Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavia Yueng

I remember watching an episode of K-100 where Tavia says she wish she could be given a chance to flex her comic abilities, because she's always playing the serious character in comedies when the rest of the cast gets to fool around. I'd really like to see her take on a comic role.

Right now, whenever her face scrunches up to cry, I can't help but think, "oh no, here she goes again, the weepy damsel."
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

I like her in 'Whatever It Takes'.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

my favorite tavia role is the w files with matt. haha so cute.
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

i've read somewhere that tavia is no longer in the police cadet movie with ron. can anyone confirm?
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

xoxoxox

i just saw The Vigilante in the Mask with her & Deric Wan. i must say she looks incredibly pretty in that series. she shud do more ancient series, it'll be good for her image.

i don't remember her in n/e of the "older" series. what role did she play in Taste of Love?

Some of my family members says that she looks like Kristy Yeung. My younger sister and sister both thought that she's Kristy Yeung when they see her in certain angles. And my uncle said they look alike too. I don't see much similarities though.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Tavia was in "Green Hope" anyone know what role? i can't remember her in it!

I cant wait for Twin Of Brothers to be released. this would be Tavia's first role as main actress wouldn't it?

xoxoxox

no her 1st role as main actress was in The Vigilante in the Mask. which btw had a sucky ending.

oh yeah your right~
    it really didnt even seem like that was a good leading role anyways. maybe TOB will be better!

xoxoxox

Originally posted by xox
    i've read somewhere that tavia is no longer in the police cadet movie with ron. can anyone confirm?
    she's filming some police cadet series with TVB. Dunno if Ron is involved though.

try going through the news at tvbspace . There are some articles there.
    "The who having wha with huh?"

Originally posted by xox
    Tavia was in "Green Hope" anyone know what role? i can't remember her in it!
    it was a small role.
    she played joey's friend, who lives upstairs of stephen or was it downstairs (I can't remember).
    "The who having wha with huh?"

She looked sooooooooooo cute with Bosco Wong in Find the Light

sooooooooooooo sweet!!

Originally posted by gooze
    she's filming some police cadet series with TVB. Dunno if Ron is involved though.

try going through the news at tvbspace . There are some articles there.

you're right. i read before that she pulled out but then i was reading em's page a week ago and i saw she was still in so thats good.

xoxoxox

Does anyone know who Tavia ends up with in twins of Brothers?????

I really to watch it

Do you lot know when its on air????
    Princess Charm

Hey there everyone Here is some news on Tavia. Credit to Em at TVBspace News Roundup http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com

July 10
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.takungpao.com/news/images/20040711-ul-20.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/20040711/img/e02071110_big.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/20040711/img/e02071108_big.jpg')

[Ta Kung Pao & The Sun]

TVB's new series "Twin of Brothers" will begin airing in Hong Kong on the 19th and cast members from the show including Ron Ng, Tavia Yeung, Nancy Wu, Lee Chi Hung, Tang Ho Kwong, Chan San Chung, Choi Kit Man and Yuen Tak Cheung were present yesterday at a promotion at a hotel swimming pool entitled: "Water Martial Arts Challenge". Tavia Yeung came prepared for the event, bringing floats and armbands, but as she played games in the water, she was still frightened into screaming. TVB knew that she couldn't swim, so they had specially arranged for Tang Ho Kwong and Chan San Chung to protect her, but when she was pushed into the water by Ron Ng, she lost all notion of who her friends were as she frantically pushed Chan's head into the water and then threw herself into Tang's arms.

Afterwards, Tavia was asked if she was very scared and she smiled: "It couldn't be helped, all for promotion!" Talking of her repaying Chan for his help with revenge, she admitted that she didn't know what she was doing and only when she saw his rather distressed look that she realised. She had wanted to apologise, but he rushed away to get changed before she had a chance. Tavia also said: "I am very thankful to Chan San Chung and Tang Ho Kwong. (Why can't you swim?) I went to Ocean Park Water park when I was young and my swimming costume got caught in one of the slides, so since then I am very scared of water and daren't go swimming again. That's why I don't have one swimsuit at home and I am the only person in the family who cannot swim."

Also, there was an 'ice-breaking' ceremony in yesterday's event and when Ron pulled the sword from the ice, one of the lights from the block of ice fell out and exploded as it dropped on Tavia's foot, luckily she was unharmed. When asked if she has expectations for the ratings of "Twin", she says that of course she hopes for good results, because this is a forty episode series that was filmed entirely on location and there are some unusual pairings among the cast so this should be very refreshing.

At the event, Ron was seen to push both Tavia and Nancy into the water, but then he did not offer them any help in getting up. Was he afraid of causing rumours? He explains that he did not know that Tavia could not swim, but later when she grabbed hold of his hand, he realised she was in trouble and helped to pull her up. As for his rumours with Nancy, is he afraid these will start up again? "No, I have read the magazines. (The magazines say that Nancy once dated and lived with Deep Ng.)" When askef whether he believes what the magazines suggest, Ron says he does not know because he is just a reader. As he has worked with Nancy on a number of series, does he think that she lives up to her nickname of "Champion Cutie"? He says: "She has not tried to be cute with me, so I don't know. (She has not flirted with you, but you can feel it can't you?) I don't think she has been playing up, she is just like any ordinary girl. (Are you avoiding her?) How can I avoid her? Earlier we worked together on 'Destinies of the Western Chamber' and she played my sister so we saw each other all the time, but before filming, I usually sit to one side on my own."

