View Poll Results: Do you believe Dook Goo Kau Bai's claims of invincibility?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I absolutely believe him!

36 54.55%
  • No, I do not believe him at all!

10 15.15%
  • I only partially believe him.

20 30.30%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you believe Dook Goo Kau Bai's claims of invincibility?

Yeah but he was surpassed at one point by LCY, although he was slightly better than her in the end she wasnt far behind. Dugu claims almost to have defeated all heroes and killed all villans under the heaven never having even a match, sounds QF like almost.

Aiya sorry for all the confusion......long time since i saw SOD la
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

LCY never surpassed WCY in terms of fighting prowess. Her genius allowed her to create a set of skills that perfectly countered QJ arts but I highly doubt she'd be able to beat WCY unless she surprised him.

As soon as WCY figures out that she's using skills that perfect counter his QJ skills, he'd adapt.

At least I'm of the inclination to believe this

according to QCJ(if i remember correctly) at one point LCY surpassed his master when he was stuck figthting jin army while she trained ceaselessly. At this time LCY had not created JMheart manual yet.when he was defeated LCY got sick and WCY retreated to his tomb(the same one YG and XLN were in) dedicated himself to martial arts and was able to surpass LCY once again. At the end i think it was commented that WCY martial arts were a level higher.....but other parts says that WCY was slightly better so i dont know if a level higher was alot.

Also WCY was unable to completely counter LCY's JHM, despite trying deperatly. He was able to create moves to counter some of her stances but not her complete martial arts which LCY was able to do to his QZ skills(excluding using sword attacks to overcome empty hand combat.....it think its been while since i read book). Only through 9yin was WCY able to counter all LCY martial arts. Thats y in the end WCY was so impressed with LCY martial arts abilities she herself could counter his skills while he had to depend on anothers(9yin).
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 04-22-04 at 09:57 PM.

Originally posted by Laviathan
    ROCH, Chapter 7:

"The Art of the Jade Maiden has overcome the Quanzhen style, yet throughout the life of Wang Chongyang, he was inferior to no one."

Can Ancient Tomb style martial arts overcome Quanzhen martial arts? Yes.

Can Lin Chaoying overcome Wang Chongyang? I don't think so.

I didnt say LCY could defeat WCY at the end read my post over again i said at one point LCY was superior to WCY. And that quote you took was from WCY after he used 9yin to neutrilize her techniques before that he was unable to. do so completely...again IM NOT SAYING LCY WAS SUPERIOR TO WCY AT THIS TIME i remember in the changes for ROCH3rd edit Athena posted that although JMHM could counter QZ skills but it was physically impossible for LCY to even pat WCY on the back....and once again i did not say LCY could defeat WCY, AT ONE TIME SHE COULD BEFORE BEING SURPASSED BY WCY WHEN SHE GOT SICK.
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 04-23-04 at 12:23 PM.

Erm, superior == can beat.

It's a matter of semantics.

Let's be clear. LCY's martials arts can theoretically beat WCY's, but LCY cannot beat WCY.

Therefore, in the entire trilogy, only Wong Chong Yang can rightfully say that he had defeated everyone under heaven. Can't really say that about DuGu Qiu Bai concretely.

Just like Guo Jing and Yang Guo. When Guo Jing says something, you know it's true. When Yang Guo says something, well, who can really know if whatever is coming out of that slick boy's mouth is true or not?

It's really interesting the major differences that Guo Jing and Yang Guo have; their destinies are driven always by people who are very different from one another.

Guo Jing follows the Wong Chong Yang tradition while Yang Guo follows the DuGu Qiu Bai tradition. Guo Jing's master Hong Qi Gong was the mortal enemy of Yang Guo's Godfather Ou Yang Feng. Yang Guo's father killed most of Guo Jing's 7 masters. Guo Jing is honest and straightforward, Yang Guo is smart and mischevious.
    Last edited by Dirt; 04-23-04 at 01:10 PM.

Erm, superior == can beat.
    yes and at one point LCY could defeat WCY but was later surpassed by wcy ....wats your point?

whats semantic mean?
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 04-23-04 at 01:25 PM.

Semantics means word choice.

Since WCY could never have been beaten by LCY. LCY was never superior to WCY.

She developed a skill to counter WCY's skills, but she still wouldn't be able to beat WCY.

Therefore LCY was never superior to WCY.

ok let me go at this again. At the time when WCY was fighting the jin army he had no time to practice. At this time WCY was surpassed by LCY im assuming that this means she would be able to defeat him in a fight. If i remember correctly LCY had not developed JMHM which is the martial arts that counters all QZ martial arts yet if i remember correctly she developed it after getting rjected by WCY. At this time WCY had not built AT or rejected LCY yet. So if LCY did surpass WCY at this time it was in martial arts skill and not purely by her skill being able to counter WCYS.

