Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Joey Meng (Yee Man) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I've seen American cartoons of celebrities and they're able to retain some facial characteristics that distinctively resemble the real person yet still make it cartoonish. It's possible.
    Ken, Suet Seung is right about this part. I think her face is alittle chubby compare to Meng Yee Man (I always thought its Man Yee Man). I have seen how it works. The face, especially. The face is the key to a character's resemblance.

I like this piece of artwork. The lines and sketch are smooth and neat.

I can't say I'm a fan of MYM, but she's one of my favourite actresses.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Ken, Suet Seung is right about this part. I think her face is alittle chubby compare to Meng Yee Man (I always thought its Man Yee Man). I have seen how it works. The face, especially. The face is the key to a character's resemblance.
    Most of the photos you've seen of Meng Yee Man on the Internet generally date from 1997 or later. Like many other HK actresses, Joey Meng slimmed down (not that she was fat to begin with) to suit the "anemic" look so popular this past decade (a trend that I personally detest, but I don't dictate trends). I had the artist base the drawing on a younger Joey from early in her career (1989-1996), when she still had a little "baby fat" on her. I think she was most beautiful during that period (she's been way too skinny the past few years, which actually has made her look older than she really should).

I like this piece of artwork. The lines and sketch are smooth and neat.
    roger's friend is a good artist, I agree.

I can't say I'm a fan of MYM, but she's one of my favourite actresses.
    Is there a difference?

Actually, there is, but we won't quibble over details.

I wonder how Joey would feel about being turned into a manga/anime character...one that drives huge robotic war machines to boot. It'd be very different from her ATV roles, that for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    1) Most of the photos you've seen of Meng Yee Man on the Internet generally date from 1997 or later. Like many other HK actresses, Joey Meng slimmed down (not that she was fat to begin with) to suit the "anemic" look so popular this past decade (a trend that I personally detest, but I don't dictate trends). I had the artist base the drawing on a younger Joey from early in her career (1989-1996), when she still had a little "baby fat" on her. I think she was most beautiful during that period (she's been way too skinny the past few years, which actually has made her look older than she really should).

2) roger's friend is a good artist, I agree.

3) Is there a difference?

Actually, there is, but we won't quibble over details.

4) I wonder how Joey would feel about being turned into a manga/anime character...one that drives huge robotic war machines to boot. It'd be very different from her ATV roles, that for sure!
    1) Do you have your pieces of artwork to share? May I suggest you drop by my created thread "Art Galleria". That thread is not all about me but I'm keen to learn of how good others do. Please advise.

2) I think every artist has his/her individual talent. I'm not motivated to draw in manga style. I am somehow stuck with that cartoony style despite the fact that I'm trying a breakthrough. My plus-point will be, I'm rather particular about the expressions on my characters. A good or bad artist to me, is not on the skills. Drawing is the heart plus practice. But the attitude towards Art, is what makes a good or bad artist.

3) Haha, I reckon Joey is your kind of ideal girl. Pardon me, the nosy-parker. And yes, I think you know what I mean (I can't explain the differences but there is a difference). I usually pay attention to an actor/actress on their personality projection. The attitude, is the key to that X factor.

4) I think she may want to try such a role.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    1) Do you have your pieces of artwork to share? May I suggest you drop by my created thread "Art Galleria". That thread is not all about me but I'm keen to learn of how good others do. Please advise.
    I have a few pieces related to my fanfic, but roger has more, I believe. Have to wait for him to come online to see.

3) Haha, I reckon Joey is your kind of ideal girl. Pardon me, the nosy-parker. And yes, I think you know what I mean (I can't explain the differences but there is a difference).
    She's been my dream girl for the past seventeen or eighteen years. Go figure.

4) I think she may want to try such a role.
    It'd be a nice change of pace from vampire slayer...military combat pilot of high-tech war machines.

Of course, she'd have to play a much younger role than her real age: Joey is currently thirty-six, but the character Jolie Minh from my fanfic is only sixteen (a whole twenty years younger!).

Hey, roger:

Don't know when you'll see this because you don't log on often, but your friend Andrew did a bang up job for me doing this non-baby version of Joey Meng/Jolie Minh sitting at her computer:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/734/crosslegged3finalht7.jpg')

*This* I'm certain I can use somewhere in my fanfic.
    Hey, that's pretty good! Almost better than the one Drew did for me! lol!

I've been reading your Gundam fanfic. It's some interesting stuff though I'm not into Gundam. Jolie Minh does seem like a character Joey Meng could play!

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/239/kokohomewithbabyhr8.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/734/crosslegged3finalht7.jpg')
    I really like these! They are so cute! I think the drawings really do like alot like Joey especially when she was younger.

Ken your fanfic has Joey as a character? Cool! Maybe I'll read it even though I'm not really into stuff like Gundam. That's more a guy thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle P View Post
    I really like these! They are so cute! I think the drawings really do like alot like Joey especially when she was younger.

