View Poll Results: Who is the strongest?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dugu Qui Bai 3 swords

22 27.16%
  • Sweeper monk

37 45.68%
  • nine yin creator

3 3.70%
  • nine yan creator

1 1.23%
  • smiling proud wanderer monk

0 0%
  • Dongfang Bubai sunflower manual

1 1.23%
  • Ren Woxing star sucking skills

1 1.23%
  • Wong Chong Yang

1 1.23%
  • Shi Potian Hap Hak Hang-don't know if anyone know him.

7 8.64%
  • Zhang Sanfeng tai chi

8 9.88%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Martial Artist of the Jin Yong Universe

Quote Originally Posted by SkineePanda
    If we go by the deterioration theory, the yueh maiden should reign supreme. God knos what people are capable back then at the warring states period
    Nope. Cause the Yueh maiden doesn't even know inner energy and while her sword moves were brilliant, it doesn't even match up to the level of a Quen Zhen 2nd generation.

If we go by the deterioration theory, the yueh maiden should reign supreme. God knos what people are capable back then at the warring states period
    I don't think their martial art were that strong, they were mainly famous for weapon. The weapons make during the warring states were said to be unmatched even with today standard especially during the Spring and Autumn Warring period. Not sure, I think it was the beginning of the bronze age or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Some but not all.

Remember that in DGSD, JMZ displayed some martial techniques, i think, Prana Palm, that the Abbot subsequently proved to him was created by Shaolin elders and not Damo.
    thanks, I have asked that question in the past, but no one answer me.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Nope. Cause the Yueh maiden doesn't even know inner energy and while her sword moves were brilliant, it doesn't even match up to the level of a Quen Zhen 2nd generation.
    She defeated internal energy without internal energy. Ahh...never saw that coming, huh?

And simplicity beats complexity. Another Dugu rhetoric.

She defeated internal energy without internal energy. Ahh...never saw that coming, huh?

And simplicity beats complexity. Another Dugu rhetoric.
    the thing is she doesn't defeat people with internal energy

What kungfu does Sweeper Monk know?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    What kungfu does Sweeper Monk know?
    Nobody knows for sure. He was at Shaolin, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he was using Shaolin martial arts. Some have speculated that he was using Siu Yiu Sect martial arts...at a level even higher than the three Siu Yiu Sect elders. Others have speculated that what the Janitor Monk used was beyond martial arts altogether and was some sort of divine power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Nobody knows for sure. He was at Shaolin, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he was using Shaolin martial arts. Some have speculated that he was using Siu Yiu Sect martial arts...at a level even higher than the three Siu Yiu Sect elders. Others have speculated that what the Janitor Monk used was beyond martial arts altogether and was some sort of divine power.
    Interesting. Perhaps he had alot of knowledge of shaolin kunfu as well as Siu Yiu sect's and created his own. Which story did the sweeper monk appear in?

Interesting. Perhaps he had alot of knowledge of shaolin kunfu as well as Siu Yiu sect's and created his own. Which story did the sweeper monk appear in?
    DEMIGODS & SEMIDEVILS. He showed up only briefly, but he swiftly put an end to a bloody conflict that lasted for nearly thirty years. He subdued two of the greatest fighters ever (we're talking about at least as good as the L/ROCH Greats, if not better) as easily as you or I would subdue an ant.

Yes. He's that powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    DEMIGODS & SEMIDEVILS. He showed up only briefly, but he swiftly put an end to a bloody conflict that lasted for nearly thirty years. He subdued two of the greatest fighters ever (we're talking about at least as good as the L/ROCH Greats, if not better) as easily as you or I would subdue an ant.

Yes. He's that powerful.
    ok I have to rewatch DGSD. I havent seen that in over a decade.

anyone has ant idea hw damo compare to sweeper ?

For me, I think is Guo Jing

deleted no text
    Last edited by Yeung Gor; 10-21-04 at 09:30 AM.

sweepmonk can kill guo jing by sweeping dust at him

Quote Originally Posted by starz_jing
    For me, I think is Guo Jing
    Yup I agree. GJ and YG would both kill Sweeper Monk.

