Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Stage Of Turbulence 《刀馬旦》

Default A Stage Of Turbulence 《刀馬旦》

just finished watching this series, and i never regretted buying this series! it's sooo good! totally love sunny chan here! so cute! however, if i have complaints of this series, i think it would be there are too many unneeded deaths of casts
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-30-08 at 08:12 PM.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Who else is in this serial?

vivian chow, sunny chan, patrick tam, fiona leung, roman tam, joyce koi, etc.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    vivian chow, sunny chan, patrick tam, fiona leung, roman tam, joyce koi, etc.
    Eh???????? What role did Roman Tam play?

I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Eh???????? What role did Roman Tam play?

Roman Tam played as a famous "Far Tan" (chinese opera) that helped the women troops to perform on the stage.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

cherie, I'm glad to bought this series. I agree with you that there are too many casts got killed in this series.

SPOILERS................

i am deeply saddened by the death of joyce koi and johnny teng i think they don't deserve to die! and they don't need to die! and also the girl johnny loved, so stupid to commit suicide and leave johnny to suffer
    cherrie

SPOILERS................

i am deeply saddened by the death of joyce koi and johnny teng i think they don't deserve to die! and they don't need to die! and also the girl johnny loved, so stupid to commit suicide and leave johnny to suffer
    Spoilers

Yeah, the girl that Johnny love is so sweet. She shouldn't commit suicide. I also agree that Joyce Koi and Johnny Teng don't deserve to die even the chinese opera Master, I cried when he died and left the poor girls by themselves to struggle to make a living.

well for me as much as it's sad to have the opera master die, at least he died a happy man right? but joyce and johnny died sadly my heart really went out to them. and so sad nobody ever found out that joyce was killed by her own dad
    cherrie

well for me as much as it's sad to have the opera master die, at least he died a happy man right? but joyce and johnny died sadly my heart really went out to them. and so sad nobody ever found out that joyce was killed by her own dad
    SPOILER.....

Actually when Joyce dressed up more feminine, she looked very pretty. I was hoping she will find a boyfriend who loves her coz in this series, she keeps saying she wants to find "love" that is why she decided to change herself. I was hoping that she will kill her father.

I think the most pitiful character is Patrick Tam but he shouldn't have killed Johnny since Johnny helped him to be a better person instead of getting tortured and bullied by that cruel couple.

who is joyce koi? I watched this series a LONG time ago. I only remember that Fional Leung liked sUnny chan, but he liked Vivian Chow. Vivian Chow lost her memory after her father died
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    who is joyce koi? I watched this series a LONG time ago. I only remember that Fional Leung liked sUnny chan, but he liked Vivian Chow. Vivian Chow lost her memory after her father died
    Joyce Koi played as a popular chinese opera performer but she had to disguised as a "man" since during those days, women are not allowed to perform on stage. Like a disgrace to the public.

well i do not pity patrick. sure he's tortured and all. but he should not have betrayed his friends and johnny. and the way he treated fiona just gets in my nerves. he doesn't even care abt his child
    cherrie

How long ago was this series? Was Sunny the lead?

i think It was made in 1995, so I'd say about 11 years ago.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

yes, sunny's the lead...a very dashing lead
    cherrie

I really liked this series due to its memorable ending (when vivian dropped the cup). Sunny was really cute back then... but i actually only noticed him in Once upon a time in Shanghai. Oozes of charm

WHOA!! 11 yrs that so long ago. I dun think I'll be able to see it

The oldes series I got of him was Criminal Investigaton I. He was geeky funny..lol..

agree! he's so handsome in once upon a time in shanghai
    cherrie

Yes, Sunny is charming and handsome in once Upon A Time in China. In Stage of Turbulence, he is the perfect match with Vivian Chow compare to Fiona Leung.