Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: The Bund 《上海灘》

Just finished rewatching the new DVD set I got for the Bund. The show is still just as good as before. One tid bit my buddy mentioned that I never noticed in the past. Hui Man Keung does a Marlon Brando Godfather imitation to make Ching Ching laugh. He was speaking in Fung Gung Yiu's perspective but the imitiation is definitely the Godfather, but the movie wasn't made yet in the Bund setting

I think I like Ding Lik's character even more this time around. He has his moments of being super jealous and impulsive. But what I liked about his character is his loyalty to Hui Man Keung. No matter how much he hated him at times during the show, he never wanted to kill him. He was the only one to refer Hui Man Keung as "hing dai", but Man Keung never really said the same back to him. Even after what they have gone through, before they kill Lip Yan Wong, Ding Lik says that if they are successful, they should be brothers again. I'm such a sucker for bromance type scenes and Ding Lik was always a good bro.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Just finished rewatching the new DVD set I got for the Bund. The show is still just as good as before. One tid bit my buddy mentioned that I never noticed in the past. Hui Man Keung does a Marlon Brando Godfather imitation to make Ching Ching laugh. He was speaking in Fung Gung Yiu's perspective but the imitiation is definitely the Godfather, but the movie wasn't made yet in the Bund setting

I think I like Ding Lik's character even more this time around. He has his moments of being super jealous and impulsive. But what I liked about his character is his loyalty to Hui Man Keung. No matter how much he hated him at times during the show, he never wanted to kill him. He was the only one to refer Hui Man Keung as "hing dai", but Man Keung never really said the same back to him. Even after what they have gone through, before they kill Lip Yan Wong, Ding Lik says that if they are successful, they should be brothers again. I'm such a sucker for bromance type scenes and Ding Lik was always a good bro.
    Hui Mun Keung was always the less verbally communicative of the duo...that was one of Hui Mun Keung's defining characteristics and character flaws (as seen in the earlier episodes when his reticence caused misunderstandings between himself and Ah Lik and Ching Ching). Hui Mun Keung saved Ding Lik's life on at least three occasions, though, and helped to make Ding Lik everything he would become.