Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The fighting prowess of the Divine Condor

Default The fighting prowess of the Divine Condor

Which fighters in ROCH were the most closely matched with the Divine Condor? The Greats were better fighters than the Divine Condor, but the Divine Condor was a much better fighter than the more average martial artists in ROCH.

It's quite a hard question. I mean even the upper intermediate level fighters in ROCH such as XLN or HR should be able to beat the divine Condor. How about LMC v. Divine Condor?

the thing that really hindered the condor was that he didn't know martial arts. his god-given strength was amazing. here's an excerpt from lanny's translation:

Having blurted out the words “I am not Master Dugu” without much thinking, Yang Guo suddenly thought of something. The condor had been a long time companion of senior master Dugu. The way it had struck and moved about actually had matched with martial arts principles loosely. Perhaps when senior master Dugu sometimes became bored living in the desolated valley all by himself, he had treated the condor as if it was a spar partner of his. Senior master Dugu had long perished, along with all his superior martial arts techniques. But it might be possible to find some traces of this great Master’s martial arts style and essence from the condor. At that thought, he became pleased and stood up.

The divine condor blocked the sword with its left wing and then struck another heavy blow with its right wing. Its strength was simply too strong. Every time when it swung its wings, the force it generated was on par with the kind of force generated by several first-class fighters hitting out their palm strikes at the same time. Besides, the sword in Yang Guo’s hand was simply too heavy for him to use any sword moves out of the Quan-Zhen Sword Art or Jade-Maiden Sword Art. So for defense, all he could do was to dodge to the sides, and for offense, all he did was stabbing the sword forward clumsily.
    though the condor did move according to martial arts principles, of course he cannot grapple or evade, or "focus his chi" or anything like that...so he is hindered in that sense.

however, in physical terms he is simply amazing. JY mentions time after time that he is faster than a stallion, and also that the force struck out with his wings was equal to "several first-class fighters striking out with their palms at the same time". also, his beak struck out with speed comparable to first-class fighters using swords.

therefore, i think that fighters that rely on strength alone will lose to the condor --- i'm talking about people like GLGS's disciple Dat Yee Ba (Da Er Ba) and 1deng's disciple with the oars. even people who are well-versed in technique, but are weak physically (like XLN and HR) will lose to the condor. i mean, before the dugu training YG had no chance of winning the condor, yet he would be a pretty good match for HR, and he was better than XLN by then.

therefore, i think the bird would rank pretty high...he would beat up the QZ disciples individually, but lose to the big dipper formation. he's no match for any of the Greats, and i don't even think he's a match for HR (but it would be a close fight). i only give it to HR because of the 9yin evasion techniques and using dogbeating stick to trip up the bird.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Default Kongfu level of YG's Condor

Seems that YG's Condor is quite powerful. How powerful is it? Can it beat GF?

By GF, you don't mean GuoFu, do you?

Default Re: Kongfu level of YG's Condor

This The fighting prowess of the Divine Condor thread contains some interesting response from our fellow SPCNet member sixdays.

I think it was in Nood's translation and when GWM saw the 2 condors of Peach Blossom Island he said something like "lucky its only 2 ordinary birds and not YG's giant condor."

haha! 2 ordinary condors. Wat was the purpose of so many condors anyways? Does it play a special part to the story or did JY just stick'em in cause he could?
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Just think of the Divine Condor like an animal with the strength and speed of a big tiger I guess. But with the extra ability of having more intelligencce and learnt some moves from a master fighter.

think of him as ZWJ after 9-Yang but before knowing any real kung fu
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

I think it was in Nood's translation and when GWM saw the 2 condors of Peach Blossom Island he said something like "lucky its only 2 ordinary birds and not YG's giant condor."
    I dont think he's ever seen yg's condor at this point.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Originally posted by Carefree Assassin
    Gwok Jing and Wong Yung's pet condors were not as impressive as the Divine Condor (which seemed more like some mutant bird than an actual condor), but they were hardly "ordinary". They were quite extraordinary creatures themselves even though they weren't quite "divine".

