Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Detective Investigation Files I-IV 《刑事偵緝檔案I-IV》

Originally posted by cherrie
    could it be that sunny still love charmaine till the end? but i feel really sorry for lee san san.
    It's not difficult to tell that Sunny still loved Charmaine even though he was with San San. There have been several hints in the serial.

As for Louis choosing Anne over Jessica, I rather think now that it's better for her. Jessica deserves someone who loves her wholeheartedly instead of staying with Louis, who would just take his anger out on her with complete disregard for her feelings. I'm tired of his inability to put the memories of Anne aside, and he's never even tried doing so during his relationship with Jessica. So he and Anne are welcome to each other.

I like the character of Tsui Fei, but sometimes, enough is enough.
    玉木宏

blog

At the end, don't we, the viewer, see Sunny at the bar laughing away with Jessica, hinting they could be going out and more then just good friends... and in the wide angle Louis looking at them not very happy.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Hey there all!!! Hehe, seems like quite a few of us are re-watching DIF4 right now. Hehe, that is even better since we can discuiss a lot on it!!! Where to start now? hehe.

Do agree James. I really like Jessica with long hair, but I would say her short cut in here is very cute. It works well with her face. Very very cute!! Louis looks quite sauve don't you think? hehe, very handsome and mysterious too.

Oh I know exactly what you mean cherrie!!! I was all yelling in my mind at how Sunny could do such a thing!! I sorta calmed down a bit when he suddenly came out of his thoughts and yelled out for San San, but after she responded to him, he went back to his "thoughts" putting on that face of his. That longing face....argh!! How could he do that?!?!?! San San was so sad when she heard him say that!!

Oh and remember all the other scenes after that? Like how Sunny was getting angry at San San for allowing Charmaine to stay with that guy who has a bad reputation? Gosh, poor San San!! Charmaien is her own person, its not like San San can control her!!!

You know, I really still can't come to a conclusion with Sunny's character. It does seem that he still likes/loves Charmaine while he is with San San, but his decision to be with San San should have concluded everything. I am sure that with his character, he wouldn't be with San San if he wasn't sure he loved her too. Then again when he was with Charmaine, it seemed as if he did like San San. Its just that the feeling was a hidden one....

I actually think it best for Louis to be with Jessica. Since she is like the first person who was able to "change" him and make him feel love again. It is really clear that he does truely love Jessica. Louis had made his decision to be with Jessica after finding that Anne is still alive. He really just wanted an answer....I think that his love for Anne has faded. Its just his personality wouldn't let it go. I dont like how the serie made it look as if Louis went back with Anne "only" because of the things she went through for him.

Yup, that was the "ending." Okay I would perfer for Sunny to be with Jessica rather then him go back to Charmaine. But I still don't like Sunny dating again so quickly!!! Hmmm...the last few eps of the serie did have plenty of hints about Sunny and Jessica. Like how Jessica would go to Sunny to talk about Louis or he would go and comfort her... Its still quite clear that till the end, Louis can't let go of Jessica. hehe, agree cherrie that if he chooses Anne then he has to live through the bad yet good of the choice.

I think its a really bad decision in the serie to have neither Sunny or Louis end up with their second partners. (San San and Jessica.) Since a theme I was getting from the serie was to let go of the past and try to create a new future with the one with you. You should treasure the one who is close by. The serie really didn't do much of this since it looked as if both guys were still "stuck" in their past with past partners. Also they didn't treasure the one with them enough and lost them....Argh!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

i agree. imo, louis and sunny doesn't deserve the girls (jessica & san san) i would like it best if sunny would not end up with jessica either. somehow the girls are just too good for the guys.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

You are so right cherrie!! San San and Jessica did so much for Sunny and Louis, but in the end they really didn't get what they deserved. I really do think that the guys could have done more for them. Stupid guys!!! Seriously, they should be more clear with their feelings and stop looking into the past!!! Its just hurting the one they are with

Between Louis and Sunny, I would say that I am more annoyed with Louis. If San San had not died, then it is obvious that Sunny would have truely treated her well and loved her till the end. As for Louis, he felt that he owed Anne and left Jessica because of that. Even though he knows that he does love Jessica and she loves him back, he leaves her!!!

