Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Joey Meng (Yee Man) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Maybe he has some kind of fetish. Is he japanese? hahahhaha
    I don't know if this Andrew fellow has a fetish, but that picture and this discussion has certainly burned the image of Joey squatting over a toilet into my head!

Seriously, though, roger. Andrew does have some pretty good artistic talent. I can't even draw a straight line, so I really do admire people who can draw so well.

Hey Ken! Check it out!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd320/rogerscnet/Sample3.jpg')

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Some pictures of Joey Meng and Jacky Lui from The Great General and the Yang Family.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i10.tinypic.com/4uyvy9f.jpg')

wow Joey Meng was the one who played Princess Mong Yuet in The Great General? I thought her name was Joey Man?

never thought the Joey from Ken's fic was the princess i loved in The Great General

by the way, roger, i dont think her boobs is that big
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Hey Ken! Check it out!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd320/rogerscnet/Sample3.jpg')
    Excellent as always. I'm assuming I can use this in my fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    wow Joey Meng was the one who played Princess Mong Yuet in The Great General? I thought her name was Joey Man?
    In its proper Cantonese pronunciation, that would be the correct Romanization of her surname. For some reason, however, some people with the last name "Man" (i.e. "ten thousand") choose to Romanize it "Meng."

never thought the Joey from Ken's fic was the princess i loved in The Great General
    Does that mean you'll stop hating on Jolie now?

I've been saying it all along in my asides on the fanfic.

The name "Jolie Minh" is a pun on "Joey Meng." Jolie is basically Joey in manga/anime form. The only difference is that while Joey is rather tall for an Asian girl, Jolie is a bit rinky dink.

by the way, roger, i dont think her boobs is that big
    I don't mind if roger's artist friends take a few artistic liberties

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Does that mean you'll stop hating on Jolie now?
    er, no. so long as her skills rival my Athena then no

I've been saying it all along in my asides on the fanfic.

The name "Jolie Minh" is a pun on "Joey Meng." Jolie is basically Joey in manga/anime form. The only difference is that while Joey is rather tall for an Asian girl, Jolie is a bit rinky dink.
    yeah i know you were talking bout this Joey Meng, my dear friend Ken, it's just i didnt think she was the Joey Man that i know from The Great General. honestly i never thought it was her until i saw SS's pic. it was so long ago since the last that i saw The Great General that i forgot much Princess Mong Yuet resembles your pictures of Joey Meng

I don't mind if roger's artist friends take a few artistic liberties
    and im sure the rest of your male readers wouldnt mind, either
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 09-08-07 at 12:21 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Joey didn't play Princess Mong Yuet in the Great General. She played the fortune teller's grand-daugther and she too inherited the skill of fortune telling.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Joey didn't play Princess Mong Yuet in the Great General. She played the fortune teller's grand-daugther and she too inherited the skill of fortune telling.
    yeah thats the princess mong yuet that i had in mind. didnt she started off as the fortune tellers grand-granddaughter and then got to know that she was actually a princess after a certain encounter?

or were they two different characters? geesh i forget, it was like almost ten years since i last saw TGG so please forgive the confusion. but i know she (the fortune teller girl that i thought was also Princess Mong Yuet) was a significant role in the series.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

yeah thats the princess mong yuet that i had in mind. didnt she started off as the fortune tellers grand-granddaughter and then got to know that she was actually a princess after a certain encounter?

or were they two different characters? geesh i forget, it was like almost ten years since i last saw TGG so please forgive the confusion. but i know she (the fortune teller girl that i thought was also Princess Mong Yuet) was a significant role in the series.

Ghosty,

The only Princess that I know of is the one is paired up with Damien Lau's character, Joey was just a grand-daughter of a famous fortune teller. And the Princess Ling-Er that married Yeung Man Kwong.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

yeah i remember now. Princess Mong Yuet paired up with Tik Cheng (i assume the role is played by Damien Lau?) while Joey hooked up with Jacky (he played an evil character rite?). And the cute Ling-er, who died real early in Part II, is Man Kwong's wife.

Well who did the role of Princess Mong Yuet then? i loved that character, after Muk Kwaiying by Mak Lai Hung (i hope i get this one right ) of course.
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 09-08-07 at 01:29 PM.

yeah i remember now. Princess Mong Yuet paired up with Tik Cheng (i assume the role is played by Damien Lau?) while Joey hooked up with Jacky (he played an evil character rite?). And the cute Ling-er, who died real early in Part II, is Man Kwong's wife.

Well who did the role of Princess Mong Yuet then? i loved that character, after Muk Kwaiying by Mak Lai Hung (i hope i get this one right ) of course.
    Oh, I don't know who that actress is.

er, no. so long as her skills rival my Athena then no
    Well, ghost, no matter what, Athena will *always* be the smarter of the two. You can count on Athena winning that particular contest every time.

and im sure the rest of your male readers wouldnt mind, either
    Heh. You know, in the fanfic, I've never described Jolie and Athena as particularly *busty*.

Oh, I don't know who that actress is.
    Mak Lai Hung was a Hong Kong actress of the 1980s and early 1990s. I'm not sure whatever became of her. She was a cast regular on TVB's classic ENJOY YOURSELF TONIGHT variety show for years during the 80s.

Mak Lai Hung was a Hong Kong actress of the 1980s and early 1990s. I'm not sure whatever became of her. She was a cast regular on TVB's classic ENJOY YOURSELF TONIGHT variety show for years during the 80s.
    I meant, I don't know who the actress that played the role of Princess Mong Yuet who paired up with Dik Ching (Damien Lau).

I meant, I don't know who the actress that played the role of Princess Mong Yuet who paired up with Dik Ching (Damien Lau).
    I don't know. Other than Joey Meng, I'm not familiar with ATV's roster of acting talent at all (other than TVB veterans of the 70s and 80s who defected to ATV during the 90s).

Hey Ken!

The drawing of Joey from this pic (http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=126) in your Gundam fanfic looks really hot. Did you get some artist to draw it?

Hey Ken!

The drawing of Joey from this pic (http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=126) in your Gundam fanfic looks really hot. Did you get some artist to draw it?
    That's an illustration by (no, not Jonah Michaels) Haruhiko Mikimoto, most famous for his work on MACROSS, ORGUSS, MEGAZONE 2-3, GUNBUSTER, and other mecha-oriented anime of the 1980s. Although Mikimoto is associated with mecha series, he generally didn't draw mecha; his specialty was drawing characters, especially attractive young girls.

This sample was an original piece by him done in the early 1980s. It looked like Jolie Minh/Joey Meng, so I used it as such.

Hey, Ken: here's a new version of an old illustration of Joey by my friend! Hope ya like!

Is Joey gonna make a comeback with ATV this year? It's been so long since we seen her!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/239/kokohomewithbabyhr8.jpg')

Hey, Ken: here's a new version of an old illustration of Joey by my friend! Hope ya like!

Is Joey gonna make a comeback with ATV this year? It's been so long since we seen her!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/239/kokohomewithbabyhr8.jpg')
    I like it. I like it alot!

Why is there a baby in her lap? And she's not wearing anything down there? Ummmmmm **

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Why is there a baby in her lap? And she's not wearing anything down there? Ummmmmm **
    My friend wasn't drawing Joey as her real self but as her character Ma Xiaoling from My Date with a vampire. The baby is Xiaoling and Tinyau's daughter Tinya.

And for the pants thing well lots of girls don't always wear pants when they wanna be comfortable at home!