Thread: Could the Sweeper Monk survive the fight at Ju Xian Manor?

Default Could the Sweeper Monk survive the fight at Ju Xian Manor?

In DGSD, in the fight at Ju Xian Manor, after a long time the mighty XF was finally overwhelmed by the fighters there, and had XYS not saved him, he *might* die there. Now, if it was the Sweeper Monk instead who fought, would he be able to survive in the end and win the fight (i.e: eliminated all the fighters there, let's just pretend that he would be willing to kill the fighters for the sake of this discussion)?

XF was whupping *** and 100% untouched until they started attacking Ah Zhu. Were he by himself (especially if he had kept the wheels) I believe he could've razed the damn manor to the ground

Easily. XF wasted a lot of time with the best fighters at the manor (ie the top Shaolin monks and some other goons I forgot). These dudes wouldn't last more than a tap if it were Sweeper Monk fighting them. Remember that Sweeper Monk could kill fighters at XF's level with just a single, simple stance. If one XF could last that long... SM would be able to sweep the floor with the whole bunch of Ju Xian idiots in less than an hour.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    XF was whupping *** and 100% untouched until they started attacking Ah Zhu. Were he by himself (especially if he had kept the wheels) I believe he could've razed the damn manor to the ground
    Ah yeah you're right. The only reason why he got hit was that he was busy protecting Ah Zhu. He was really winning the fight rather comfortably until then.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by Candide
    Ah yeah you're right. The only reason why he got hit was that he was busy protecting Ah Zhu. He was really winning the fight rather comfortably until then.
    Ok then, for the sake of the discussion...what would have happened had Ah Zhu been killed by one of them idiots at the Ju Xian Manor.

Is it
    a) XF goes Hulk mode a turns the manor into a Ripley Believe it or Not specimen.
    b) XF hightails it out of there.
    c) ???

I think he would go into Hulkier mode. He can't go into Hulk mode cuz he was already in Hulk mode.

But at that point in time, Xiao Feng wasn't madly in love with Ah Zhu yet.

Oh, and Sweeper Monk would have whupped all of em into paste.
    Emm, actually I don't think he could kill all 300 of them. After he has smashed the 50th head or so, those goons would get the idea and run the hell outta there in all directions.
    Last edited by CC; 04-28-04 at 05:53 AM.

I agree, Hulkier mode. It's true that he wasn't in love with Ah Zhu yet then, but his sense of chivalry would have been gravely offended by these famed pugilists killing a wounded girl with little martial arts ability, which would've served to enrage him enough to go into Hulkier mode.

If he had been already in love with Ah Zhu though, he probably would have gone into Hulkiest mode.

LOL...

What I wouldn't give to see XF go absolutely berserk on those self righteous bigots.

I don't think SM would break the killing restriction. Even so though, he'd be able to disable everyone there pretty easily. I still don't quite get how he got so powerful: was it because of his devoutness?

XF alone already wiped about half of them already. Sweeper Monk can just brush them all to the underworld with mere waves of his sleeves.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Since we've got undisputed decision already that the Sweeper Monk would have no problem whatsoever in the fight, I think we can close this thread

SM's power most probably comes from compatibleness
    He is compatible with the Shaolin Arts and with constant training, he became stronger

Or it could have something to do with his past.

Though I believe, from Jin Yong's point of view, the first one is much more likely.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

I think it's probably becaue he's enlightened. He did say the kinder your heart is, the more techniques you can master.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Its his achievement in buddhism that enabled his achievement in martial arts. He told XYS that shaolin arts need to go hand in hand with buddhism. His level of enlightment in the buddhist teaching must be way higher than his martial prowess.