It totally annoys me how San San's character had to die!!!! What did this add into the serie? Just more "tragic" and makes it look as if Sunny will go "back" with Charmaine. ARGH!!! Stupid Stupid Stupid!! Oh yeah, did I mention how I really like San San's character name? Very cute sounding, hehe. She is actually my favorite character. Well its tied, her and Jessica. These two are almost like the same character, just a bit different. They go through the same obsticles for love sorta and can understand one another. Good friends.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    I actually think it best for Louis to be with Jessica. Since she is like the first person who was able to "change" him and make him feel love again. It is really clear that he does truely love Jessica. Louis had made his decision to be with Jessica after finding that Anne is still alive. He really just wanted an answer....I think that his love for Anne has faded. Its just his personality wouldn't let it go. I dont like how the serie made it look as if Louis went back with Anne "only" because of the things she went through for him.
    If that were the case, he wouldn't have told Anne at the hospital that he couldn't live without her and life would be meaningless if she had died. He loved Anne, and that love never died. The whole issue with Cheng Dung Sing was because of Anne. Louis went into semi-recluse because of Anne. Louis screamed at Jessica because of Anne. Louis couldn't make a fresh start because of Anne. Yes, he loved Jessica too, but that love will never be able to overcome what he had with Anne, and throughout the serial, he never held back from his memories of Anne (re that bit about the bones, where he went berserk). He was going to move on with Jessica only because Anne told him she didn't want to revive the relationship. From start to finish, he was behaving like a spoilt brat to Jessica. I don't think she should have stayed with such a man.

San San was just a spoilt child who decided her greatest sorrow was a man who couldn't love her. Blah to that.
    玉木宏

blog

Lol Junny : Its difficult to argue with you on that...such good reasons you stated there. In a blank at the moment

I wouldn't say San San was spoiled. Just more "privliaged."
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

hey guys! decided 2 drop in since goddess invited

seems 2 me like ur discussing about the 2 love triangles. very interesting points made by every1 from what i've skimmed thru.

ok junny, but how would you explain the last part in the hospital scene, when louis hugged jessica for the last time? i think louis there showed that he would want to choose jessica, only that he can't leave anne because anne NEEDS him.
    i won't say san san was spoiled either. true she was spoiled during the first parts of the series, but haven't you noticed how she matured towards the end?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Man, it seems like I am one of the very FEW that hated Lee San San's character. I thought she was a biatch for stealing her best friend's boyfriend. I hated her so much that when she died I was actually happy but then, Charmaine and Sunny didn't get back together. Charmaine wasn't an angel in the series but Lee San San actually steal Sunny away from Charmaine taking advantage of the fact Charmaine was in jail at that time.

As for Louise, I agree with Junny. Louise loved Anne the most and throughout the whole series, Louise never once held back his love for Anne. Remember the scene when Louise thought Anne got drowned by Roger and he nearly lost himself? Tell me that's not love. Louise may love Jessica but Anne have a bigger piece of his heart, unfortunately.

I was actually hoping that Anne would die also, so that Louise can finally get to be together with Jessica, but then again, he would always probably have Anne in the back of his mind, and that would not be fair to Jessica.

ok junny, but how would you explain the last part in the hospital scene, when louis hugged jessica for the last time? i think louis there showed that he would want to choose jessica, only that he can't leave anne because anne NEEDS him.
    I have no doubt that Louis, in his own way, loved Jessica. But as I previously mentioned, his love for her would not be able to overcome what he had with Anne, unless he made a conscious effort to put the Anne memories aside (which he has not done).

The hospital scene was touching, but notice what he said. He said "the woman I love". He did not say "the woman I love most" or something to the effect. Sure, who would bear to leave a good woman like Jessica? Louis knew he was giving up a good thing, a good relationship. He would naturally be sad because he did have good times with Jessica.

But the fact that he was prepared to die when he learnt from Cheng Dung Sing that Anne had died negates the possibility that his feelings for Jessica overrode whatever he had for Anne.

i won't say san san was spoiled either. true she was spoiled during the first parts of the series, but haven't you noticed how she matured towards the end?
    Funny how she matured only when Sunny was available after his break-up with Charmaine, but thought nothing of throwing a tantrum the day before her best friend's wedding.
    玉木宏

blog

Hey there you guys!!!

Babygurl!!! I'm so glad that you jumped to chat in this thread, hehe That means I'll see you in here also from now on? lol. Oooohhh Christina!! You came too? Thats great!!

Now I think this is the first time we might be disagreeing on something Christina, hehe. So you still don't like Lee San San's character till now? Pity!!! I do agree with you though that I don't like how the serie started Sunny and San San's relationship while Charmaine was in jail. I think that was a bit of a bad time.

However we must keep in mind that Charmaine is the one that ended the relationship and was avoiding Sunny. Sunny was willing to wait the year for Charmaine, but she decided to let him "go." I think she was also sure of the consequences of doing that too.