I have a question: about LCY surpassing WCY while WCY was fighting the Jin, is it in the 2nd/3rd edition of the novel? 'Cause I don't recall anything like that mentioned in the 1st edition. As far as I remember, when WCY was busy fighting the Jin, he did not have a chance to meet LCY (so how could they compare their martial art to know that at that time LCY surpassed WCY?). They merely contacted each other through letters, and in his letters WCY only talked about the war, nothing about their relationship, which was why LCY's heart turned cold after reading those *passionless* letters.
    Last edited by rabadi; 04-23-04 at 09:59 PM.

小龙女道:“我跟你说个故事,你才知道我派的来历。你 拜我为师之前,曾拜过祖师婆
    婆。她姓林,名字叫做朝英,数十年前,武林中以祖师婆 婆与王重阳二人武功最高。本来两
    人难分上下,后来王重阳因组义师反抗金兵,日夜忙碌, 祖师婆婆却潜心练武,终于高出他
    一筹,但祖师婆婆向来不问武林中的俗事,不喜炫耀,因 此絖湖上知道她名头的人却是绝
    少。后来王重阳举义失败,愤而隐居在这活死人墓中,日 夜无事,以钻研武学自遣,祖师婆
    婆那时却心情不佳,接连生了两场大病,因此待得王重阳 二次出山,祖师婆婆却又不及他
    了。最后两人不知如何比武打赌,王重阳竟输给了祖师婆 婆,这古墓就让给她居住。来,我
    带你去看看这两位先辈留下来的遗迹。”

后来王重阳因组义师反抗金兵,日夜忙碌,祖师婆婆却潜 心练武,终于高出他
    一筹 thats the line i got from qiqi.com dont know what edit

note: this is simplfied when i put on this page to view of IE go view encoding more then simplified. i dont think its first edit though dont remember enything about them sending each other letters at least not in this paragraph....a close translation would be 1 level higher this is AT ONE POINT just in case u guys missed it the other ten times.
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 04-24-04 at 05:48 PM.

He is no doubt the best fighter in JY universe.

hi gurus,

just one questions, you all keep saying, it wasnt JY, it was FQY who praised DUGU and that made me confused. who is this FQY ? a live person? or it was written by JY in the book that another fictional character is praising? or someone edited the book and not canon? so even though LHC said he love his gf but he could be lying right? because it was not JY it was LHC. why cant just accepted what is written in the book no matter who said.ultimately it was JY who wrote it right? like for example, greats were fighting 7 days 7 nights to find who is the best. JY said that himself ? else how could we trust them. they might be just chilling, playing chest and drinking. yes you can trust greats then FQY is just some lier who will say something just to impress just some kid? (im not knowledgable like you guys so im not at the level of arguing with any of you. just abit confused about FQY said but not JY thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fu Hong Xue View Post
    hi gurus,

just one questions, you all keep saying, it wasnt JY, it was FQY who praised DUGU and that made me confused. who is this FQY ? a live person? or it was written by JY in the book that another fictional character is praising? or someone edited the book and not canon? so even though LHC said he love his gf but he could be lying right? because it was not JY it was LHC. why cant just accepted what is written in the book no matter who said.ultimately it was JY who wrote it right? like for example, greats were fighting 7 days 7 nights to find who is the best. JY said that himself ? else how could we trust them. they might be just chilling, playing chest and drinking. yes you can trust greats then FQY is just some lier who will say something just to impress just some kid? (im not knowledgable like you guys so im not at the level of arguing with any of you. just abit confused about FQY said but not JY thingy.
    FQY is Feng Qingyang, the Huashan grandmaster who taught Linghu Chong Dugu 9 swords.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    FQY is Feng Qingyang, the Huashan grandmaster who taught Linghu Chong Dugu 9 swords.

Then we shouldn磘 be saying something like fqy might be lying right or its fqy its not jy. It was written by jy after all. Else we cant trust anything from his book unless he mentioned somewhere that fqy was lying. i suppose we need to be consistant at least accept whatever mentioned in the book. Otherwise we become just some people who are trying to force other to believe what we want them to believe. Just saying. And sorry for my horrible english.

Quote Originally Posted by Fu Hong Xue View Post
    Then we shouldn磘 be saying something like fqy might be lying right or its fqy its not jy. It was written by jy after all. Else we cant trust anything from his book unless he mentioned somewhere that fqy was lying. i suppose we need to be consistant at least accept whatever mentioned in the book. Otherwise we become just some people who are trying to force other to believe what we want them to believe. Just saying. And sorry for my horrible english.
    They may not be lying, but they could be just wrong. Eg. Zhang Cuishan estimating that Xie Xun was in the same ballpark as his master Zhang Sanfeng. There's also Jin Yong's habit of exaggerating the possibilities of some of his characters. PJ loves coming up with examples of these.

I believe it, almost all the guys who found mere fragments of his teachings generations later became Legendary figures. I also don't think he has any reason to lie.