Ken your fanfic has Joey as a character? Cool! Maybe I'll read it even though I'm not really into stuff like Gundam. That's more a guy thing!
    Long time no see, Michelle.

Do give the fanfic a try (start with Part 1). The story does focus on high-tech, sci-fi mecha war, but there's plenty of character-driven material there as well. Joey's "role" is one of the main characters of the story.

Long time no see, Michelle.

Do give the fanfic a try (start with Part 1). The story does focus on high-tech, sci-fi mecha war, but there's plenty of character-driven material there as well. Joey's "role" is one of the main characters of the story.
    Hey, Ken!

I admit I didn't read the whole thing. I just skipped to some parts with Joey's character in it!

But I like how you wrote the character Jolie. She seems to be a really tough and sassy girl. Lots of spirit and can kick butt to when she has to! Joey had some roles like this in ATV. Not exactly like Jolie (luv the name by the way, really clever way of using Joey's real name in a interesting way for a chara).

One thing I wish is that you didn't write Jolie to be such a scatterbrain sometimes. I know she's a teen but I kind of wish Jolie had it together a little more. Just me I guess lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle P View Post
    Hey, Ken!

I admit I didn't read the whole thing. I just skipped to some parts with Joey's character in it!

But I like how you wrote the character Jolie. She seems to be a really tough and sassy girl. Lots of spirit and can kick butt to when she has to! Joey had some roles like this in ATV. Not exactly like Jolie (luv the name by the way, really clever way of using Joey's real name in a interesting way for a chara).

One thing I wish is that you didn't write Jolie to be such a scatterbrain sometimes. I know she's a teen but I kind of wish Jolie had it together a little more. Just me I guess lol!
    Glad you're enjoying the parts you've read.

Jolie Minh is a dynamic character, meaning she is one who changes and grows as the story develops. She begins the story as a naive, hot-tempered girl, but eventually, she grows into a very different sort of young woman. The fun of following her character is to see how it evolves, but you need to be patient: a long period of trial must be endured before Jolie arrives at maturity. Throughout this process, Athena Ibaz (the other main character of the story) is Jolie's foil and guide. Athena is Jolie's mentor, role model, and on occassion, her adversary.

there is a new sichuan documentary program on atv with joey meng
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKKaI4dbrNs

Who the hell is the girl in this article supposed to be?

The article is about Joey Meng, and the picture indicates that it's her, but that isn't Joey.

Not that this girl isn't good-looking, but unless Joey Meng has been through some drastic plastic surgery since we last saw her, we have a mystery woman here.

Who the hell is the girl in this article supposed to be?

The article is about Joey Meng, and the picture indicates that it's her, but that isn't Joey.

Not that this girl isn't good-looking, but unless Joey Meng has been through some drastic plastic surgery since we last saw her, we have a mystery woman here.
    That's mainland Chinese actress Qin Lan.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    That's mainland Chinese actress Qin Lan.
    I wonder how Ms. Qin's photo got attached to an article about Joey?

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Look GuGu-sensei is so innocent looking:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/picture.php?albumid=73&pictureid=771')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/picture.php?albumid=73&pictureid=772')
    What about Joey Me...er, Jolie Minh?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/641/joliesdreamxu0.jpg')

Make no mistake, though: Jolie may look innocent, but she's got a long laundry list of bad habits.

What about Joey Me...er, Jolie Minh?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/641/joliesdreamxu0.jpg')

Make no mistake, though: Jolie may look innocent, but she's got a long laundry list of bad habits.
    those thighs ken those thighs lol
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    those thighs ken those thighs lol
    Well, yeah. Both Joey and her GUNDAM universe counterpart, Jolie, have thighs to die for.

Well, yeah. Both Joey and her GUNDAM universe counterpart, Jolie, have thighs to die for.
    arnt u suppose to be promoting your fan fic
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hk.geocities.com/joeymeng104/photo60.jpg')
    thank goodness joey is not jolie

arnt u suppose to be promoting your fan fic
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hk.geocities.com/joeymeng104/photo60.jpg')
    thank goodness joey is not jolie
    It wouldn't surprise me if Joey and Jolie had some DNA in common. After all, Jolie lives about 200 years in the future. It could be that Jolie is Joey's great-great-great-great-great-great granddaughter.

It wouldn't surprise me if Joey and Jolie had some DNA in common. After all, Jolie lives about 200 years in the future. It could be that Jolie is Joey's great-great-great-great-great-great granddaughter.
    could be... hope not

does jolie know how to make tea??

could be... hope not
    Why not? They look identical, except that Jolie is shorter than Joey.

does jolie know how to make tea??
    Heh. I suppose so...although I generally write her as being hopeless in the kitchen!

In other rooms, however...