Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Duan Yu & Sisters

To Dan J:

Let's face it, DY is just a pig drooling over a pretty face. GJ and WY, YG and XLN, ZWJ and ZM, LWC and RYY all formed their bonds through many hardships, if you will, yet DY drooled over WYY the first time he saw her because she's probably the prettiest girl he ever met. Then he basically let his stalker instinct took over. He's really no better than WXB.

Anyway, my point was, DY loved WYY for her looks. And doesn't matter what else you factored in, that's very shallow and pathetic.
    Don't know about that. Of course, Duan Yu was attracted to the jade statue, and both Madame Wang and Wang Yuyan resemble the statue. But Madame Wang's cruel behaviour made Duan Yu despise her almost immediately, while Duan Yu was already attracted to Wang Yuyan even before he saw her face (he only heard her voice the first time they met). Later on he did get to see her and found her incredibly attractive of course, but it was after talking with her tha he really fel in love. So in my opinion, Duan Yu is not as shallow as everyone seems to believe. Looks did matter, but Wang Yuyan's character was also something Duan Yu was looking for in a girl.

Mu Wanqing, Zhong Ling, Ah Zhu and Ah Bi were all very pretty, but he did not love them. When he found out that Mu Wanqing and Zhong Ling were his half-sisters, he may have felt a little bit dissapointed, but that's all. He's just a very easy-going guy who can befriend girls very easily, but there's no real romantic involvement in it. Duan Yu's character as described by his parents was one who is very intense in love and hate,Duan Yu can be very stubborn. He does not like martial arts so he rather ran away from home instead of training it to humour his father. His mother said that if one day Duan Yu would love martial arts, he would train it night and day non-stop. He's just like that: if he really loves something (or in this case:SOMEONE) he will be totally hooked.
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

Duan Yu's character as described by his parents was one who is very intense in love and hate,Duan Yu can be very stubborn. He does not like martial arts so he rather ran away from home instead of training it to humour his father. His mother said that if one day Duan Yu would love martial arts, he would train it night and day non-stop. He's just like that: if he really loves something (or in this case:SOMEONE) he will be totally hooked.
    That's why I like him. I'm exactly like that :/

As for his obsession with Wang Yuyen and following her around, well guys, just imagine if you meet someone as beautiful as her, and you know that the guy she admires is a dickhead that doesn't care about her, what will you do ?

Dan J, funny how you brought up Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu...

Why Yang Guo fell in love with her ? Because she was as beautiful as an angel. How Yang Guo flirted with so many girls (kissing, touching and almost XXX in a few situations ) and broke their hearts, just because they looked like XLN in some certain ways. How he constantly compared those girls to XLN.

Yeah, Duan Yu is a really really bad guy....a pig as you call him.

What do you suggest Duan Yu to do huh ? Continue to love his half-sisters ? I can hear you scream INCEST !!! already.
    • Discussion: the confusion of one person multiplied by the number present.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

U guys are a bit harsh on Duan Yu....
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

Originally posted by TristeCoeur
    How Yang Guo flirted with so many girls (kissing, touching and almost XXX in a few situations ) and broke their hearts, just because they looked like XLN in some certain ways. .
    Really??????????
    back w/ a vengeance ^_^

yup, yang guo's behavior is somewhat parallel to that of Duan Yu.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

Originally posted by mich
    At least they weren't half-sisters

Originally posted by mich
    Yeung Gor's devotion to Little Dragon Girl matched that of Deun Yu's for Wong Yu Yin, but Yeung Gor wasn't a stalker like Deun Yu was.

Then again, if Little Dragon Girl hadn't been equally attracted to him . . .

On the other hand, Gwok Seung showed some stalker tendencies with her pursuit of Yeung Gor in ROCH and HSDS, although she wasn't nearly as irritating as Deun Yu was about it.

