Thread: Questions

Default Questions

1) When CMG's grandfather fought one of the brothers of Wudang (I think it was the 4th brother) , they tied. Was he really that weak? If so, how come he created his own sect?

2) How good was Yeung Siu? What kind of weapons did YS use?
    Last edited by anatoly_karpov; 04-17-04 at 02:40 PM.

Default Re: Questions

Originally posted by anatoly_karpov

I think Yeung Siu is quite good. At least, he can be on par with Mei Jue of Er Mei. I do not think he has any special weapons apart from the normal sword.

Default Re: Questions

Originally posted by anatoly_karpov
    1) When CMG's grandfather fought one of the brothers of Wudang (I think it was the 4th brother) , they tied. Was he really that weak? If so, how come he created his own sect?

Heh you confused me for a second, you mean Yan So So's father. My guess is he wasn't really weak in his kung fu, he's just getting old and his old body is failing him?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

You're referring to the battle at Kuang Ming Peak? I don't think the Eagle King actually lost a fight there, at least not to Wudang.

Wuji and Xiao Chao come out of the tunnel, and rush to the peak to see Eagle King in internal energy deadlock with 4th Uncle. 4th Uncle then loses by a narrow margin (being a gentleman, he doesn't press his attack and concedes). Eagle King probably wasn't using his full power as he wanted to try and save up enough energy to face all the other opponents. 7th Uncle then comes and fights with swordplay, and using his soft sword manages to wound Eagle King but loses the fight because he opens himself during the stroke and would have lost his life had Eagle King not stopped his attack. After offering some medicine to help staunch the bleeding of the Eagle King, 1st Uncle then takes Eagle King on with a few airy strokes, challenging Eagle King to a battle of technique without internal energy (to make things fairer), at which point one of the Kongdong elders gets impatient and charges in, but gets beaten up by Eagle King (1st Uncle has retired by now). The big Kongdong elder, seeing Eagle King completely exhausted, then moves in for the kill and kicks a stone at his head, after which point Eagle King is finally defeated. Enter Zhang Wuji.

At least that's how the comics portrayed it, and it's similar to the 1979 version.
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 04-17-04 at 04:44 PM.

I have only seen the '86 adaption, I'm not sure how accurate that is, however.

1. Wasn't the YTZ fighting many great fighters one after one, and that tired him out (plus his age)?

2. YX would be pancaked by the Two Xuan Ming Elders, but should be equal to FY. He should be above average, but not one of the best.

I don't remember him using any specific weapon, just mostly hands and legs. But the '79 version had him clubbing everyone with a fan!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

YX wasn't that bad. Knowing 2nd level of Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi, he took on all the Ming elders before ZK snuck in and injured everyone.

Eagle Man was pretty good too, as good as any Wudang fighter.

I think if Ming seniors weren't injured, the 6 sects would not have been able to get them.

Originally posted by charbydis
    1. Wasn't the YTZ fighting many great fighters one after one, and that tired him out (plus his age)?
    Yea, I remember he was already worn out before he was fighting against Wudang.

Yea because every1 was already worn out and he was the last fighter left or somethin, he had to keep fighting even thought he was injured and tired.
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Originally posted by hermit
    YX wasn't that bad. Knowing 2nd level of Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi, he took on all the Ming elders before ZK snuck in and injured everyone.

Eagle Man was pretty good too, as good as any Wudang fighter.

I think if Ming seniors weren't injured, the 6 sects would not have been able to get them.
    I know he wasn't that bad. In fact, people (Sorry, I forgot who) commented that his skills of transformation from one weapon to another were amazing. and the way how he was described when he first appeared in the novel really showed off his control and qing gong. and he needed to be hit two times with the Yin Imaginary Finger by SK to be defeated.

But I still think that the Xuan Ming Elders were better, especially in the fights towards the end.

Can anybody help?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

hmm...actually ytz(as in yin tian zheng not you tanzhi) was the only one still standing...

ytz is pretty good during yuan dynasty, but then again so were the wu dang 7 xia... but really ytz was trully tired out like hell... but when it came to techniques he could do nothing but praise the 7 heroes and zhang san feng. so yes...ytz is good...

yx is good, really good, hes probably the second strongest fighter in the ming sect...however hes still nowhere near the best fighters of the yuan dynasty, hes better than ytz for one thing
    Last edited by Zhang San Feng; 04-19-04 at 05:22 AM.

Were XX, YTZ and YX sworn brothers or did the script writers of "Golden Hair Lion" just make up bs.....
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

well all members of the ming sect were kinda brother like...even more so were the 4 da fa wang....goldern hair lion, white brow eagle, green bat and purple scarf? (not sure) dragon...were all close and treated each other as brothers and sister. then theres yx and his buddy fys who also were like brothers...then theres the lesser ppl like suo bu de and zuo bie and etc