Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burning Flames I 《烈火雄心》

Default Burning Flames I 《烈火雄心》

im now watching part 1. im already in episode 28. i felt so sad with the death of wong hei's mom and jade. really sad but so far i think this is a lot better than part 2. it has a lot of action scenes. at first i don't like esther, but i grew to appreciate her more in the series. and it's a pity that joe will turn bad (read this in the episode guides)
    also, want to share this with you. anybody got severe goosebumps in ho sir's songs? gosh i did. his songs are tooooo horrible! how can they say it's great?!?! and the actor is kinda.... don't know how to describe him....
    Last edited by triumph2004; 01-15-09 at 12:27 PM.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

hey im so lonely here! join me pls....
    i finished watching this series last morning. and i agree with most of you there, this is much better than bf2! i was having 2nd thoughts on bf2 on whether to burn it or not, but this one, i would definitely burn this! this is such a nice series.

SPOILERS AHEAD.....

i felt so sorry for ah but. and that mei le gal really pissed me off!!! she's so wicked! how can she do that to the man who wished for nothing but to give her a happy and fruitful life? i hated her among all the other casts! they should have given her a tragic ending!!!! and she even showed her complete irresponsibility when she left her 5 yr old son to settle in usa!!! curse that wicked fat witch!!!!
    wong hei and louis koo are good here. i like their characters most. i don't like jade and esther's characters here. jade became very weak when she was with louis. remember what she said before their wedding? before she was very adventurous, but now she would rather be a silent housewife of louis. don't like her character...also esther. sure she's good...very persevering (and i admire her for that), but her character also went downhill when she became luo sir's gf. she did things she does not want to do, and she just can't have a firm stand on her feelings for wong hei. other characters that i really enjoyed watching are chin ka lok, his wife ah fung, gee gee, and joe ma. they are also good in their roles. and that marco! i hated that guy, so ungrateful, mad evil scheming traitor...but the actor, cheng ch cheng, he's quite good. chun pui great as ever...from an abusive drunkard, to a sad lonely aging man, to eventually a very loving and caring father...great
    i esp enjoyed watching episodes 38 and 39. those are the episodes of the 5th degree fire in that bldg. full of action, and very very sad (esp when geen suk died and hoi pak lost his right leg). the ending is also good, with dai hing and ah fung having twins, but i would love the ending more if they made a really clear ending (good of course) for wong hei and esther. don't you think so?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Good series... it is one of the few that combine comedy, tragedy, action, romance and family value in one series.

The three major death you have mention but the way they die all touch us in different ways (natural cause, murder and sucide)
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

exactly. this is a series that teaches us some values in life
    cherrie

They didnt' mention what happen to the older brother (Wong Hei's older brother)... did they. I know the other guy went to jail in the end and in jail he is studying to be an accountant as his brother's wishes.

And Ah Butt's ex lover in the end did abandon his son which is kind of strange because I thought after seeing Ah Butt commit sucide would smarten up.

Other then that is a good series kind of remind me of Police Cadet.
    Flame on I am gone...

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

I think part 1 is better ...I mean WAY better than part 2.

well, been a long time already that I watched Burning Flames, so can't really remember it clearly.

I just can't accept Tak Tin's attitude in Part 2. Even if the reason is acceptable, I just can't accept it!

Yep......part 2 simply can't be compared to part 1 at all. The deaths in Part 1 are heart wrenching.

A serial definitely not to be missed.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

Part I was gripping, and the storyline and acting were good. Even Lee San San was tolerable.

Part II... more of a blah factor.
    玉木宏

blog

There are only a few simialarity between the 2 is the title name, some of the actors and it has the Fireman as the background of the story... but other then that is totally different .

So I always look at the 2 series as their own.
    Flame on I am gone...

Originally posted by James Ko
    There are only a few simialarity between the 2 is the title name, some of the actors and it has the Fireman as the background of the story... but other then that is totally different .

So I always look at the 2 series as their own.
    Unfortunately not many people can see that even though serials share the same title, they can be different in content. DIF IV got a lot of stick because of the title, when it had nothing in common (except the investigative theme) with DIF I-III. People can't see it as a stand-alone.

As a stand-alone Burning Flame II wasn't interesting either.
    玉木宏

blog

Love this series... tragic and heartwrenching and a gem in terms of performances.

Depressing...but an excellent excellent series that disturbingly teaches the lesson of "the good die young".
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Originally posted by junny
    As a stand-alone Burning Flame II wasn't interesting either.
    I think it would be great if it has a different name because this show is not a continuation of the first one. It doesn't matter if it is stand-alone or not because if the show is boring, then it's boring no matter what.

wong hei's elder brother was sentenced to i think 4 yrs in jail for doing illegal. he was sorry in the end and had learned to accept failure. he also encouraged wong hei to cherish esther. yeah, though lee san san can't act, she is certainly tolerable. but that mei le girl!!!!
    cherrie

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Originally posted by Buffy_85
    I think it would be great if it has a different name because this show is not a continuation of the first one. It doesn't matter if it is stand-alone or not because if the show is boring, then it's boring no matter what.
    I agreee.

but tvb ppl are fond of making same titles. look at healing hands, files of justice, and dif
    cherrie

Sequal is okay when it is done right.

I thought Files of Justice series get better and better as the series goes on because the cases got more interesting, the charactors were familier and people are more prettier

Police Cadet series, I thought the 2nd one was good but the 3rd one really bad but they are trying to make a full circle with that. Tony starting out in the cadet, then the sequal have him as a cops, then he was back training cadet etc. Since the 3rd one is having him back in the cadet film... it was like rehashing old things in the first one. But Police Cadet 2 was good... nice cast too and some link to what happen to those that are in the first one (eddie, carina, etc.)

DIV series was good... even the IV one. I find the first 3 was focus on cases but the IV one was the charactors... also the people in the IV one was cooler looking and look more high tech .

I didn't mind Burning Flame 2.... but when you have to compare it to 1 then of couse 1 was better because it was fresh, the series has everything as I listed before in the thread. Burning Flame 2 which I thought it was good but other thought it was boring was it was more mature theme... where instead of having a hero that is funny, easy going etc but a serious charactor about firemen and their daily lifes.
    Flame on I am gone...

yeah, but one thing i don't like in part 2 was that there isn't much fire scenes. like, if there's a fire scene, it would be over in a blink of an eye. for a 35 episode series, they could have added more fire scenes, and let it be more dangerous. sure, there are also dangerous scenes like when they hung on the rope in the burning elevator (where alex fong was injured), but somehow it is not that enough
    cherrie

BF1- not that it was not a good series in its own right, but many aspects of it were hardly original, overall though very affecting storyline. Special effects wise, not Hollywood production standards but passable considering tvb budget limitations. It has to be said though that some of the explosions look so fake its laughable. For a better idea of what more money and greater technical expertise can do to manufacture exciting and realistic fire scenes, watch the movie Backdraft, which incidentally, is about 2 firemen brothers who dont quite get along till the end. still teary whenever I watch the ending scenes with Kurt Russell and William Baldwin together in the ambulance. Very emotional. One of my fav movies of all timewhat can I sayIm a sucker for movies about sibling bonding. This btw, was released about 6 years before bf1. bf2 fire scenes more exciting and realistic. the part about the fire in the ship was innovative.

peace

and before i forget, bf1 has an awesome kick *** instrumental theme music that bf2 lacks.

i think the instrumentals are good too. unfortunately, it seems that they did not release an ost for bf1
    cherrie