Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: HUANG RONG vs. XIAO LONG NU DEBATE

I wonder why people that say GJ>YG would also say HR>XLN. I mean if HR can beat XLN out of intelligence by using tricks why wouldn't YG win over GJ by using tricks also, he's much more intelligent then GJ?

And is there somewhere in the book that says that Sword Maiden Technique with two personne is better than with only one person using L/R tech?

And if L/R doesn't enable XLN to perform her swordplay completly being alone then why would we think that GJ be able to both perform 9yin and 18 palm at the same time with the same efficiency as when he uses just one technique alone?

Also if we consider Dog Beating Stick to be like DG9J( but I think that's it's weaker cause no Chi breacking stance) so it wouldn't be effective against faster opponent and XLN is undisputly faster then HR.

Even if HR has better internal power it's not a valid argument alone to say HR > XLN. A lot of time we see people with better internal energy would lose to someone with less.

XLN could not beat GWM with LR-tech and PHOJM(actually i dont think YG could either right after he finished dugu training) while YG + XLN using same tech could(at very least put him in danger of defeat and retreat and make him think he would lose) also i dont think HR is far below XLN tech wise. From what i read JM sword tech made up for wekanesses in QZ tech both supported each other yet there are no real moves used to kill in the tecnique (i doubt this is the same with QZ sword tech though) would this play a factor since XLN proboally did not know this fact?

Also if we consider Dog Beating Stick to be like DG9J( but I think that's it's weaker cause no Chi breacking stance) so it wouldn't be effective against faster opponent and XLN is undisputly faster then HR.
    Against HR i dont think XLN would move so fast that HR wouldnt be able to block the move.
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 04-20-04 at 11:52 PM.

Originally posted by yu
    I wonder why people that say GJ>YG would also say HR>XLN. I mean if HR can beat XLN out of intelligence by using tricks why wouldn't YG win over GJ by using tricks also, he's much more intelligent then GJ?

It's the same, both side of supportors mutually supports the hero's companion.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by duguxiaojing
    XLN could not beat GWM with LR-tech and PHOJM(actually i dont think YG could either right after he finished dugu training) while YG + XLN using same tech could(at very least put him in danger of defeat and retreat and make him think he would lose)
    I think that when XLN fought with GWM with L\R he must have got pretty better since it's been quite a while from the first fight with her and YG.

Ummmm....., I don't think it's likely because this would probably make GLFW 'pretty better' than the Greats since they are roughly the same at least in terms of internal energy. It was only around 3 years since GLFW first fought YG and XLN that time, can't improve too much. But probably some improvements.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    It's the same, both side of supportors mutually supports the hero's companion.
    Not quite. I'm a true believer that Guo Jing is better than Yang Guo.

But... I do think that Xiao Lung No has a slight edge in martial arts ability and techniques compared to Huang Rong; however, techniques alone DOES NOT guarantee a win in a fight, Intellegence does, especially when the differences between them are only by a slight margin. And for someone as the genius as Huang Rong I think it's very likely that her intellegence will prevail over the not-so-bright Little Dragon Girl.

Originally posted by Temujin
    Not quite. I'm a true believer that Guo Jing is better than Yang Guo.

But... I do think that Xiao Lung No has a slight edge in martial arts ability and techniques compared to Huang Rong; however, techniques alone DOES NOT guarantee a win in a fight, Intellegence does, especially when the differences between them are only by a slight margin. And for someone as the genius as Huang Rong I think it's very likely that her intellegence will prevail over the not-so-bright Little Dragon Girl.
    I think that in term of martial arts and internal energie if GJ is better than YG, the difference between GJ and YG is probably less then the one separating XLN from HR. Anyway I'm still not convince that GJ > YG I would actually go for a draw.

At the end of ROCH I don't think that XLN is still as dumb as at the beginning of ROCH. So between XLN and GJ I not sure who has better IQ.

And if HR can come up with a way to overcome XLN why would YG not be able to overcome GJ by using is intelligent too?

Im not sure XLN is dumb in that sense shes more gulliable and innocent but im not sure shes slow in the head or anything......i mean not like ZBT or anything(no offense to him he rocks).

I think when it comes to intelligent fights, YG is probably not as good as HR. YG do have an inclination of using real martial arts only in battle. Like how he fought ZBT, and GLFW. While HR proves to excel more on intelligence.

I don't think we should consider each character's potential, i.e. giving Huang Rong a icy bed etc etc and then saying she's better, because then she is no longer Huang Rong. They chose to live their life the way they did, so their martial arts had to suffer.

Originally posted by duguxiaojing
    Im not sure XLN is dumb in that sense shes more gulliable and innocent but im not sure shes slow in the head or anything......i mean not like ZBT or anything(no offense to him he rocks).
    Agree. She's not as dumb as the beginning of ROCH, however, she's clueless about the world around here and very narrow-minded, not to mention the only thing in her mind is always Yang Guo. No matter how much she improves intellegently, HR is way way way up there. HR has been said to be equivallent of ZhugeLiang.

