Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi Gods And Semi Devils 2003 《天龍八部》

Originally posted by Mengda3chow

i didn't like this seires mainly cuz i dun like the plot.
    Same.
    I thought everything else was pretty good..

DGSD was better than LOCH, because I like DGSD novel better than boring LOCH. But, DGSD was entertaining enough to keep me going last year, and so far, I was happy to spend my weekend watching it. It didn't have the feeling of Xiao Ao Jiang Hu, probably because some miscast and blah acting of Liu Yi Fei.

It was alright, but I highly doubt that HSDS with Mr. Alec Su will pass my satisfaction.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

I personally didn't have much against the 2003 production of TLBB. Sure, there could have been better acting and sure, it came with the gaudy computer effects but there was much more that could have gone wrong with the series that actually turned out ok. I think that though it had its flaws, the series was a solid production overall. Just my $0.02.

reading all the diss abt DGSD's ferret and chessboard, i wanna know what you' all will say abt ROCH's giant condor (I assume it will be a CGI and not a man-in-costume again?)...
    back w/ a vengeance ^_^

Originally posted by Dlord0
    I personally didn't have much against the 2003 production of TLBB. Sure, there could have been better acting and sure, it came with the gaudy computer effects but there was much more that could have gone wrong with the series that actually turned out ok. I think that though it had its flaws, the series was a solid production overall. Just my $0.02.
    Yeah, that's pretty much how I felt about DGSD.

Originally posted by Floo...
    reading all the diss abt DGSD's ferret and chessboard, i wanna know what you' all will say abt ROCH's giant condor (I assume it will be a CGI and not a man-in-costume again?)...
    the 80s version was too fake for me to even say anything about it. i'm pretty sure that they're going to try doing computer animation and not some stupid costum....(atleast i hope, not that it'll look better or anything)
    but from wat i see in TLBB, i don't think they've mastered the animal animation thingy yet...
    How I feel about you doesn't matter. It's you who has to live with yourself.

Default Tian Long Ba Bu 2003

has anyone watched it yet ? if so pls post a review, itll be greately appreciated. ive only seen a poster of it. it stars jimmy lin, christy chung and some other guys. the guy playing qiaofeng( i assume hes playing qiaofeng) looks kindda lame thou. he certainly doesnt have the build, manliness and commanding aura that qiaofeng has. + he doesnt have the look of murder on his face. what a disappointment. but then again, can anyone name any actors that can potray qiaofeng ? i think felix wong n the guy that played QF in the old tvb version were certainly manly enuff, unfortunately they didnt have the build.
    Last edited by qiaofeng; 08-15-04 at 02:20 AM.

This is the review in SPCnet.tv by one reviewer

If you want to discuss the series, you can go here , there'2 more than 30 pages of DGSD discussion

back w/ a vengeance ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Floo..
    With how often the giant condor shows up, I can't see how they can use
    CGI for it. CCTV's shown that they don't have the ability to do a good
    giant condor(based on earlier works), but they may surprise me.
    It's more likely that they'll do a hybrid. Part costume and part CGI
    depending on the actions the condors gotta do.

My personal opinion is that it just isn't very feasible for them to be able to do
    a good giant condor. No matter how it comes out...the majority of ppl
    will trash it

anyone who flames dsgd03 is either a wimp or a gay....there're some awesome fighting scenes in the show, though i thought it would be better if 6msj was shown as laser beams instead of the colourless bolts....the actresses are very pretty (one big reason to watch the show)....and i think the chessboard is very cool, who cares if its realistic or not? and for once they followed the novel rather closely....its a 40 episode show for goodness sake, so stop arguing over petty stuffs like QF being a surgeon or not...those who cant make up your minds look for pics below to see if its worth watching

http://www.tianyaclub.com/new/Public...e=47345&flag=1

its a yes trust me
    Last edited by lOngbOwmeN; 09-07-04 at 01:06 PM.
    Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

Talking

i actually liked this series, the overall series was pretty good. and so were the fighting scenes

Banned

Calling people that don't like this series is a wimp and gay??? man!! you got to learn how to respect others opinions. Have it your way, I rather BE WIMP AND GAY then like this series anyways. I spend alot of money buy series and collect them which I did buy the TVB Series staring Carmen Lee, Felix Wong, Benny Chan. And this one? I don't even want it if it cost a penny, it not even good enough compare to a penny in my opinion. I think this series really SUCK, compare the people in here with TVB actors such as Felix Wong and stuff, dream on!!! By the way, this is just base on my opinion, so don't get mad and start to call people wimp and gay when you read this Lolz!!! Peace!!

omg that is really an self-opinonated wimp and gay's comment....prefers an old sucky series thats not even worth a dime to such a good series with superb special effects and an accurate storyline....not to mention gorgeous actresses (man are u les or wat?) peace my dear gay friend =)