GJ and YJ kill sweeps ??? i think u probably havent read the novel. even the mighty qiaofeng who was undefeated only managed to break a few ribs. and he was using full force. even if Gj and YG teamed up, sweeps can kill the both of them while scratching his ***. qiaofeng will own GJ or YG 1 on 1. and sweeper will own qiaofeng. therefore he will clearly own both Gj and YG

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    GJ and YJ kill sweeps ??? i think u probably havent read the novel. even the mighty qiaofeng who was undefeated only managed to break a few ribs. and he was using full force. even if Gj and YG teamed up, sweeps can kill the both of them while scratching his ***. qiaofeng will own GJ or YG 1 on 1. and sweeper will own qiaofeng. therefore he will clearly own both Gj and YG
    LOL Everyone has their opinions, since they never faught, we can draw our own conclusions. haha of course I'm expecting alot of criticism haha

but in this case, theres no room for personal opinions. no offence. but sweeps killed murong bo and siao yuan san. they died in 1 hit. they cant even retaliate. u may argue that they were caught off guard but even if they werent they would only scratch him. xiao yuan san and murong bo were VERY powerful. they're no garden variety fighters. each of them are about qiaofeng equals. to paint a clearer picture since u probably havent read tian long ba bu, supposing that the yang guo and guo jing each have a fighting level of 6. qiaofeng, murong bo and xiao yuan san would be 7 or 8. and sweeper monk would be 10. so theres really no contest. he can take on both guo jing and yang guo, u can even throw in wang chong yang and the 3 of them would still lose in less than 10 moves.

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    but in this case, theres no room for personal opinions. no offence. but sweeps killed murong bo and siao yuan san. they died in 1 hit. they cant even retaliate. u may argue that they were caught off guard but even if they werent they would only scratch him. xiao yuan san and murong bo were VERY powerful. they're no garden variety fighters. each of them are about qiaofeng equals. to paint a clearer picture since u probably havent read tian long ba bu, supposing that the yang guo and guo jing each have a fighting level of 6. qiaofeng, murong bo and xiao yuan san would be 7 or 8. and sweeper monk would be 10. so theres really no contest. he can take on both guo jing and yang guo, u can even throw in wang chong yang and the 3 of them would still lose in less than 10 moves.
    Let's assume what u say is true, GJ and YG is both level 6. Sweeper is 10. 6+6 = 12, 12 > 10.. how can you not say GJ and YG both not kill Sweeper? hehe

But in my opinion, I don't hold the idea that the martial arts of L/ROCH is weaker than that of DGSD simply because 9 yin and Dugu's kungfu was not present in DGSD, and these two arts esp 9 yin has proven itself thru time. Who really knows how these two powerful art would do in DGSD, perhaps what Sweeper knows was in fact another version of 9 yin thru taoist teachings. In other words, GJ and YG could in fact be level 10s.
    Last edited by Yeung Gor; 10-21-04 at 09:37 AM.

As you mentioned that sweeper defeated those to awesome fighters with just 1 blow respectively out of suprise, then that already weaken his accomplishment. A little girl can kill any great swordsman with a suprise stab with a knife, it doesnt indicate the little girl is tougher than the swordsman.

Sweeper has never faced anyone like GJ or YG, esp with the new art 9 Yin, which has a mind-control technique in it. What if they use that and Sweeper is hypnotized? They can kill him with ease afterwards...

As you mentioned that sweeper defeated those to awesome fighters with just 1 blow respectively out of suprise, then that already weaken his accomplishment. A little girl can kill any great swordsman with a suprise stab with a knife, it doesnt indicate the little girl is tougher than the swordsman.

Sweeper has never faced anyone like GJ or YG, esp with the new art 9 Yin, which has a mind-control technique in it. What if they use that and Sweeper is hypnotized? They can kill him with ease afterwards...
    It wasn't out of surprise. Murong Bo was said to have taken a perfect flawless defensive stance in anticipation of the Sweeper Monk but was struck down in 1 move anyway. The move wasn't even a move and was more a projection of his will. The way JY describes it, very much like if he had divine powers.