Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Poison Au Yeung Fung and Passion Flower Poison

Default West Poison Au Yeung Fung and Passion Flower Poison

Yeung Gor nearly died in ROCH because of the Passion Flower Poison that he had been exposed to. It seemed that nothing, not even Gwok Jing's 9 Yum Jen Ging energy or the Indian Healer Monk's medical skill, could help him. His only hope was to obtain the antidote that Kau Cheen Chek alone possessed (or the Deun Chang Grass that ultimately proved to be Yeung Gor's salvation). Yeung Gor's adoptive father, West Poison Au Yeung Fung, was the greatest master of poison the world had ever seen, but he was dead by the time that Yeung Gor became exposed to the Passion Flower Poison. With his expert knowledge of poisons, could Au Yeung Fung have devised a cure for the Passion Flower Poison?

no, I don't think so, he was crazy, I wouldn't be trusting him with a cure. maybe if he was sane, maybe
    JUST HERE TO ANNOY!!!!

During his "insane" period, Au Yeung Fung had no memory of his name or identity, but his martial arts skills and knowledge of poison were as sharp as ever. I don't think his insanity would have impeded his ability to deal with poisons.

I think he might have a 50/50 chance. Too bad we never get to see him try.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I believe he could cure any poison!(biased point of view )

Intelligence remains even with insanity. Besides, when a person loses his memory, names and events are things he forgets first. Procedure (e.g. making cures for poisons or testing poisons) are the last to go in memory.

I would actually trust OYF to correctly analyse the Passion Flower posion and create and administer the invented antidote, even if he forgets who he is, considering that he was pretty good at it before.

However, time is a factor. By the time OYF, or anyone else actually finishes creating (not finding) an antidote, YG would have died.

But again, my unmovable faith in OYF convinces me that he could find some way to deter the progression of the poison.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Gj used 9YJG on the passionless flower poison?? I dont remember that happening can u provide a filler of the scene Ken? i did a little page jumpin at times and may have missed that part.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Originally posted by duguxiaojing
    Gj used 9YJG on the passionless flower poison?? I dont remember that happening can u provide a filler of the scene Ken? i did a little page jumpin at times and may have missed that part.
    Unless it's a TVB creation (which is always a possibility), Gwok Jing tried at one point to use the 9 Yum Jen Ging's inner power to force the Passion Flower Poison from Yeung Gor's body. It didn't work, however (Gwok Jing had been injured by the Golden Wheel Monk and the other Mongol mercenaries and couldn't bring the full power of the 9 Yum Jen Ging to bear, but even if he could, it likely would not have worked).

IMHO, OYF would have found a way to cure it, and fairly easily. He cured the lethal poison of LMC (early in ROCH) with incredible ease, showing YG how to expel it, without even needing any concotions or medicines or anything. Passion Flower Poison? I don't think it's even comparable to the types he could brew.

But it seesm that the poison of LMC was nothing compare to the Passion Flowers. Even HR thought of some medicines to cure it and knew that YG have still have chance. Isn't that Indian buddist brother of Yi Deng said to be the best poison curer?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

The Passion Flower Poison is *probably* much more poisonous than LMC's poison, 'cause when LMC herself got poisoned by this flower, she couldn't cure herself. However, that is perhaps because LMC herself was no poison expert.

BTW, let me get this correct, as lethal as the Passion Flower Poison is, it did not necessarily cause death, did it? From the 1st version of the novel, if I am not mistaken when Miss Gongsun poisoned herself (in order to get the antidote for YG), her mother told her that as long as she did not think about love, she would still be able to continue living. Now is this correct, or does my vague memory fail me again?

pretty sure it killed u....
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

It depended on how much you got pricked. Minor pricks will eventually go away by itself if you don't hink about love.

Falling into a briar patch and getting pricked all over means you will die without the antidote.

Passion Flower Poison also seemed to work differently from the poisons that West Poison Au Yeung Fung and Lee Mok Sau favored. Their poisons just killed the victim, usually pretty quickly. The Passion Flower Poison was much more insidious...it ate away at you slowly, giving you periodic reminders of its potency and then leaving you alone for awhile, only to hit you again when you least expect it. The real kick was that it was so damn hard to cure. Only its dedicated antidote (the Deun Chang Grass) was effective against it. It could not be forced out with inner power like many other poisons could.

Oh my, you are so smart NSX, I should have thought of that too.
    But it makes me wonder what you are thinking usually.

Seems like turning an arm to----------->*beep*is a little far fetch.

I think rapists and paedophiles should get injected with the Passion Flower Poison as a part of their sentences.

OYF should be able to cure that with his eyes closed. Btw in the original version I read, the Indian guy came up with the cure, didn't he ? He had to pay for that with his death. But Yang Guo threw the bottle away. What an ungrateful brat.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

well, i though the bottle that he threw away is the half pill that XLN fight with that one eye guy. i woulndt blame him for throwing that away, he though XLN was gonna die since there is no cure for her.
    the indian guy did found the cure, but he was dead b4 he could tell any1. however, b4 he was holding that "cure" in his hand b4 he died, n he died smilingly. i dont know if that is true, some1 clarify that for me.
    fanatic

Originally posted by duy
    well, i though the bottle that he threw away is the half pill that XLN fight with that one eye guy. i woulndt blame him for throwing that away, he though XLN was gonna die since there is no cure for her.
    the indian guy did found the cure, but he was dead b4 he could tell any1. however, b4 he was holding that "cure" in his hand b4 he died, n he died smilingly. i dont know if that is true, some1 clarify that for me.
    The Indian Monk found the cure, but was murdered by Lee Mok Sau before he could do anything about it. Fortunately, Wong Yung was able to interpret the meaning of his smile.

Originally posted by -NSX-
    How come the funny little green plants weren't enough for both YG and XLN? Did YG eat the plants or did he smoke them?
    It's kind of funny to think of Yeung Gor as possibly the world's first pothead, but no . . . he ingested the grass whole (at least, that's what 1 Deng told him to do).

Little Dragon Girl did not need the Passion Flower Poison antidote. She had taken hers way back when she and Yeung Gor left Passionless Valley the first time. She was in danger because she had sustained a severe internal injury (due to her own suicide attempt) at the hands of the Cheun Jen 5 Disciples. Yeung Gor almost was able to save her from that one, but things became *really* complicated after Gwok Fu struck her with a hijacked Ice Soul Needle while she was channeling her internal power.