Banned

Gotcha fall right into my trap, at least I gotcha to respond and call me a gay? Hahahah lol!!!! I think I need to restate again, this series SUCK BIG TIME, oh yeah!!!! A dime? am sure if you can do math, it worth more then a penny, hahahah!!! so technically the TVB version are way better cuze it worth a dime (taken from your own word) hahaha!!!
    Oh well, I don't pay attention to those people think this series good, so next time when you type something, THINK!! Cuze I won't come back here to read, why? Cuze I be busy watching TVB series instead of this crappy one with ugly dumb actor and actress.
    Even if am les? I rather go for Carmen Lee, Idy Chan or like Kathy Lai, not those ugly one this series.
    I have a feelings, U just don't understand, I need to restate myself. THIS SERIES SUCK, IT DOESN'T EVEN WORTH A PENNY, WAIT!!! A PENNY IS TOO MUCH, IT DOESN'T EVEN WORTH 0.00000000000000000001 OF A PENNY IN MY POCKET, SORRY I USE TOO MUCH MATH, I DOUBT IT IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH IS A 0.00000000000001 OF A PENNY HAHAHA.
    I think I make my point clear enough on how much I think this series SUCK, I think you understand it by now. Go head reply me yah!! But I be busy watch TVB series then reply to the most SUCK series in the world thread. Lolz!!!!!!!!!!! Peace my little immature friend.

Christ, both of you are such immature little s***s. Can one of the moderators do something about this, please?

Hey. Lets clear up some matters first and wrap up this little tussle. I dun want to be banned and be called immature.you know, my wimpy little gay friend. And Ren Wo Xing, we might be a little immature, but youre no better by using language like s***s. The stars dun make them any less vulgar.

1. Gotcha fall right into my trap, at least I gotcha to respond and call me a gay? Hahahah lol!!!!

Dots. Nothing much to say on this quite obvious. Congrats, I feel good making someone happy. (no sarcasm. Honest)

2. I think I need to restate again, this series SUCK BIG TIME, oh yeah!!!! I think I make my point clear enough on how much I think this series SUCK, I think you understand it by now. Go head reply me yah!! But I be busy watch TVB series then reply to the most SUCK series in the world thread. Lolz!!!!!!!!!!!

In ur own words: man!! you got to learn how to respect others opinions.. Period. (you should moderate ur opinions, I had to use words like wimp, gays and suck to return ur venom. In defending wads good about the serial, one should not flame others... which is a cardinal sin u committed)

3. A dime? am sure if you can do math, it worth more then a penny, hahahah!!! so technically the TVB version are way better cuze it worth a dime (taken from your own word) hahaha!!!

This was what I said: omg that is really an self-opinonated wimp and gay's comment....prefers an old sucky series thats not even worth a dime. Anything to say?

4. Cuze I won't come back here to read, why? Cuze I be busy watching TVB series instead of this crappy one with ugly dumb actor and actress. Even if am les? I rather go for Carmen Lee, Idy Chan or like Kathy Lai, not those ugly one this series.

Fine by me. Its youur opinion. But ugly words. Read answer to 2. And btw good to know your preferences. J

5. I have a feelings, U just don't understand, I need to restate myself. THIS SERIES SUCK, IT DOESN'T EVEN WORTH A PENNY, WAIT!!! A PENNY IS TOO MUCH, IT DOESN'T EVEN WORTH 0.00000000000000000001 OF A PENNY IN MY POCKET, SORRY I USE TOO MUCH MATH, I DOUBT IT IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH IS A 0.00000000000001 OF A PENNY HAHAHA.

Atrocious English aside (you really should brush up), its good to know you know your zeroes. I mean how can I win a guy whose maths is so shen he can give a penny to 10^-20

6. Lastly, I must admit I am immature in being so upset and putting you down in the above replies. But seriously, cool be the man who doesnt use vulgarities and is objective. Moderate yourself man (Ill moderate myself too). Hence, I would like to extend a hand of peace. TVB is good, but dgsd has its good points too. In reiteration, I would like to end this tussle. I will not reply to anymore flaming.

a concerned party
    lOngbOwmeN
    Last edited by lOngbOwmeN; 09-15-04 at 10:23 AM.

newbie here.
    i would like to buy this series but i'm just wondering how this show compares with HSDS02?

Quote Originally Posted by Keius
    With how often the giant condor shows up, I can't see how they can use
    CGI for it. CCTV's shown that they don't have the ability to do a good
    giant condor(based on earlier works), but they may surprise me.
    It's more likely that they'll do a hybrid. Part costume and part CGI
    depending on the actions the condors gotta do.

My personal opinion is that it just isn't very feasible for them to be able to do
    a good giant condor. No matter how it comes out...the majority of ppl
    will trash it
    It's more of a question of what is least worse. The TVB 80s & 95 condors were distant cousins to sesame streets big bird. I was quite aghast that there was little improvement between fx for the condor.

Roch Singapore 98 had a cgi condor. Of course it was very fake but i preferred it as it seemed less corny compared to the big feather suit.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Quote Originally Posted by brack
    newbie here.
    i would like to buy this series but i'm just wondering how this show compares with HSDS02?
    I think XAJH was the better done than HSDS. And DGSD was better done than HSDS. DGSD is not as good as the hype and the trailer made out. There seemed to be many rough edges but still plenty enjoyable. I had no complaint with the fx. HSDS fx were sometimes a bit corny though.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

|n A|3C's Heart 0=) Title: A|3C's #1 Fan!

Default Tian Long Ba bu

A show worth to watch anyone seen it i like qiaofeng and ah zi
    Alyssa Lastest Series : ( Phantom lovers)

Fave Actresses : Alyssa , Ma su , Florance Tan , Gao Yuan Yuan , Jessica Hester Hsuan

Favourite Actors: Alec Su , Louis Koo , Aaron Kwok , Jimmy Lin