Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would Lee Mok Sau have attacked Luk Manor if she knew who was in the neighborhood?

Default Would Lee Mok Sau have attacked Luk Manor if she knew who was in the neighborhood?

Lee Mok Sau went on quite a little rampage when she first appeared in RETURN OF THE CONDOR HEROES. Her aim was to kill off what remained of her former lover Luk Tzin Yeun's family, and she nearly succeeded at that. When Lee Mok Sau was finished, Luk Mo Seung would be an orphan and the Mo Brothers would be motherless. Lee Mok Sau's timing, however, was both bad and good. Her timing was bad because at the time of her attack, East Heretic Wong Yerk See, West Poison Au Yeung Fung, Gwok Jing, and Wong Yung were all in the neighborhood. That's three Greats and one near-Great . . . each of whom was more than a match for Lee Mok Sau. Her timing was good, however, because she managed to avoid Au Yeung Fung and the Gwok couple entirely, and was lucky enough to survive her confrontation with Wong Yerk See.

If Lee Mok Sau had run into Au Yeung Fung, he might not have bothered her (and it would have been suicide for her to have messed with him). The Gwok couple would have likely driven her away (or maybe even killed her). Wong Yerk See did run into Lee Mok Sau and liberated Ching Ying from her, but surprisingly, he made no serious attempt to kill her.

The Gwok couple were passing through Ga Hing City and if they had arrived a day or two earlier, likely would have been house guests of the Luk Family. If you were Lee Mok Sau and you heard that the Gwoks were guests of the Luks, would you dare attack anyway? Lee Mok Sau's hatred of the Luk Family was extremely strong, and even fear of the Gwoks might not have stopped her from trying to kill the Luks.

From her actions later on, she didn't seem crazy. And she'd have to be crazy to think that she can kill anyone if even one of the greats were intent on stopping her.

On the other hand, "being in the neighborhood" doesn't mean much. Depending on assassination styles, GJ could've been sleeping a few houses down from the massacre and not have noticed anything.

In TVB ROCH83, Li Mo Chou did not seem to be afraid of the Greats. In the series, she dares to fight with HYS, OYF and ZBT. I don't think "being in the neighbourhood" means anything to her. Her attitude is that she is great fighter.

Originally posted by Thai guy
    In TVB ROCH83, Li Mo Chou did not seem to be afraid of the Greats. In the series, she dares to fight with HYS, OYF and ZBT. I don't think "being in the neighbourhood" means anything to her. Her attitude is that she is great fighter.
    She was definitely afraid of Wong Yerk See; she just didn't know whom she was up against at the time (although in the novel, she did and turned tail right away). I don't think she encountered Au Yeung Fung or Chow Bak Tung in the novel. In the series, she also didn't know that the crazy old man she was fighting was Au Yeung Fung (and it seemed improbable that he didn't kill her easily). Chow Bak Tung could also have easily subdued Lee Mok Sau, but he wasn't known to be a killer, so perhaps she would not need to be afraid for her life (although she might worry about how he would humiliate her after he's subdued her).

at first she was very cocky and decide to go take a look at GJ and HR. After she heard the whistle made by both HR and GJ, she was frighten and run away. So she might went anyways just to see them.

She did, though, run into OYF there, and was driven off by him. After seeing the skill in his movements, she ran away quickly and felt fear.

Originally posted by -NSX-
    What were GJ and companies doing there?
    They were looking for Wong Yerk See and Hung 7 Gung. Wong Yerk See had left Peach Blossom Island because he could not stand to be there with Ohr Jen Ngok (they never did like each other). Also, Gwok Jing and Wong Yung had not seen their teacher Hung 7 Gung since their wedding many years earlier, and they missed him.

I think Lee Mok Sau has defference for GJ and the Greats and she would choose the right demeanor to wait till they leave. Afterall, she had waited for several years, it's no big deal for her to wait for a few more days.
    They might not let her get away. Lee Mok Sau had an infamous reputation as a ruthless killer. Wong Yerk See might have killed her just to test the limits of her martial arts (in fact, I'm surprised he didn't). Gwok Jing and Wong Yung might have killed her because she was a menace to society. Au Yeung Fung might have killed her for hijacking some of his poison formulas.

I can accept that GJ & HR and HYS were in the same vicinity at that time, but what was OYF doing there? To borrow Ken Cheng's words, "That's three Greats and one near-Great . . .", isn't it too much of a coincidence that all of them were there at the time?

Originally posted by rabadi
    I can accept that GJ & HR and HYS were in the same vicinity at that time, but what was OYF doing there? To borrow Ken Cheng's words, "That's three Greats and one near-Great . . .", isn't it too much of a coincidence that all of them were there at the time?
    It wasn't any worse than when the entire dramatis personae of LOCH showed up at Ox Village when Wong Yung was using the 9 Yum Jen Ging to heal Gwok Jing's Ha Mo Gung injury.

Has HYS, HR, GJ ever killed anyone before...excluding the mongolian fighters and stuff.

