Thread: Martial arts level of See For Lung (HSDS)?

Default Martial arts level of See For Lung (HSDS)?

What was the martial arts level of the Beggar's Union Chief See For Lung from HEAVEN SWORD & DRAGON SABRE? See For Lung was killed by Sing Kwun, but I understand it wasn't easy. See For Lung gave Sing Kwun a good fight, and I think Sing Kwun was even wounded before he finally succeeded in killing See For Lung (which is very different from the depiction of this event in TVB's HSDS '86 series, in which Sing Kwun laughingly threw See For Lung out a window with just one move). See For Lung could execute twelve of the Hong Lung 18 Palms and ostensibly would have known the complete Beat Dog Stick Technique because he was the Beggar Union's Chief.

IMHO, Chief Shi was probably around YX level... okay, perhaps a bit less than that.

Wasn't he powerful? I remember that Seng Kwun only seemed to beat him because he was attacked from behind and then was beaten real bad. But every time seng kwun hit him he hit bak as well and seng kwun would just fly bak.
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

He lost because while he was performing the HL18Z with insufficient amount of internal energy injury himself.

But I think in the 2nd version, he didn't even know the HL18Z. It had long disappeared already. So I don't how he lost in the 2nd version.

Wat? HL18Z lost??? Wah!! Probably because they shld hav it written down, hidden away, instead of passing on thru their mouths......cause once the one person that noes it does its just gone 4ever and ever!
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

There are elders in the Beggar Clan who's job it is to pass down the kung fu are there not?

In the TVB 2002 Version See For Long was finished off in a move or 2. In the Taiwan version See For Long was not replaced but he was totally crap but in the end saw the light thanks to Z3F and worked together with Ming Cult against the Mongols.

It does perplex you when he is portrayed as totally crap.

Originally posted by kamii
    Wat? HL18Z lost??? Wah!! Probably because they shld hav it written down, hidden away, instead of passing on thru their mouths......cause once the one person that noes it does its just gone 4ever and ever!
    It was written down and hidden in the Heaven Sword with 9 Yin.