Also, in the early part of "Twin of Brothers", Ron and Raymond Lam have an almost naked scene where they show their bottoms to frighten Christine Ng, but are mocked by her instead. Ron says: "I thought this scene would not make it to airing, because it might be frightening to children! (Are you worried people might compare your bum with Raymond's?) I have seen it, we are both very similar, very round and smooth - top quality bottoms!" Talking of expectations for ratings, Ron hopes that they will reach an average of 35 points, when they will go out for a big meal together with Raymond.

Since the news broke of Deep Ng's arrest on drugs offences, there have been a number of news stories surrounding him and the latest report suggests that Nancy Wu is his former girlfriend and that they had lived together at one point. Nancy was asked about this yesterday and she admits that she had already met him in 1999 when they took part in the New Talent Singing contest and often go out together with a group of friends, but he has never dated her.

She adds: "We have been good friends all along, but we have never lived together. I have only been to visit other friends when I found out where he lives. When his news broke, I did send him a text message. (How is he feeling now?) I don't know because we don't often see each other, just go for a meal once in a while. (Do you know if he has a dancer girlfriend?) I don't know because we usually just discuss music related matters."

Since her apperance on the showbiz scene, Nancy has attracted a number of rumours, first linking her to Joe Ma and then to Ron Ng, she laughs: "I don't know why it is that when girls say a few more words to men they are immediately linked romantically to them. (Why don't you find a boyfriend, then you can dispel the rumours?) This is not a good method because they will still write about you if you have a boyfriend. (Someone has dubbed you as 'Champion Cutie', do you dislike this title?) Of course, usually I speak bluntly and directly and I am not 'cutesy' at all, so my friends are rather confused at this nickname." She also adds that she just wants to do her work well and allow her results to cover the negative press.

http://www.takungpao.com/news/2004-7-11/UL-281343.htm
    http://www.takungpao.com/news/2004-7-11/UL-281342.htm
    http://www.takungpao.com/news/2004-7-11/UL-281340.htm
    http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/2...3305_0003.html
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe, I find Tavia to be so amusing. In a lot of the news I've read about her, she seems to be a really playful and funny person. I actually haven't liked her much before, but for some reason, I find her to be okay now. I am also really eager to see her in Twin of Brothers!!!

The serie is suppose to air on July 19th and release out in September for viets
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

heard she's going to film an ancient series with adam cheng, miu kiu wai, and sheren tang next (also included in the cast: marco ngai, joyce tang, elizabeth lee, and carlos ng). she's going to play adam's disciple and will discover later on that she's his long lost daughter.

i also want to add that she's my favorite among the new comers...nah, make that my favorite among the current tvb actresses.

forever and always, barbara yung and noel leung!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Default more news on that

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/20040713/img/e05071309')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20040713/ent/0713enew02b1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20040713/photos/m577354SP.jpg')
    Adam Cheng, Sheren Tang, Joyce Tang, Marco Ngai and Tavia Yeung took part in a costume fitting for TVB's new period drama "Imperial Layabout" and producer Tsui Ching Hong requested that Adam is surrounded by ladies, arranging for Tavia to bathe him in their first scene and not even worrying about revealing too much. Adam laughs: "Working is about making money just to live, I will reveal one point at the most! (How much do you charge?) I charge per point, we'll discuss how much later. However, it will be great this time because there are a lot of pretty girls."

Earlier, Adam was worried that filming ancient dramas would lead to his hair loss problem getting worse and he was asked how he keeps his hair looking good. He indicates that he does nothing special before changing the subject speedily, saying that Joyce Tang is losing weight because she is well loved by the Emperor (Marco Ngai).

Adam indicates he will be heading out to Japan with his family for a holiday before he starts filming his new show. As his daughter Joyce will be filming an ad out there, he will arrange to meet her there. Adam says: "Joyce has lost weight, but she still has some to lose so that she is fitter and prettier! She is making me want to keep fit!"

As for Sheren, she will be playing the landlady at the local brothel and she laughs that this type of character is one of her weaknesses because she has a rather blunt personality and does not know how to play up to men and even Adam felt that her performance in telemovie "The Quickstep of Passion" was too wooden. Adam told her that if women were too strong, men will not find this attractive and suggested that she should try and emulate some of Angie Chiu's femininity, with her watery eyes open wide. Talking of their bold performance in this show leading to complaints, Sheren reveals that originally, Adam had asked for a bed scene, but this was cut in the end because this was filmed just to satisfy Adam's whim.

Playing the empress, Joyce admits she is not used to wearing the Qing heeled shoes, but she is yet to fall over. Earlier, she thought that she would have fighting scenes with Adam in the show, so she bought a dance machine to practice her moves at home and ended up losing about 8 lbs in a month, toning up some of her 'loose ends', then she found out that she will be playing an Empress and does not need to go on location or fight, so she is rather disappointed.

she's also my fav "newcomer" (even though she seems to be around for a while now). she can actually act compared to some.

Thanks for the article and pics Babygurl Oooohhh...I like the sound of this serie!!! From the picture, Tavia looks quite plain compared to the others. Like her costume wise that is.

Hehe, its great to hear that Marco and Joyce are getting to pair together again!! I'm so excited!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

tavia gives adam a bath and he turns out to be her dad? weird.

xoxoxox

Originally posted by xox
    tavia gives adam a bath and he turns out to be her dad? weird.
    Hehehe...