Default ......

hmmm, i go for XLN
    Little Dragon Girl

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

Default Huang Rong vs. Xiao Long Nuu

i dont kno if this thread has ever been started.....but wat do u alls think???????
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

i got this off of a website.....but i dont think its 2 rite......wat do u think??????

Wong Yung vs. Siu Long Lui

By: Ken Cheng

Let's break it down in terms of kung fu skills, other skills or knowledge, and parapherenelia/weapons.

WONG YUNG
    Kung Fu Skills:
    1. Peach Blossom Island kung fu
    2. Beat Dog Stick Technique
    3. 9 Yum Jen Ging (complete)
    Other Skills:
    1. Great Tactical Mind
    2. Great skill at deception/trickery; can predict others' actions and tendencies.
    3. Knowledge of traps, mazes, etc.
    Paraphernelia:
    1. Soft Body Armor can deflect blows from swords and incoming projectiles (less effective against blunt attacks)

LITTLE DRAGON GIRL
    Kung Fu Skills:
    1. Ancient Tomb Sect kung fu (includes Yuk Lui Sword Technique and Yuk Lui Sum Ging inner power)
    2. Cheun Jen Sect kung fu
    3. Left/Right Hand Technique
    4. Superior Ancient Tomb Sect hing gung (lightness)
    5. 9 Yum Jen Ging (very little)
    Other Skills:
    1. Can command honeybees to attack enemies
    Paraphernelia:
    1. Robe ribbons can be used as weapons
    2. Honeybee needles

As we saw in RETURN OF THE CONDOR HEROES, the Ancient Tomb Sect Sword Technique and the Cheun Jen Sect Sword Technique were awesome when used in tandem. Little Dragon Girl and Yeung Gor used these combined techniques to drive off the Golden Wheel Monk on more than one occassion, and after Chow Bak Tung taught Little Dragon Girl the Left/Right Hand Technique, Little Dragon Girl was able to wield both sword techniques simultaneously even without Yeung Gor. However, the Beat Dog Stick Technique was one of two techniques that made North Beggar Hung 7 Gung one of the Greats of the martial world, and he had passed this skill on to Wong Yung. This is potentially a wash.

Most significantly, Wong Yung knew the complete 9 Yum Jen Ging. It was established in ROCH that 9 Yum Jen Ging can neutralize both the Ancient Tomb Sect and the Cheun Jen Sect's kung fu techniques. This will give Little Dragon Girl tremendous trouble.

Little Dragon Girl can command her honeybees to attack Wong Yung, but Wong Yung's soft body armor protects her from their stingers (as well as Little Dragon Girl's other weapons, except the soft ribbon). Also, if Wong Yung knew who she was up against, she'd likely take precautions against the honeybees.

Finally, Wong Yung would use strategy to defeat Little Dragon Girl if she cannot overpower her (which is unlikely anyway). NOTE: Wong Yung's cunning is not limited to her mouth. If Little Dragon Girl proves unsusceptible to Wong Yung's blandishments, Wong Yung will find other personality weaknesses with which to weaken Little Dragon Girl's resolve.

Finally, Wong Yung might simply trap Little Dragon Girl in one of her traps/mazes.

VERDICT: Wong Yung wins.
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Ken Cheng is one of the senior members of this forum.

* Yawnzzz *

Xiao Long Nu will win. Don't bother arguing with me or I'll start using the "Grand Unified Theory Of Wuxia Fiction" as well as a whole truckload of mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    * Yawnzzz *

Xiao Long Nu will win. Don't bother arguing with me or I'll start using the "Grand Unified Theory Of Wuxia Fiction" as well as a whole truckload of mathematics.
    Most people won't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Most people won't get it.

That would suit me too. At least that would deter any potential opposition.

* Yawnzzz *

It does depend on how you're looking at it. I believe your formulae does not include the fact that HR is pregnant. Or XLN gradually losing her internal energy because she strayed from the teachings of her sect. Or Linghu Chong having those malignant energy forces in his body. (My understanding from your link is that it doesn't, correct me if I'm wrong)

Based on the novel I'd say XLN would win. HR had some problem with Gongsun Zhi, while XLN was an even match for people like Jinlun, Gongsun Zhi, and the combination of Xiaoxiangzi + Nimoxing + Yi Kexi.

But based on theorycraft, I'd say HR. How else would YG be able to beat people like Huo Du and Daerba at Heroes Meet, or Jinlun and Nimoxing outside the cave.

That would suit me too. At least that would deter any potential opposition.
    I believe most people start topics like this not because they want an answer but because they want to talk about the characters. It's like talking about the World Cup before the results are out.

No one talks about Guo Jing vs Lu You jiao. It's always a matchup where there is room for discussion.
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

Icy although I respect the fact that you are attempting unification, but I have to point out that your equation is far from complete. The values you give each character are subjective and so is your equation. It's the same as I saying that HR would win because i give her values of 9,5,4,8 and xln 5,7,4,6, and I choose to have an equation where I add all the variables together.

Based on the book, XLN would win against HR at the pinnicles of their respective power. If we bring intelligence into this, then its obvious HR would win. But so what? HR won using intel against GJ, OYF and OYK. And we can argue that YG would win against GJ, cause he's more street smart.