Thread: Question about GJ,HR,YG

Default Question about GJ,HR,YG

how many people do you think knew the exploits of these three people in HSDS? do you think that they were even remembered in Smiling Proud Wanderer?
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Probably only those experienced in the martial arts world. The degree of knowledge would also be extremely limited. Using ZSF as a benchmark, not many knew exactly what GJ, HR and YG did. I'd say ZSF had the best basis in history, as he was the one of the only few to live at the same time as GJ/HR/YG. Even he didn't get good accounts of the history.

Default Re: Question about GJ,HR,YG

Originally posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    how many people do you think knew the exploits of these three people in HSDS? do you think that they were even remembered in Smiling Proud Wanderer?
    Yang Xiao knew that Guo Xiang was nick-named 'little east wicked' so most people must have known something.

I think Cheung Chui San and/or Cheung Mo Gei had a conversation or two with Tse Tsun during which Gwok Jing's name came up.

I think they should at least be quite well known if the people in HSDS knew their history. Since GJ and HR were the ones who postponed the invasion of Mongols by defending the most importat city of the Song Dynasty for decades, such a large part of history should be known to the general people.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Yeung Gor should have been famous too. He did, after all, kill Mongke Khan (although this was probably the most flagrant conflict with history that Jin Yong ever wrote into his novels; the historical Mongke was killed not by Yeung Gor, but by a severe case of food poisoning).

Default Re: Question about GJ,HR,YG

Originally posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    Er Mei Sect is not mentioned in Smiling Proud Wanderer, aka State of Divinity (SOD). Suppose that Er Mei exists during SOD, at least the students in those sects might know something about Gwok Jing and Huang Rong. Do you think they learn about the biography of the founder of their sect? If yes, at least, Gwok Jing and Huang Rong should be referred to and perhaps the lessons refer to Yang Guo as well.

I think that there was a comment about the poison that WXB used to melt corpse away was developed by OYF. So possibly there are still a few people that have some familiarity of names in the Condor Trilogy.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Though many people still knew of GJ, HR and YG as historical heroes, there can't be too many that know the exact fighting-style repertoires of each or have detailed accounts of each adventure.

I don't think normal people of wuling would know much in details of GJ's and HR's adventure even in the LOCH.
    Last edited by superboy; 04-16-04 at 09:03 PM.

Default Re: Re: Question about GJ,HR,YG

Originally posted by Thai guy
    Er Mei Sect is not mentioned in Smiling Proud Wanderer, aka State of Divinity (SOD).
    I think it was mentioned. Athena also posted something on this matter in the other thread. If I can find it, I will link it here.

Got it. Here you go: Ngor Mei at the end of HSDS.

Hey, Rabadi

Thanks for the link.

Guo Jing and Yang Guo were very well-known in HSDS.
    Last edited by sarakoth; 04-09-07 at 04:00 PM.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

emei sect exist, but it's taoist. GJ, HR and YG a famous heros of the past in HSDS.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/