Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Detective Investigation Files I-IV 《刑事偵緝檔案I-IV》

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

I think I need to go watch the first 3 Detective Investigation Files. in order to join in the conversation.

Anyway, is there a combination of the ending in IV?
    if there was, that would mean there is 3 endings for IV. or not.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

My rental shop doesn't have DIF 1-3, I would have to buy them in Chinatown in able to see them, are the series really worth it for me to buy?
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

going by some of the comments here about 1-3. I think it is a worthwhile rental/buy.

but need a recommendation first from those who have seen them

Thanks for the url for the bar ending, cherie, but I think I agree with Goddess and KJLS when I say I prefer the ending with Sunny at San San's grave. I'd feel emotionally cheated if Sunny could get over San San's death so quickly to consider another romance. Besides, if he did, the person most suitable for him would've been Charmaine. I rather like the idea of Jessica and Sunny together (payback for Louis, haha) but it wouldn't work for me here.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

going by Sunny's character, I doubt he will get over San San's death in so short period of time. I think he will probably not even forget it at all.

I think the ending where he was visiting his wife's grave is better than the bar one.

Originally posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    going by some of the comments here about 1-3. I think it is a worthwhile rental/buy.

but need a recommendation first from those who have seen them
    Definitely worth watching. My favourite part is Part 2. Then Part 1 and 3.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

Originally posted by Lingz13
    Definitely worth watching. My favourite part is Part 2. Then Part 1 and 3.
    I concur! Mine is also 2, 1, 3 in that order

Yeah! Great minds think alike.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

huhuhuhuh........

Where can I find 1 and 2 in VCD form. I don't want to go rent magnetic tapes.

goddess: add that to our similarity list. that's also the case that i find very good! one of my faves actually i can't remember the other cases, but this is definitely included! i like evergreen there. wished i had a brother like that
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Hey there everyone I am very lucky since I have DIF 1 - 3 on tapes....just need part 4 now, hehe. Anyways part 1 has only 15 tapes in viet so I'm guessing 20 chinese eps. Then part 3 has 30 viet tapes so 40 chinese eps? I'm not sure about part 2 anymore...but I do think it is also 30 tapes so 40 eps.

Hope all of you guys who hven't seen it, will get a chance later on!!! Very good. Try to watch the serial in order too so it won't ruin the earlier storylines

I know what you guys mean about Sunny and San San. I really don't like TVB giving viewers the idea that Sunny has moved on. Yeah, everyone has to move on, but I want more grieving from him!!! I actually didn't even want SanSan to die. They were cute together....

Hehe, yeah. Seems like whenever we have a difference, a similarity always pops up Anyways another case in part 2 that I liiked was between the mother and her child. She suicided, but made it look like a murder to get the insurance money for her daughter. I thought it was quite touching. Even better was when Micheal found out the truth, he didn't report it I don't think. Or did he? Must re-watch sometime.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

Actually, I've seen one of the other DIF series besides DIF4 (forgot which one but I think it was the 1st), but at that time there was no subs so I kinda juggled through it trying to figure what the conversations meant. Then I watched DIF4 and it overshadowed my memory of the other DIF serie that I watched he..he.. and also because I think that DIF4 was like a story of its own.

So you don't remember anything about the other DIF part you saw?

Anyways I'ld agree. I thought that DIF4 was its own serial. It didn't need to be titled as a part of DIF at all. Since the whole casting was different and there wasn't even a mention of any of the previous characters. It could have gone out on its own. I think that would have been a better idea too.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

Agree with you goddess.
    Still don't understand why it is called DIF 4. The storyline has nothing similar and the characters are all different so probably it's a publicity stunt?
    But it's not like they need all that publicity, they've got all the big names acting in it.

I wonder.........
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

maybe they ran out of titles to use.
    :0

Originally posted by MeMyselfandI2000
    Agree with you goddess.
    Still don't understand why it is called DIF 4. The storyline has nothing similar and the characters are all different so probably it's a publicity stunt?
    But it's not like they need all that publicity, they've got all the big names acting in it.

I wonder.........
    well it was a police series, thus the detective bit.
    then it was also about investigations, thus the investigation bit.
    and it was a series about it all, thus detective investigation files.

the producers were probably too lazy to think up another name, plus giving it the same name allows it to ride on the popularity of the previous DIFs.
    "The who having wha with huh?"

Publicity ey?

Man, I just finished rewatching this series and it was great. Sum Yee's death was somehow..quite touching. I can tell ya', rewatching a series like that can make you notice stuff that you have not noticed the first time you watched it. Like the expression on Louis's face at the ending bar scene.
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

goddess, r u talking abt the case when they found clue on the death by looking into a door panel? i think there's a cut there or something? the very first case in dif1, the chop-chop lady, as much as it disgusted me (esp when they found the chopped finger) i actually liked it i kept on laughing when zhong yi threw up and michael still kept on talking abt the case when they were eating in the caf all those blood and hair talks i also like how the killer in one case killed her sister. the one who was in the sawing machine...something with the thread...remember that case? very clever!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I think these series are on my next buying list, I was about to buy it but then I saw Cold Blood Warm Heart and I hesitated, gotta have to choose coz I was short of cash, I ended up buying CBWH.

Hi Hi cherrie Yeah, thats the one I'm talking about with the whole door. Yeah, there was cuts from a butcher knife on it and that clue sorta lead them the wrong way....

Gosh, I know what you mean!!! I started watching DIF1 at night and when I first popped it in, the very first case just had to be scary....Wasn't exactly all that scary, but like you said, very disgusting. A memorable case though. Anyways I thought that was sooo funny too. Hehe, it was quite nice to see Micheal and Joey bond during that serial

Oh, that case with the sawing machine your talking about, that was in part 2 right? Yeah, I remember. It was very clever!!! I never really suspected her. Wasn't she also having an affair with her sister's husband?

Hehe, sooooooooo many good cases to talk about!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.