Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1253

Thread: Demi Gods And Semi Devils 2003 《天龍八部》

relive, thanks for the pictures again. they're really nice like the previous ones you posted.

darren25, i think murong fu is really bad. he kills people who doesn't deserve to die or doesn't need to die for his agenda. i think the actor xiu qing is brilliant in portraying this character. i agree with what you said about Duan Yu's dad, but i guess because he's soft-natured, women in ancient times perhaps like such men more, for the tenderness. and some guys just have some x-factor we don't understand with women.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    relive, thanks for the pictures again. they're really nice like the previous ones you posted.
    You're welcome

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1395/cap0016qc.jpg')
    Love Jimmy and Jiang Xin, Support TAE

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7402/cap0113bc.jpg')

Thanks for the great pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by dragongirl
    Thanks for the great pictures!

You're welcome.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9886/cap0297bm.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8269/cap0330px.jpg')

Relive, please post the songs from the series, especially Yang Wang. I have been searching for it online and in stores for a week and cant find it. Please, please...it would mean so much as I really like the songs

Quote Originally Posted by darren25
    Can someone please post the theme songs again, I recently watched the series and have a craving to download the songs but cannot find them on the internet. It would be greatly appreciated.

Since I dont want to be a freeloader, some clarification on the series/Jin Yong novels to help people appreciate them more...

There is no bad guy in this series, everybody has an agenda that he/she feels is important and does what they can to achieve it, some are just more ruthless than others. Even Duan Yu and Xu Zhu kill people in this series. (Does anybody feel sorry for those Mongolian soldiers who die before Qiao Feng commits suicide?) Furthermore, JinYong uses his novels to communicate the competing chinese philosophies and interactions. Duan Yu represents Taoists, Xu Zhu buddhists and Qiao Feng Confunianism. Hence Qiao Feng must die because State/People more important than self and Duan Yu gives in to the love he naturally feels for Wang Yu Yen. Even the other "bad guys" kill as a last resort. Mu Rong Fu is not a bad person and is meant to be an artist/poet or something. Thats why even though his family has access to all those kung fu novels, he isnt the best because his heart truly isnt there. He was just dealt an unfair hand or a burden by his father. Combined with the fact that he is a commited person/loyal person (good qualityes) to his father and ancestors equals his bad fate in the end. Its actually pretty tragic, and he doesnt deserve to die, but to be pitied (notice he is always worried, confused or angry in the series, never happy. If you grew up in his situation, I doubt you would become very attractive at around 27-28 which is his age)

Jin Yong has implied a tier system in his novels regarding fighting techniques to illustrate history and reality. From Tian Long Ba Bu to his last novel, Lu Ding Ji, notice that Kung Fu peaks in Tian Long Ba Bu and is really weak later on. Heroes lose the ability to shoot "chi" projectiles by Xiao Ao Jiang Hu. Yi Yang Zhi, which is relatively weak in Tian Long Ba Bu is one of the strongest techniques in the Condor Heroes (ie Duan Yu's father's technique). Jin Yong is reflecting that art has been lost through the ages, and in this case, is illustrated through the loss of ancient kung fu techniques. This makes the monk (Wu Ming/Nameless) in this series the strongest in all of the Jin Yong Novels, and Du Gu Qiao Bai (guys name is actually begging for a loss) at second.

Some Random Points...
    Qiao Feng's Kung Fu (Xiao Long 18 stances) is not techniques but rather ways to maximize the output and efficiency of your inner strength in your moves. He actually uses basic techniques most times to defeat opponents. Its mostly his talent and viciousness/courage in fighting that makes him so strong. Hence, the older adaptation with Huang Ri Hua as Qiao Feng is definately inappropriate.

Notice in Jin Yong Novels, most characters who try so hard to chase after glory and strength in kung fu do not get it. Its the ones who dont really care that end up becoming so strong, usually.

Qiao Feng's death in the end is not as inapproriate as it seems. We live in a different world. You wake up wondering what you will eat for lunch and whether or not that classmate likes you. Qiao Feng is a traditional chinese hero, who values family, nation and friends. He is willing to die for them without thought or consideration. He perfectly embodies qualities such as loyalty, honor and filiel piety. And he is one of the only ones out of all of Jin Yong's novels that are like that, truly a tragic loss. Hundreds of years ago, there really were a few people like that. (There is a great scene in the series in which a Mongolian King is about to bow to Qiao Feng for letting him live, and Qiao Feng says that he has never allowed a friend to lower himself in front of him, to the shock of the king who thought he was to be killed) So you have to understand his severe rarity of character to appreciate his scenes, and understand why his death is treated as so tragic. (But yes, could have been better, but so can almost everything)

The guy they have playing as Duan Yu's father is inappropriate. This guy is supposed to make Don Juan look weak. I guess they didnt have a good selection of older chinese actors, so its not believable to see women all over him and willing to die for him.

Its obvious that the characters look like there supposed to compared to the past adaptations. Yeah, their are flaws, but there are flaws in everything.

Yeah I guess thats enough, please post those songs for me, especially Yang Wang as I really really like it.

Thank You

2 comments.
    1. 1 Yang Zhi is indeed inferior to 6MSJ; however, 1 Yang Zhi was not reached to the highest level by anyone other than Yideng during LOCH/ROCH. It now even says in the new edition of DSGS that 1 Yang Zhi at peak is par with JMZ's Flame Blade Palm (something close to that).
    2. The theme is there.

Quote Originally Posted by darren25
    Relive, please post the songs from the series, especially Yang Wang. I have been searching for it online and in stores for a week and cant find it. Please, please...it would mean so much as I really like the songs
    Oops! I did it again. I am sorry I forgot

Yang Wang, this song is best for bedtime.

http://202.101.237.119/ftp/skyheros/2.wma

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8387/cap0372tq.jpg')

All four songs are here, special thanks to Peter_Kun.

http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=733950

Thanks You so much for the links to the songs, relive. This made me happy. Thanks to Peter Kun also for making them available.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4058/cap0354yu.jpg')

Can't help but notice LYF's eyes in the pictures.
    Pic. 1 : Looks like she just woke up or something.
    Pic. 2 : OMG! What was that!
    Pic. 3 & 4 : Looks normal to me...
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." "不闻不若闻之,闻之不若见之,见之不若知之,知之不若行之" Confucius

OMG! Thanks relieve! I love Yang Wang. I had the translation somewhere but now i lost it. Oh well, I can manage.

really a nice Series

The series left me a little disappointed for various little reasons :/... in the book I hate how theres so much build up on characters like xz but he only ends up fighting dcq and jmz... while xf's dad a murong bo didnt do much either

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/7181/cap0461aq.jpg')

This series was depressing. The main character killed his only love and then killed himself in the end. I feel sorry for him. He was one of the most convincing looking heroes in all the ancient series that I've watched.

Yes, he was truly heroic in epic proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by dragongirl
    This series was depressing. The main character killed his only love and then killed himself in the end. I feel sorry for him. He was one of the most convincing looking heroes in all the ancient series that I've watched.