Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Joey Meng (Yee Man) Thread

These drawings doesn't really look like her, even facial wise.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Being that they appear to be manga interpretations, that's probably to be expected. Real people seldom look exactly like anime characters, and vice-versa.

But she's recognizable, even in cartoon form.

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    My friend wasn't drawing Joey as her real self but as her character Ma Xiaoling from My Date with a vampire. The baby is Xiaoling and Tinyau's daughter Tinya.

And for the pants thing well lots of girls don't always wear pants when they wanna be comfortable at home!
    I'm guessing that you'll be OK with me "borrowing" these for use in my GUNDAM fanfic.

But I have to figure out what to do about the baby, however. My storyline currently does NOT call for Jolie Minh to be a mom!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I'm guessing that you'll be OK with me "borrowing" these for use in my GUNDAM fanfic.

But I have to figure out what to do about the baby, however. My storyline currently does NOT call for Jolie Minh to be a mom!
    Yeah of course you can use them if you want. I dunno what youre gonna do about the baby though. That's your problem!

Maybe I can get my friend to do another one without the baby. I'll see.

Ken's rite. My friend can do real style and make the drawing look more like Joey but he was trying to do the manga style. IN manga it really is kind of hard to make characters look like real people.

Yeah of course you can use them if you want. I dunno what youre gonna do about the baby though. That's your problem!

Maybe I can get my friend to do another one without the baby. I'll see.
    I'd appreciate it if you and your friend could. If not, I'll think of something.

Jolie might not be having any babies in the story, but that doesn't mean she doesn't daydream about it sometimes.

I'd appreciate it if you and your friend could. If not, I'll think of something.

Jolie might not be having any babies in the story, but that doesn't mean she doesn't daydream about it sometimes.
    OR You can have her attempt to babysit for someone.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

OR You can have her attempt to babysit for someone.
    Would a mere babysitter seat the baby like *that*, though? I think only a mom would.

Would a mere babysitter seat the baby like *that*, though? I think only a mom would.
    Well maybe she is babysitting for a good friend and she just happens to have rocked the baby to sleep and sits down to check her email or surf the net, check on some reports while the baby sleeps comfortably in her lap.

Well maybe she is babysitting for a good friend and she just happens to have rocked the baby to sleep and sits down to check her email or surf the net, check on some reports while the baby sleeps comfortably in her lap.
    Interesting scenario...although given Jolie's military status, I'm going to have to get creative.

A character does experience childbirth in one of my upcoming episodes, but it's not any of the lead characters (but someone who will be familiar to GUNDAM ZZ fans).

Interesting scenario...although given Jolie's military status, I'm going to have to get creative.

A character does experience childbirth in one of my upcoming episodes, but it's not any of the lead characters (but someone who will be familiar to GUNDAM ZZ fans).
    Jolie could be a calm and experienced military officer or whatever rank, however, a quite inexperienced babysitter, depending on how you handle it, you can make it amusing or very funny.

Jolie could be a calm and experienced military officer or whatever rank, however, a quite inexperienced babysitter, depending on how you handle it, you can make it amusing or very funny.
    Heh. Jolie's a typically hyperenergetic and scatterbrained TEEN (she's 17 as of the current storyline) with an anti-authority streak and a bit of an attitude problem, even though she's also paradoxically a great soldier (the fighting end of it, anyway...not so much the discipline end). It could go very humorously awry, to be sure.

But she does *want* to be a mom someday. Her whole family was murdered when she was ten, so her ambition is to win the war so that she can start a new family of her own.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

But she's recognizabe, even in cartoon form.
    Hmmm...Maybe you are able to recognize her anywhere because you are a faithful fan, but I really don't see any resemblance to the real Joey Meng from those drawings. The artworks look like most of the female characters found in Japanese mangas, but nothing like Joey IMO.

Anyhow, is Joey married? I really liked her in the "My Date with the Vampires" trilology. I must say, the second installment with Simon Yam was my favorite out of the three parts.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Anyhow, is Joey married? I really liked her in the "My Date with the Vampires" trilology. I must say, the second installment with Simon Yam was my favorite out of the three parts.
    Yes, from last I heard, she's been married for quite a while now. Yes! Somebody that shares my sentiments! I like 2nd part of the trilogy most, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Hmmm...Maybe you are able to recognize her anywhere because you are a faithful fan, but I really don't see any resemblance to the real Joey Meng from those drawings. The artworks look like most of the female characters found in Japanese mangas, but nothing like Joey IMO.
    That's the innate limitation of manga style illustration. Make it too realistic, and it's not really manga anymore. Something's got to give.

It's close enough for me, though.

That's the innate limitation of manga style illustration. Make it too realistic, and it's not really manga anymore. Something's got to give.

It's close enough for me, though.
    I've seen American cartoons of celebrities and they're able to retain some facial characteristics that distinctively resemble the real person yet still make it cartoonish. It's possible.

I've seen American cartoons of celebrities and they're able to retain some facial characteristics that distinctively resemble the real person yet still make it cartoonish. It's possible.
    Manga has its distinct stylistic limitations when it comes to depicting real people. I've yet to see a manga drawing of a real person that actually gives a photorealistic depiction of a real person. Approximations are about as close as manga get.

My friend says he will do another one for you Ken. I'll PM you with his email so you can directly ask him.

The idea behind this picture that I posted yesterday is that Xiaoling just had her baby a few days ago and is back in her office telling people she knows about it. Prety cool!

My friend says he will do another one for you Ken. I'll PM you with his email so you can directly ask him.
    Thanks. I'll be contacting him.

Hey, roger:

Don't know when you'll see this because you don't log on often, but your friend Andrew did a bang up job for me doing this non-baby version of Joey Meng/Jolie Minh sitting at her computer:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/734/crosslegged3finalht7.jpg')

*This* I'm certain I can use somewhere in my fanfic.