I've never seen or heard them kill anyone like that before?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

GJ killed Chen Xuanfeng and HR indirectly killed Yang Kang.
    I'm not talking about that.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Default Re: Would Lee Mok Sau have attacked Luk Manor if she knew who was in the neighborhood?

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    The Gwok couple were passing through Ga Hing City and if they had arrived a day or two earlier, likely would have been house guests of the Luk Family. If you were Lee Mok Sau and you heard that the Gwoks were guests of the Luks, would you dare attack anyway? Lee Mok Sau's hatred of the Luk Family was extremely strong, and even fear of the Gwoks might not have stopped her from trying to kill the Luks.

Sorry Ken, this would probably need another thread, but I definitely don't understand Lu Wu Shuang's father decision to stay at that place. It is brave (and silly) of him to face his late brother's enemy, but knowing the time of LMC's coming for ten years, he could certainly make some precautions, like moving faraway or asking the Guo family to help him out, or at least giving the children to the Guo's family to protect etc. Certainly he should think of the fate of LWS & CY in case he and his wife be butchered by LMC?

HYS would have killed her, had she not injured Cheng Ying. He wanted to cure Cheng Ying immediately so he let her go.

Sorry Ken, this would probably need another thread, but I definitely don't understand Lu Wu Shuang's father decision to stay at that place. It is brave (and silly) of him to face his late brother's enemy, but knowing the time of LMC's coming for ten years, he could certainly make some precautions, like moving faraway or asking the Guo family to help him out, or at least giving the children to the Guo's family to protect etc. Certainly he should think of the fate of LWS & CY in case he and his wife be butchered by LMC?
    In the first edition at least, he only knew about that a few days before LMC came, and therefore didn't have time.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Default Re: Re: Would Lee Mok Sau have attacked Luk Manor if she knew who was in the neighbor

Originally posted by Du Gu seeking a win

True. Luk Lap Ding knew what kind of person Lee Mok Sau was, and that she would indeed carry out the threat she made at his brother's wedding ten years earlier. If I were Luk Lap Ding, I'd start calling in whatever favors I had, and appeal to people like the Gwok couple, North Beggar Hung 7 Gung, and the Cheun Jen Sect for help.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Would Lee Mok Sau have attacked Luk Manor if she knew who was in the neighbor

You would lose face if you had to call so many high class fighters just to help you handle a woman.
    Li Mok Sau is not just any woman. She's from the Ancient Tomb sect and the creator of the sect is Lam Chiu Ying who fought with Wang Chong Yang, the divine central -who fought all the other greats and won and even if Lam Chiu Ying is not good as Wang Chong Yang, she'd come second after him. So her decendant like Li Mok Sau is not just any woman.

Can't blame a guy to ask for help when the woman he's up against is not your regular village woman.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    It wasn't any worse than when the entire dramatis personae of LOCH showed up at Ox Village when Wong Yung was using the 9 Yum Jen Ging to heal Gwok Jing's Ha Mo Gung injury.
    Well, if you put it that way, that's true. I guess too much coincidence is accepted in wuxia

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Would Lee Mok Sau have attacked Luk Manor if she knew who was in the neighbor

Luk Lap Ding is a lazzy arse because if he knew she would come, he should have waked up three in the morning every day and practice martial arts so that when she comes, he is fully prepared. If I were him, I would ask GJ to let me borrow 9 yum.
    I agree that Luk Lap Ding's decision was not quite logical. Obviously, he seemed to be afraid of Li Mo Chou and indeed he seemed to know that he could not anyway match with her. It was rather like he was trying to commit suicide. It might be that he already tried to improve his kongfu skills but he was not wise enough and failed to boost his ability. But, can you do anything else? Perhaps, you can play a trick with her. I am sure that if Huang Rong was in the same situation, she would try to create a trick to make Li Mo Chou became headache.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Would Lee Mok Sau have attacked Luk Manor if she knew who was in

Originally posted by Thai guy
    I am sure that if Huang Rong was in the same situation, she would try to create a trick to make Li Mo Chou became headache.
    That's exactly what Wong Yung did during her one and only confrontation with Lee Mok Sau in ROCH. Wong Yung prefers to rely on strategy rather than brute force to accomplish her ends, and in that particular situation, it was necessary. Wong Yung had recently given birth to twins under dire circumstances, and was not in peak physical form. Moreover, baby Gwok Seung was in the area, and a direct fight could possibly endanger the child. Minus these circumstances, of course, Wong Yung could just overpower Lee Mok Sau if she wanted to.

I think that HR was only using a few tricks against LMC in ROCH because it was her style (ie she liked to fool around with her opponent a bit before the real fight started). Even though she wasn't in top form then (just gave birth a few days earlier), she was able to dominate LMC easily.

Had LMC confronted the Guo couple at the beginning of ROCH, she would have had her martial arts disabled and got her arse thrown into some sort of centre for crazies (if such places existed back then ).
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."