Yup, imagine a bird bigger than an ostrich flying in the sky. I'll run if I see one before I become food.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

the part i'm referring to is when South Emperor is fighting with GWM and the 2 condors are darting around, when one of em gets smacked into the ravine.

btw........King's won't make it to the semis: t-wolves will, and then The Fab 4 will get hammered.

ya thats wat i thought GWM saw YG jump off the cliff if i remember correctly but he has not seen YG before this event(for 16 years) nor has he seen YG's condor ever. when he hits GJ's eagle into the rivine he cuss's at it but makes no comment towards dugu's/YG's divine condor .

and i know this a bit off topic but know your wolves will get slaughtered worse then GJ's eagle if they make it 2 west finals they are going to get slapped around but look on the bright side at least u made it outta the first round
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

The pair of white eagles cried loudly and dove towards the head of the Imperial Priest, if it was the giant eagle of Yang Guo the Imperial Priest might be a bit afraid.
    my bad, he didnt exactly talk about it, just thought about that he's lucky it wasn't YG's condor.

still drifting off topic: MVP vs Mailman, the glove vs potential baller of the year and sprewell vs the fish, but damn, there's still kobe and diesel.

That is strange. That quote:

The pair of white eagles cried loudly and dove towards the head of the Imperial Priest, if it was the giant eagle of Yang Guo the Imperial Priest might be a bit afraid.
    comes from ROCH 3.0. Don't remember if ROCH 2.0 had a similar line. Wonder if JLFW (old naming convention) had met YG's condor prior to that event in ROCH 3.0 because I'm pretty sure he didn't in ROCH 2.0.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Fa Wang has never seen the divine condor before. That quote is in the second edition but it was a comment made by Jin Yong, not a thought made by Fa Wang. Jin Yong was saying that though the pair of white eagles were large, there were in the end, just normal birds so what could they do to Fa Wang?

The divine condor however was a different breed altogether, more akin to a beast than a bird. If you saw some freaky giant bird/beast thingy coming at you wouldn't you worry a little?

Fa Wang has never seen the divine condor before. That quote is in the second edition but it was a comment made by Jin Yong, not a thought made by Fa Wang. Jin Yong was saying that though the pair of white eagles were large, there were in the end, just normal birds so what could they do to Fa Wang?
    Yes, you're right.

The divine condor however was a different breed altogether, more akin to a beast than a bird. If you saw some freaky giant bird/beast thingy coming at you wouldn't you worry a little?
    It was also rather ugly with a tumor on it's head IIRC.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Default What level is the Divine Condor?

Poisons and projectiles not included. Just a martial arts battle.

Thrusting its beak out like a flash, the condor had taken the poisonous giant serpent’s right eye out. The condor’s neck looked short and thick, and it seemed as if it would have a hard time turning its head around, but when the condor shot the beak out and then retracted it back in lightening speed, Yang Guo couldn’t even tell how the condor had blinded the giant serpent even though he had sharp eyes.
    Excited by the success, the giant poisonous serpent let itself fall off the tree, and then immediately wrapped its over-twenty-feet-long body around the ugly condor tightly. It seemed that the ugly condor was not going to get out alive this time.

Not wishing to see the ugly condor die from the poisonous serpent’s attack, Yang Guo sprang forward with his sword and hacked the blade toward the serpent’s body. Suddenly, the condor swung its right wing swiftly and smacked on Yang Guo’s right arm with tremendous force. Yang Guo was taken by complete surprise. His “Gentleman Sword” flew out of his grip and traveled dozens of feet in the air before falling back down to the ground.
    At the time, YG was already none too shabby. He was probably within the top 1%-2% of wulin. He is capable of catching the attacks of the likes of Li Mo Chou and Broken Wheel Monk. Yet he could not see the Divine Condor's moves.

And although he was taken by surprise, YG's sword was knocked out of his hand and flew dozens of feet. By that time, YG already had an impressive internal energy thanks to the Ice Jade Bed and HYS's acupuncture.

And the Divine Condor had speed equal to the lightness kungfu of the Ancient Tomb.

So what is the Divine Condor's level? The 7 Freaks would definitely not be able to defeat it, i reckon. Maybe it is around as powerful as 1 QZ Master? Or maybe just below, around the level of Huo Du?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.