Thread: Pat Tillman

Default Pat Tillman

ex-NFL safety killed-in-action in Afghanistan.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Default Re: Pat Tillman

Originally posted by dan J
    ex-NFL safety killed-in-action in Afghanistan.
    That is really sad

He is an all pro special team player for cardinals and he just want to serve his country.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

That's really heroic, how many of us can honestly say we would throw away millions to fight for our country?

I don't know is something I don't want to think about... until the situation arise.

The really sad thing were many who heard Tillman was going to join the army thought he was wanted to play hero etc... They thought he was going to do his thing and come back and play again. (you can do searches on the web for past comments about when he quit NFL to join the US rangers). Well he is now a hero and I don't think that is what anyone expected.

Also I think NFL is pretty heartless because someone from their league had a tragic event and if you go to their site the main news is the draft where people a bitter about who will draft who... they should just let a day off and remember this brave patriot.
    Flame on I am gone...

It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

I still remember the day about three years ago when Espn did the piece on how Tillman quitted the NFL which was described as "his dream job" by his friends and coaches and then, joined the army. I was really touched by his decision, cause how many people are willingly giving up million of dollars to serve for his country or stand up for his belief?
    And, I'm shocked when I've heard the sad news on Tv, and I'm awed by his action since how many people had died for their causes, especially athletes??? It's a rarity in the world of sports nowaday, and sadly, when we heard about most "these days" athletes in the news is either someone is troubling with the laws or whining and complaining about their contracts

Then, it came to this Rene guy article on Tillman. I'm speechless.

Oh well, All I can say is that Rene Gonzales is an idiot who just awarded himself to becoming a "most wanted man" in the US.

Congratulations to him and his article!

I don't agree with his article, but I don't see what the uproar is all about. It's a freaking college newspaper column and nothing more than an opinion. So what? I just don't see why so many people are getting their shorts all up in a twist about.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

RIP...
    Zhang Ziyi CSC: news, biography, gallery, filmography, forums, more...

Originally posted by dan J
    'Tillman' Cartoon Pulled by MSNBC.com
    I guess Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Press doesn't matter and are only applied when it suits certain people in American nowadays.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Originally posted by Moinllieon
    I guess Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Press doesn't matter and are only applied when it suits certain people in American nowadays.
    yes, strange that from the land of the free, we are not suppose to show coffins coming home. anybody who dare to voice his/her anti war stance is instantly labeled as unpatriotic. hope this whole prisoner abuse incident will wake up those blinded.

just for the record, I do think Tillman is an admirable patriot.

i think he should have stuck to sport instead of serving in the army.

Update...

now they are saying that he might have been killed by friendly fire... what a shame
    Flame on I am gone...

Originally posted by James Ko
    now they are saying that he might have been killed by friendly fire... what a shame
    Why is that a shame? Nothing against you but I always found it weird as to how and why the military treats people who die in combat different over the mere detail of who shot that bullet that actually killed him. If one of his men dropped a live grenade and he fell onto it to save his comrades, he's considered a hero, even though it would still be friendly fire. But if by accident or error he's shot by one of his men, somehow his death is tainted? It's still in service of his country. I just find the whole concept a bit skewed.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Don't worry I am good

I guess when I refer to the shame is not toward Tillman for his service to the country... but to the accident that took his life.

I mean with the technology we have today, accident like this should not have happen. But then we are talking about war and anything can happen.

I know many of you thinks the media and the public pay too much attention to this news that made his death more important then others who have die in the wars just because he was a football player. Maybe the media and the public saw that he gave up a dream that not many people could have. We or even Tillman might not have a dream to play in the NFL (I think his dream was to be in the US Ranger) but majority of people do have dreams... and to be killed this way is a real shame.

P.S. not to discredit anyone that was killed in the world. Their life is just as important as Tillman... but maybe is harder for the public to relate to and to see.
    Flame on I am gone...

Originally posted by James Ko
    I mean with the technology we have today, accident like this should not have happen.
    yeah can you believe we are still using bullets that can't distinguish between friends and enemies. bullets should know whom to kill and whom not to.

Tillman's Death

been a while, but here's the latest leaked information detailing Tillman's death. your thoughts.

There is a PC game trying to use Tillman as the charactor in the game as the Ranger that got killed... but the Tillman's family ask the developer of the game to remove this and the game company agree without causing any riot.
    Flame on I am gone...

Tillman wasn't killed in action he was killed by friendly fire.
    Currently watching- War and Beauty