Originally posted by Yang Guo
    At least they weren't half-sisters
    to be fair to Duan Yu, he didnt know WYY was his half-sister until much later.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Yeung Gor's devotion to Little Dragon Girl matched that of Deun Yu's for Wong Yu Yin, but Yeung Gor wasn't a stalker like Deun Yu was.

Then again, if Little Dragon Girl hadn't been equally attracted to him . . .

On the other hand, Gwok Seung showed some stalker tendencies with her pursuit of Yeung Gor in ROCH and HSDS, although she wasn't nearly as irritating as Deun Yu was about it.
    i dont have the novels with me but mine impression was Duan Yu and WYY jus happened to be at the same place and same time for most of the time. i might be wrong though.

hhahaha, i do agree with you. Duan Yu was irritating at times but if Duan Yu doesn't exist, will the novel be the same?? perhaps, a tad too dry without someone to provide the comic relief and a paradox to Xiao Feng's tragic life.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

So JY has been revising his novel, he?
    I don't like it because it make him like he was not ready to release his novels before, like he is playing with us, the readers even his fans.

I haven't read the novel, but from the adaptions I've seen, I like Duan Yu. So in the novel Duan Yu ended up with all three of the girls right? I wonder what the ending for DGSD03 will be. Hmmm...so all the emperors of Dali had to become a monk after they give their thrown to someone?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

What's up with all this "half-sister" talk? Duan Yu and Wang Yu Yan are NOT half sisters.

And when he found out that Mu Wan Qing and Zhong Ling were his "half-sisters" (but it turned out they were not), he stopped any romantic feeling towards them, which is especially hard because he's such a stubborn and emotional guy. What's the problem here? I don't see any.

The only problem I can find with Duan Yu is that he has somewhat of a stalker tendency.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Duan Yu never really like Mu Yuan Qing or Zong Ling, that's why when he found out that they were sister/brother, he can stop. He like them and cared for them but it was not love. He love Huang Yu Yen. Again, I didn't really like HYY anyway as I have stated my reasons in the above post.

The ending was depressing in my opinion. Of course, it was all fine when Duan Yu got to end up with Wang Yu Yan, but don't you think it was a bit weird when she declared her love for him all of sudden. It was very abrupt, and that annoyed me so much. I felt that it wasn't fair to Duan Yu, and it must have been devastating for Mu Wanqing. I really wish that he would have ended up with Mu Wanqing... Oh well...
    "[Love] is, and therefore it always will be." ~ Many Waters

A beautiful relationship??

What do you think he will do if he happens to meet XLN? I bet he's gonna stalk her too. And I don't think WYY really loved him at all, I mean she never paid any attention to him before. Then suddenly *BOOM* 'I do have feelings for you.' I guess JY wants likes him so much to want to give him a beautiful girl in the end. But DY's character really appears, he doesn't care about his brothers only his 'fairy.'
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

Yeah, I agree with you guys. How could Wang Yu Yan all of a sudden tell Duan Yu she loves him when she has told him several times that she only feels for him as a friend. I felt that she was going for Duan Yu as the rebound. Hmmmm.....he would be better off with Mu Wan Qing and Zhong Ling
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Cool

If JY revises dgsd, I would love to see him address the WYY issue. It will be less confused if he made her fell in love w/ DY long before the event in the well.

and maybe find some guys for mu wan qing and zhong ling.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

I still think it is so unfair to Wu Wan Qing and Zhong Ling.
    Dan Yu promised to married Wu WangQing...and lol.... he basically dumped her for no reason.
    I really do not care for DY that much.

Love to see revised version...but who knows.. he might put something like Xiao Feng Actually falling in love with Ah Zhi... lol..
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Originally posted by Yon
    I still think it is so unfair to Wu Wan Qing and Zhong Ling.
    Dan Yu promised to married Wu WangQing...and lol.... he basically dumped her for no reason.
    Let me get this straight (I've seen many who have used this argument) :

You ppl support incest, right ?
    • Discussion: the confusion of one person multiplied by the number present.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

Well back in those days that was exceptable wasn't it? Since they weren't exactly blood brother and sisters.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.