Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263
Results 1,241 to 1,253 of 1253

Thread: Demi Gods And Semi Devils 2003 《天龍八部》

Quote Originally Posted by thesoothsayer View Post
    I quite like this adaptation. Only part I hated was in the middle where there was too much focus on Xiao Feng and A Zi. I wonder if A Zi could have changed if XF returned her affections, though. Ah well, I guess his heart died with A Zu. XF was heroic from start to finish but he was the same from the first to the last. Didn't have much character building, didn't learn from his mistakes, and didn't want to use his brains. I guessed his enemies could have predicted his every move and the death of A Zu would have been prevented if both of them had just used their brains a little more.

TSTL was pretty funny. I liked her expressions and interaction with Xu Zhu.

From the show, it's hard to tell why DY fell for WYY. I personally would have gone for MWQ. She has that delicious bad girl attitude.
    You are wrong about QF(XF) not changing. He was remorseful of his deeds at Hero Gathering Mansion. Subsequently, he was a more peaceful man than before. He was also remorseful of Ah Zhu's death. He did not have the same temper that he once did.

I don't know what you want the character to do. I don't think he should have killed himself, but as man living during that time period who was way into loyalty to one's people and to one's king, he had committed treason. He was also heart broken about Ah Zhu. He felt he was a man with no country. He had prevented war between the Liao and Sung. He had nothing, in his views, left to live for.

---------

In other fronts, Liu Yi Fei is becoming better and better looking. Sometimes really good looking girls go downhill as they hit 20, not in her case clearly. I hope she stays in Asia rather than come to Hollywood and play 2nd rate white man loving roles that'll be waiting for her.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    In other fronts, Liu Yi Fei is becoming better and better looking. Sometimes really good looking girls go downhill as they hit 20, not in her case clearly. I hope she stays in Asia rather than come to Hollywood and play 2nd rate white man loving roles that'll be waiting for her.
    yeah she is really pretty! she is perfect for ancient dramas because she has the whole "ancient beauty" thing

OST download

http://download.yousendit.com/2EE383CC616D9B36

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/wolffwolff/Jimmy%20and%20LiuYiFei/whzdn/hgxvyjxim7s1ghfadpk15dnv97ea.jpg')
    Love Jimmy and Jiang Xin, Support TAE

Quote Originally Posted by relive View Post
    OST download

http://download.yousendit.com/2EE383CC616D9B36

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/wolffwolff/Jimmy%20and%20LiuYiFei/whzdn/hgxvyjxim7s1ghfadpk15dnv97ea.jpg')
    aww thats a really cute picture!! i love it

hi, can you reup this, as the link is dead now... thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    OMG, after watching both thing over over over n over some more. i finnaly found the reason why benny chan was a better DY than jimmy lin. I felt that benny chan was better, but i was never able to put my hand on WHY... and this is gonna come as a funny thing because i'm sure people might not have realized this.

When u watch the DY played by jimmy lin, did u notice something out of the oridnary? did u notice somthing that doesn't quite fit but u can't put ur hand on it. lol, i finnally realized this. it's a fatal flaw and a huge one at that.

Let me clarify this, jimmy lin looks aren't as quite fitting the role as benny, but it's not a huge issue, if benny was a 10 jimmy came in very close at 9.5... the major difference is their body language and body shape. with benny u see the "weak" "no martial art" body as well as his gestures, if u watch jimmy carefully, u'll notice that he has a very rough gesture, and a tough guy, even though he look and dress as a weakling you'll notice that his body parts are very rough (hands/fingures/legs) and his body composition in general. That's what's disturbing when i watch him but i wasn't able to figure it out till now. with benny chan he's just a great fit for the role because of his body type, he's the tihn, small, skinny dude, perfect for the role. nothing against jimmy lin, he did his best, just wasnt made for the role, but the role is very hard to fit into, he's probably better fitting for the role at that time than anyone else. benny was quite old by then and probably cna't play that role no more.

PS: also notice at around eps 11-12 in the 97 version they had a little part where it's completely gone in the 03 version.
    also i'll do a little comparision in case people are wondering, just go watch both lol, the story is good, it's worth the free time.

1) the scenery, ofcouse the 03 is better, but let me tell u, it's not by much because this freaking story took place mostly in house or in the temple.