Yeah, San San was sorta taking advantage of the time while Charmaine was away to become closer to Sunny, but its not like she was forcing herself on him. San San gave Sunny the space he needed and was even trying to get Sunny back with Charmaine..or at least try to mend their friendship. Anyways after Sunny and San San started their relationship, San San immediatly went to tell Charmaine. San San is being truthful and she even admitted to feeling that she wronged Charmaine. I think this deserves something

You know, I really don't think San San was ever really spoiled. It all depends on how we see spoilness. Yeah, the whole confession thing before Charmaine and Sunny's wedding was a bit ekk Feelings are feelings. San San has been trying to hold them in ever since she found out that Charmaine was Sunny's gf. Those hidden feelings were bound to come out sooner or later. I blame the script writters for this bad timing. However its not like San San ever did anything on purpose to hurt Charmaine or Sunny. Well maybe besides that one time she faked calling charmaine to dinner... :

Lol....this whole reply was focused on Sunny, Charmaine, and San San's triangle as you can tell. Hehe, next time it'll be Louis, Jessica, and Anne
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

I think if they have a sequal the love triangle would be Louis, Jessica and Sunny...
    Flame on I am gone...

I'll comment briefly about Jessica-Louis-Anne then he..he..he..
    It's rather difficult for me to say which woman Louis loves most because I don't remember him ever saying that. What if, he loves both of them the same amount but because of Anne's vulnarability that's why he chooses her over Jessica. Can you imagine if it was Jessica who's been hurt and not Anne? Who would Louis choose? Probably Jessica, I think.

And I don't like the idea of letting Anne dies so that Louis can move along with Jessica, like you said christinatran, it wouldn't be fair for Jess (no matter how much I want him to end up with Jess). But still, I prefer Louis not to end up with anybody than having him leave Jess alone, pretty cruel huh. Btw christinatran, I notice you always spell Louis' name with Louise, lol.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

I wonder if Jessica play the role of Anne and Anne play the role of Jessica would people still have this reaction. Maybe that is the only way to test out the theory of Belki.

Another thing, yes it would be easier to kill off one of the love triangle... and they did that with Sunny's case. But using the same method for Louis' relationship in the same series would be silly (no shock value).
    Flame on I am gone...

I do think that having certain artists play a character influences the reaction from viewers. We tend to favor I think. Yet acting plays a part too. Who would like a character where the artist playing them can not express the feelings and emotions that character is feeling?

I think in here Jessica's acting is above Anne's. But then characterwise, they are both good people lets put it. Its a hard choice to make for who ends with Louis. They both did sacrifice a lot for him. lol, but yeah I favor Jessica over Anne so I wanted her with him

I just don't like the idea of a Louis, Jessica, and Sunny relationship triangle. Its hard to imagine Sunny and Jessica starting something with one another. Since they've seen the other with someone else and saw how much they loved their previous partners. Like Louis & Jessica and Sunny & San San went out on a few double dates togehter. Even though that was in the past, I can't picture it. Wonder how they would have played that out if there was a 5th part....
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

so many replies hehe
    i don't think changing jess and anne will change my choice. sure i don't like anne, but im after the character, not the actress.
    it will be better if louis don't end up with anybody. coz i really don't feel that he still loves anne, rather it's more on pity and gratitude
    i can accept sunny and jessica's relationship. but it will be better if their relationship grows, not in the end, but maybe they should have given an episode to show them comforting each other and eventually.....
    cherrie

They should all go see other people if I was the writer/producer etc... why you might ask... fresh start, people like to see that. More realistic... and easy related in real life. Also if I was producing another sequal might as well introduce other charactor involed in more cases... make the story progress better and more interesting....

If only I have $1million dollars
    Flame on I am gone...

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Originally posted by James Ko

If only I have $1million dollars
    1million not enough.........
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Hey Goddess! Hey Belki!

Ooops, I did spell Louis with a "e" at the end. My mistake
    Actually Goddess, I do think San San was spoiled. But she also have a good heart (in a way) that she knew what she had done was wrong and try to mend the relationship with Charmaine, after all, Charmaine was her best friend.

Charmaine let Sunny go for two reasons: One, she chose her father over Sunny and had to go to jail. Her career and life was ruined at that time and she didn't want to burden Sunny with her. She didn't want her past to effect Sunny. Second: She let Sunny go because she knew San San loved Sunny and let her have him because she valued the friendship so much. Remember when San San told Sunny her true feelings and Charmaine saw the whole thing? If it was me, I would hated San San to the end and go on to marry Sunny. But she chose to end the engagement and continued to be friend with San San.

I honestly don't think San San ever gave Sunny any space. I mean she was constantly there in front of him and used any kinds of excuses possible to be with him. Even after Sunny told her he was going to wait for Charmaine to get out, San San should have leave him alone and respect his wish but instead she tried any way possible to make him fall in love with her and she won in the end.

I didn't want to buy the series is because I honestly cannot stand San San at all. I never did like her and I hated her more so in this series becuase she was such a spoil boyfriend stealer brat.

Sorry if I sound mean, but you know how some series get to us and this series man, got me hooked for weeks.

But Goddess, it's nice once in a while we disagree on something.