Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if GJ learned 9 Yang

Default What if GJ learned 9 Yang

Suppose GJ learned the 9 Yang Jun Ging inner power instead of 9 Yum. How would this impact his martial arts, in particular his Dragon Subduing 18 Palms? GJ modified his HL18P to use 9 Yum power so it comes in waves and is both soft and hard. Had he learned 9 Yang, would he be able to unleash blast of energy that was more reminiscent of Kiu Fung's HL18P?

Would the Yang-based martial arts like Kau Cheen Yan's Iron Palms and South Emperor's Yat Yeung Ji be improved if they had used 9 Yang rather than 9 Yum inner power training? Thanks.

That would be scary pure yang based inner power with aggresive yang palms...damn...although im not sure it would be any better than his palms right now
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

I don't think executing the XL18Z or YYJ would be a problem for 9yang.

It might be a problem if a 9Yin person attempts to learn 9yang since the qi pathway would be in opposition. Vice versa for 9yang person.

i thought HL18X can only be produce by putting 9 yum interenergy into it. if put 9 yang i thought it is the total opposite of it and there fore; one might die or got crazy. QF's HL18X is also 9 yum.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Originally posted by hermit
    It might be a problem if a 9Yin person attempts to learn 9yang since the qi pathway would be in opposition. Vice versa for 9yang person.
    I don't so because the philosophy 9 Yin and 9 Yang are really similar to each other.

but the 9 Yang does conflict with HL18Z's method of attacking. using 9 Yang inner energy would probably make the HL18Z more stable though.

Originally posted by Crazy8
    i thought HL18X can only be produce by putting 9 yum interenergy into it. if put 9 yang i thought it is the total opposite of it and there fore; one might die or got crazy. QF's HL18X is also 9 yum.
    QF doesn't know 9Yin. I also don't think it matter what type of energy is used.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 04-13-04 at 11:01 PM.

Originally posted by TaiHan
    I don't so because the philosophy 9 Yin and 9 Yang are really similar to each other.
    remember on IcyFire island when ZWJ tried to give qi to ZZR and felt a force repelling his qi? Unbeknownst to him, she was already practicing 9yin and the yin qi was already in her system, making it difficult for his yang qi to cure her. Hence, it can be said that one can learn one or the other but not both.

that is because of energy from different body. Like usually a energy is sent into another person that person's energy would react to the incoming energy.

also ZZR should know a little 9 Yang from her Emei school(not sure though) and she was still capable of learning 9 Yin.

I can't verify that it can be done to learn both 9 Yang and 9 Yin's energy, but their philosophy are very similar if you compare them.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 04-14-04 at 03:12 AM.

Originally posted by hermit
    remember on IcyFire island when ZWJ tried to give qi to ZZR and felt a force repelling his qi? Unbeknownst to him, she was already practicing 9yin and the yin qi was already in her system, making it difficult for his yang qi to cure her. Hence, it can be said that one can learn one or the other but not both.
    Actually 9 Yin isn't all "Yin", despite what's shown in that incident. 9 Yin is Taoist, and therefore is neutral. It tries to achieve the balance between Yin and Yang energy forces in the body. When ZWJ pushed his 9 Yang (pure yang) energy into ZZR's body, in order to maintain the balance of Yin and Yang forces, the 9 Yin in her produced that pure Yin energy to counter ZWJ's 9 Yang. That failed though, cos ZZR had only practiced 9 Yin for a year or two.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by Candide
    That failed though, cos ZZR had only practiced 9 Yin for a year or two.
    A year or Two? How long were they stuck on that island?

I vaguely remember the trio (Cheung Mo Gei, Chow Chi Yerk, Tse Tsun) being on that island for nine months to a year, but I'm not sure.

As for Gwok Jing learning 9 Yeung Jen Ging, I don't think it would have made a significant difference as far as the amount of inner power he would have gained (the inner power yield of the 9 Yum Jen Ging and the 9 Yeung Jen Ging seemed fairly equal), but the 9 Yum Jen Ging had a number of handy tricks that the 9 Yeung Jen Ging did not have. Gwok Jing benefitted from these additional features of the 9 Yum Jen Ging as well as its tremendous inner power generating capabilities.

I remember ZMJ and Tse Tsun were saying that u could practice both or somethin, but if u pushed urself too hard u would get injured or die.....somethin like that.
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

I don't think they have the enough knowledge to say something like that since both of them never seen both of the manual. They are making conclusion as we are making right now.

I remember a while back sum one on this thread posted that ZMG thought it would be possible to merge both 9yin and 9yang together but it would take a martial arts genius such as Z3F to do it since the theories of both manuals contradict one another.

Do u think it possible for OYF to do this? he was a martial arts genius him self..or possibly HYS?

I thought ZMG had full access to everything concealed in both HS and DS at end of novel? i think some one posted it up but ive never read book or watched adaption so not 2 sure...
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

9 Yang should yield more inner strength than 9 Yin, considering ZMJ only practiced it for about 5 years and he reached Greats' levels in inner strength. Even Guo Jing had to practice for years and years to reach that with 9 Yin.

Originally posted by tape
    9 Yang should yield more inner strength than 9 Yin, considering ZMJ only practiced it for about 5 years and he reached Greats' levels in inner strength. Even Guo Jing had to practice for years and years to reach that with 9 Yin.
    Cheung Mo Gei had the shortcut of the Can't Say Monk's bag; Gwok Jing never had anything like that.

Originally posted by duguxiaojing
    I remember a while back sum one on this thread posted that ZMG thought it would be possible to merge both 9yin and 9yang together but it would take a martial arts genius such as Z3F to do it since the theories of both manuals contradict one another.
    Do u think it possible for OYF to do this? he was a martial arts genius him self..or possibly HYS?
    I think West Venom would be able to do if he had time and sanity on his side. The man was truly a martial arts genius. The faux 9 Yin training of his made his martial arts more weird, but also made him even more powerful. H7G admitted this when they fought for the last time at Wah San.

Can one of the JY many experts here explain the difference between the inner energy from 9 Yum and 9 Yeung? Is 9 Yeung energy suppose to be more fierce, robust and overbearing? For example, let's consider that scene where YG kills LMX with GS's hairpin. Would someone who practiced 9 Yum inner power and 9 Yum only be able to wield that kind destructive force?

Originally posted by Condor83
    Can one of the JY many experts here explain the difference between the inner energy from 9 Yum and 9 Yeung? Is 9 Yeung energy suppose to be more fierce, robust and overbearing? For example, let's consider that scene where YG kills LMX with GS's hairpin. Would someone who practiced 9 Yum inner power and 9 Yum only be able to wield that kind destructive force?
    9 Yang is actually the opposite of what you said. 9 Yang method is to be calm and stable, also to use soft over hard. If you notice that Wudang and Emei both use soft inner energy coming from 9 Yang.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Cheung Mo Gei had the shortcut of the Can't Say Monk's bag; Gwok Jing never had anything like that.

I'm confused to exactly how much that benefitted him...still I'd say that trapped in that bag for a few hours should not equal to the tens of years the other Greats trained for. I think 9 Yang has the advantage in the inner strength department.

Wat exactly happend in the bag? In the series it just shows him using his inner strength to break out of the bag. This was at the time where Seng Kwun told everyone how he set Tse Tsun up isn't it?? And then ZMG just used his energy to blow out of the bag cause he was so mad...
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Sing Kwun was also hitting it and everything added up into a super pressure cooking bag.. somehow everything seemed to build up and accelerate his completion or progress?