2) the actors, i like benny, felix and terry, carmen. if i was to have my way, i would put the rest of the other ladies in 03 version as replace of the 97 because the 97 version didn't have that good of backup actress. and if possible, i would like LYF to be in there too because she's just eye candy although i can't imagine what role she can play... cuzz carmen already took WYY

3) let just say the 03 costum kick the 97 costum's *** over and over, then it run really far away, pick up some speed and kick the version 97's *** some more. they did a really good job with the costum, it looks much nicer.

4) fighting scene, um it's a close one, both had compeltely different style. even the 03 had more tech, i didn't think it was THAT much better.

5) scenes that 97 version shines better:
    a) the part that's missing from the 03 version, where DY follow WYY home, about 2 hours worth of DY and WYY, i'm sorry but even though the story is split between the 3 main characters, most of us love to see the love bird of the story more than the heoroic freak XF
    b) the ending, they had better ending and had the plot plan out better
    c) the ending fight to save XF, it was alot of *** kicking and i like it, not like the sissi version in 03 and the ending in general, they really pick apart the 03 version toward the end

Scenes in 03 version that i like
    a) the barn scene with DY and WYY, it was just more sensitive and sensial, i really like it, much hotter than the 97 version
    b) DY and WYY when they were at the country competing for the princes, again, just more feelings than the 97

other than that, not much to comment on both series, i really like the 97 better. even though LYF is super hot in 03, it's not enough to sway my vote
    i can't agree more with you. your analysis is exactly how i feel about these 2 series. and the thought of mixing the casts (keeping the 97 actors and using 03 actresses) is perfect, although some of the hair-dos of the ladies in 03 are appalling!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    ---------

I completely agree with you here. She really has got the "look" for historical drama. And it makes me sad when actors from other countries want to come to the US. I know they can probably make more money here, but they all get over here and get stereotyped in certain roles. I hope Liu Yi Fei can expand her range and try other types of roles besides the sweet beauty. That's why I liked her in Forbidden Kingdom. She had a bit of fire there.

I've been thinking about checking out this series, but there doesn't seem to be an English-subtitled version of it available.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    I've been thinking about checking out this series, but there doesn't seem to be an English-subtitled version of it available.
    You can watch a subbed version here:
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/drama/?tab=index

But like the Xiao Au Jiang hu 2001 i'm watching there, you'll wish you could edit the subs.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    You can watch a subbed version here:
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/drama/?tab=index

But like the Xiao Au Jiang hu 2001 i'm watching there, you'll wish you could edit the subs.
    Yes, I often feel like that about the subs. The subs on the commercially-available US version of XAJH 2001 are pretty good, but they're not perfect.

Maybe when I learn to speak Mandarin really well I can get a job as a subtitler.

You can download the series with subtitles from d-addicts. There's a batch torrent for the entire series and it still has seeders. It looks like the first two episodes are hardsubbed and the rest are raw with softsubs. I'm assuming that those subs are better quality than what's available on the actual dvds.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Yes, I often feel like that about the subs. The subs on the commercially-available US version of XAJH 2001 are pretty good, but they're not perfect.

Maybe when I learn to speak Mandarin really well I can get a job as a subtitler.
    Watching Xiao Au Jiang hu 2001 I kind of cringe when I hear Yue Buqun and Madame Yue clearly say Chong"er and Shan'er and the subtitle says Linghu and Lingshan. The various schools and sects are referred to as parties.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Watching Xiao Au Jiang hu 2001 I kind of cringe when I hear Yue Buqun and Madame Yue clearly say Chong"er and Shan'er and the subtitle says Linghu and Lingshan. The various schools and sects are referred to as parties.
    I know!! You must be watching the NTSC DVD version. That's exactly how it is. And Yue Buqun calls his wife Shi Mei, but the subtitles always say "My dear". Plus they didn't translate the meaning of Monk Bujie's name, so I had to explain that to my husband because it was amusing and I thought he would find it funny.

It's better than the English subs for BXJ 2007, though. It drove me crazy how they translated so many of the names into English, so Qing Qing was referred to constantly as "Greeny".

i found DGSD 97 more enjoyable to watch. this version is alright, not bad. better than the 80's version maybe. but i still think the best china wuxia is Xiao Au Jiang Hu.