of this whole dif trilogy? it's that they didn't change the main casts! i think the series would not be that great if they killed off kenix, david, or zhong yi.
    cherrie

Yeah, I basically know what happens in the end with Zhong Yi's upcoming new love interest. Too bad. He really deserves a nice, steady, and enduring relationship.

I would be sooo pissed if they killed off Da Yong or Zhong Yi. Gao Jie I don't like nearly as much in this third part, but she's certainly one of the pillars of this trilogy as well.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Diffinately agree. I would be outraged if either Micheal (Da Yong) or Joey (Zhong Yi) were killed off. They already killed off Louisa so would be annoyed if anyone else was taken out!!!

Same, Kenix's character just isn't the same as she was in the 3rd one. I didn't like her as much there. Hmmm..well since she played as two characters in the 3rd part and one of them was killed, she did sorta die hehe
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

Haha yeah, that's true. I think the main reason I dislike Gao Jie in the third part is the bad Mandarin dub. It just proves that a voice can make all the difference. Too bad that Kenix look-alike and her lover didn't commit their crimes in HK. Unlike in mainland China, I don't think there's a death penalty in HK. That just reminds me. I think Patrick Tam looks better in modern clothing than in ancient. He didn't impress me at all as Kang Xi in DoMD 2000, but I thought he was kind of cute in DIF III in his short stint as the doctor who fell for the Gao Jie look-alike.

Oh yeah, I just thought of something else. Whatever happened to that bar that Zhong Yi, Jin Zhi, Da Yong, Gao Jie, and some other dude all owned together? Did that just go by the wayside along with Zhong Yi's potential love story with Sammi Cheng after the end of part II? Gao Jie's aunt in part III reminds me a lot of Louisa's character Jin Zhi. They are both kind of annoying, have big mouths, and open up restaurants. I wonder if the same person did both voices too, perhaps?
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 06-18-04 at 01:23 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Ah yes, I agree. I've only seen Patrick Tam in one ancient serie (Dark Tales 2) and he didn't have too much time, but still. Didn't look too flattering, then again that was quite a whiles back. I diffinately perfer him in modern series. He looked very nice in Seed of Hope and Flaming Brothers, while wearing those suits. Then again casual clothing works well too

Hehe, you know what? When I first rented DIF3, I hated watching that first case with the Kenix look alike and Patrick Tam. But then a few years later I re-watched DIF2 and then was really curious again on the beginning of the 3rd part. So began watching and that is when I liked the case, hehe. I pity Patrick and the Kenix look alike. Poor couple...

Hehe, I didn't even think about the bar!! Good thing you brought it up. Eh, I guess thats just what happened then. I don't think there was any mention of the "ending" to the bar in the 3rd part......

Lol, yeah. They do sorta resemble one another huh? I think her aunt is quite amusing. Espically how she keeps trying to make herself look young and all that. Oh, uncle Chi and her are an amusing pair...
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

I like how the made Patrick's and the Gao Jie look-alike's relationship parallel Da Yong's and Gao Jie's. They kept cutting back and forth between the peaceful plane ride back to HK from Beijing to the tragic ending of the former couple. Both duos shared a deep love, and yet the outcomes were so different.

Well, maybe the bar just "died" along with Louisa's character. I guess loopholes like that can either be looked at as a weak aspect of the series or as a plus. What I mean by that is that by not connecting and continuing everything, newcomers can really choose to watch any part of the trilogy and not be totally lost without having seen the other parts.

At first I thought the Tian cop (maybe you know him as uncle Chi?) was a real jerk. He is constantly smoking, has something up his nostril a lot, and was so rude when Da Yong tried to shake his hand as a polite gesture. However, I like his character now. I also recognize the actor as a rather minor character in the old classic The Bund. Indeed he does make a funny couple with Gao Jie's aunt in DIF III. I hope they end up together. They deserve one another.
    Oh yeah. I was also wondering. Why did Zhong Yi and Da Yong change districts? I kind of miss Madam and her fiesty personality and some of the other minor cops I got used to seeing as well.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 06-18-04 at 09:01 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I don't like the Gao Jie look-alike case. It stretched beyond my beliefs. How can someone looks exactly like another person and have the same voice as that person? They are not identical twins. Even many identical twins do not look 100% alike.

Very willing suspension of disbelief? Yeah, having two people who look and sound exactly alike is obviously very hard to believe, but they had to do that to trick the audience as well as the characters on screen. Otherwise, if we could tell that they were different people from the very beginning, the case would not be nearly as intriguing. That's just my opinion any way.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

you said my thoughts convoy. i don't like that case too. it's so unrealistic.
    i can't quite remember gao jie's aunt. is it played by lo kwan lan? the actress who played as empress wu in whatever it takes?
    yes i agree. patrick tam certainly looks better in modern clothings than ancient. i've seen him in ancient clothing in swordsman lai bo yee and the movie duel. but so far, he's much better in flaming brothers, to where he belongs, and seed of hope.
    cherrie

Originally posted by cherrie
    i can't quite remember gao jie's aunt. is it played by lo kwan lan? the actress who played as empress wu in whatever it takes?
    yes, that's she.

oh, i like her! i think the cop she ends up with was liaw chi ch? yes i think that's him
    cherrie

I'm now up to the part where Da Yong and the gang have figured out who killed Zhang Ri Fei. Da Yong has just charged into the apartment and Zhong Yi and Si Long see an explosion from below! This part is very suspenseful. Ri Fei's videotape was sooooooooo sad. What a tragedy for him to be that misunderstood by everyone and they all realize it too late.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

This case was very tragic. It all happened due to a simple misunderstanding, and it destroyed 5 lives in the process. There is a 6th live that were destroyed as well, but he deserved it.

i can't actually remember who else were harmed by this case. but i do remember crying when ri fei died
    cherrie

Ah Fei, Jessie's boss and his wife, the office boy, the flower shop owner, and the bastard who raped and blackmailed the wife of Jessie's boss.