Thread: When/How did DY's mom find out that the First Evil was DY's dad?

Default When/How did DY's mom find out that the First Evil was DY's dad?

In DGSD, before she died, DY's mom (I forget her name, somebody help please) told DY who his real father was. DY's real father was the First Evil DYQ. Now, my question is: how/when did DY's mom realize that DY's real father was DYQ? Surely not the night when the incident happened, 'cause that time she just thought of punishing her husband by giving herself into whom she thought as someone so low and ugly. Of course if that time she knew it was Prince DYQ, she would not think of him of someone low, regardless of how disfigured his face had been.

Any thoughts?

I think she will know easily by knowing when she conceived DY. Just use the 9 months calculation and when was the time she did *it* with DYQ or Duan Zheng Chun.

No, you misunderstand my question. I am not asking about that one (which may lead into this thread being deleted or closed ). I am sure she knew that DY was not her husband's, but DYQ's child. On the night of the incident, however, she apparently did not know who DYQ was. My question is: when/how did she finally find out it was DYQ?

I've not read the novel itself but from the adaptations, its always been when MoRong Fu sorta teamed up with First Evil at Madam Wang's mansion ...his last or second to last attempt to recreate his Yan Empire and had Duan Zheng Chun and his wife and mistresses altogether, threating him to sign over the throne to First Evil and MoRong Fu would be his adopted son and therefore heir.

I think First Evil was talking about the night he was left crippled and at a shaolin temple and he met Guan Yin the Goddess of Mercy( who really was Dao Bai Feng, Duan Yu's mother), and so when Dao Bai Feng saw that Duan Zheng Chun's life was threatened or was it Duan Yu's? Anyway, she told First Evil to look at the golden locket or so on Duan Yu and it engraved his birthdate and First Evil looked over at Dao Bai Feng and she nodded.

So she didn't know who he was until that moment...

Eh...I'm sure someone else would be better at explaining this thing.

Nite people....
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Originally posted by Suet Seung
    Eh...I'm sure someone else would be better at explaining this thing.
    You did fine. What would have really been difficult is explaining how Prince Deun Yin Hing lost his right to inherit the throne to Prince (later King) Deun Jing Ming. Someone explained it once. It was *very* complicated. I got a migraine reading it.

Dude, stop posting that picture all around the forum.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Originally posted by -NSX-
    I am just giving an illustration of how low she can go.
    Your sense of humor can be redundant at times.

Once was more than enough.

dam! wat picture? u guys edit it out alredy?
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    You did fine. What would have really been difficult is explaining how Prince Deun Yin Hing lost his right to inherit the throne to Prince (later King) Deun Jing Ming. Someone explained it once. It was *very* complicated. I got a migraine reading it.

The problem is more difficult: DYQ never lost his right to the Dali throne.

I'm retelling from the 1st edition of TLBB, if it is told wrongly, probably Candide (Triste Coeur) or Oka could correct me.

During the reign of the father of DYQ there was a rebellion. The king was murdered, DYQ disappeared and couldn't be found. A loyal minister (Prime Minister?) subdued the rebellion and arranged that the next in the royal blood line (DCM's father) was crowned.

Some notes:

The night after DCM met DYQ, he offered to his ministers to abdicate in favour of (the rightful owner) DYQ, his ministers didn't agree, because should someone with the title of 1st Evil be crowned king of Dali?

That night, sensing there would be a scandal because of DY and MWQ were kept together, DCM arranged a (state) betrothal between (the absent DY) and a granddaughter of that loyal minister. DCM abdicated in favour of DCS. So the next morning was declared a holiday and Dali people celebrated because of the new king, the betrothal of the prince and the abolition of the salt tax.

In the history books it is depicted differently:
    The Prime Minister rebelled and took the throne of Dali. At his deathbed he asked his son to give the throne back to the rightful owners.

Probably what is told in the 2nd edition is more complicated?

DYQ sure is lewd, thinking the Goddess of Mercy as a Goddess of Eroticness or whatever. He deserves for what he's getting in his life since he defiles the image of the Goddess of Mercy in that manner.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

He seemed to be in no hurry to retrieve the throne when he was cavorting with Guan Yin...

Originally posted by Zhuge Liang
    He seemed to be in no hurry to retrieve the throne when he was cavorting with Guan Yin...

Hmmm, a handicapped person (lame legs) was raped and you all laughed at him.

Originally posted by Du Gu seeking a win
    I never thought of it from that perspective before until you mentioned it

Anyway, back to the discussion, so is it confirmed that Dao Bai Feng only found out herself about DYQ being DY's father on that night before she was killed by MRF?

Originally posted by Du Gu seeking a win

When is the next rape of that kind is organised ? I want to be the victim

Du Gu, in the 2nd ed, it's pretty much the same. One additional bit is that when DCM asked the minister, whose father was that loyal minister who subdued the rebellion, whether DYQ should be given back his thrown, the minister said even if his father were still alive they would still fight to death to stop such an evil person to become the king of Dali.

so is it confirmed that Dao Bai Feng only found out herself about DYQ being DY's father on that night before she was killed by MRF?
    No. Because she committed suicide after DCS.

She always knew that DY was that injured dirty beggar's son, but she didn't know that the beggar was DYQ, the #1 Evil, until that day.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by Candide
    When is the next rape of that kind is organised ? I want to be the victim

Not one bit of a chance dude. White Phoenix (Bai Feng) only prefers crippled beggars.

Q.
    Why did JY change Bai Feng's family name (Shi? in the 1st edition) into Dao (2nd edition)? Anyone knows?

[i]Du Gu, in the 2nd ed, it's pretty much the same. One additional bit is that when DCM asked the minister, whose father was that loyal minister who subdued the rebellion, whether DYQ should be given back his thrown, the minister said even if his father were still alive they would still fight to death to stop such an evil person to become the king of Dali. [/B]

I haven't mentioned that passage but it is also the same in the 1st edition. What's the name (in PinYin) of that minister? (In MinHua, his family name is Ko/Go)