Thread: How long was the Golden Wheel Monk out of action?

Default How long was the Golden Wheel Monk out of action?

After the Golden Wheel Monk was injured by Little Dragon Girl's Honeybee Needle at Chung Yeung Temple, he was not seen again until the Mongols renewed their assault on Seung Yeung Fortress sixteen years later. How bad was the Golden Wheel Monk's injury? How long was he really out of commission? Did it take him sixteen years to fully recover from that injury?

With his inner power at that time (about equal to the Greats), probably half a day.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by Candide
    With his inner power at that time (about equal to the Greats), probably half a day.
    And yet, sixteen years passed before he was heard from again. I wonder what caused the long delay?

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    And yet, sixteen years passed before he was heard from again. I wonder what caused the long delay?
    He probably was there commanding the Mongolians to harrass Guo Jing every other week or something like that. Or maybe Mongke and Kubilai called him back up North to do some special missions like getting rid of some of their cousins or half-brothers. Just that Jin Yong had to spend that time pleasing the readers by telling stories about Yang Guo, so there was no free slot for Jin Lun.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

or maybe he was hunting down Huo Do.

Default Re: How long was the Golden Wheel Monk out of action?

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    After the Golden Wheel Monk was injured by Little Dragon Girl's Honeybee Needle at Chung Yeung Temple, he was not seen again until the Mongols renewed their assault on Seung Yeung Fortress sixteen years later. How bad was the Golden Wheel Monk's injury?
    I thought that JLFW lost an inner energy battle against YG when XLN distracted him with an ordinary unpoisoned needle.

IIRC JLFW wanted to avoid trading techniques with YG's Iron Sword so he opted to apply his inner power instead. JLFW and YG compete with their inner power. YG comes up with a plan where to use his right sleeve to strike but JLFW is waiting for him to make this move.

At this point YG is carrying a dazed XLN on his back -the reason that JLFW was able to compete inner power instead of techniques I believe. XLN in a bewildered state sees JLFW glaring at them with the evil eye so she takes out a plain golden needle, and reaches slowly forward to poke it. JLFW sees this and in a moment of distraction is overpowered by YG's inner power. YG proceeds to finish JLFW off. Da Er Ba pleads with YG for the life of JLFW while Huo Du runs off promising to avenge their death.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

maybe he decided to train very hard and decided to finally come back to china to face YG when he reached level 10 Elephant-Dragon-whatever kung fu

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    maybe he decided to train very hard and decided to finally come back to china to face YG when he reached level 10 Elephant-Dragon-whatever kung fu
    But he is still a sore loser like he was regardless of whatever level he reached as he never have any courage for a fair fight against fighter at his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    But he is still a sore loser like he was regardless of whatever level he reached as he never have any courage for a fair fight against fighter at his level.
    He fought ZBT and Yideng fair and square, and both times it was the other side that played dirty. They ganged up on him, attacked him with eagles, and without any fear in his heart he just admitted defeat and calmly sat down to wait for death.

What a coward!

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    He fought ZBT and Yideng fair and square, and both times it was the other side that played dirty. They ganged up on him, attacked him with eagles, and without any fear in his heart he just admitted defeat and calmly sat down to wait for death.
    The Greats had a golden (no pun intended) opportunity to get an important POW that time and inexplicably passed it up. How much would it have been worth to the Seung Yeung defenders to have the Golden Wheel Monk as a POW (at least in terms of morale)?

I wonder if Kublai or Mongke would have agreed to pay ransom for him, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The Greats had a golden (no pun intended) opportunity to get an important POW that time and inexplicably passed it up. How much would it have been worth to the Seung Yeung defenders to have the Golden Wheel Monk as a POW (at least in terms of morale)?

I wonder if Kublai or Mongke would have agreed to pay ransom for him, though.
    They didn't pass it up, surely they meant to take him prisoner by sealing his acupoints, but he just managed to trick Guo Xiang into releasing him.

They didn't pass it up, surely they meant to take him prisoner by sealing his acupoints, but he just managed to trick Guo Xiang into releasing him.
    Rule # 1 about taking prisoners: don't let the prisoner out of your sight, even if you think you have him bound and helpless.

You can't blame them, they were all in a rush and eager to save the dreamy Condor Hero!

You can't blame them, they were all in a rush and eager to save the dreamy Condor Hero!
    They still could have dragged the Golden Wheel Monk with them as they did that.

And how he thanks someone who just saved his life? Kidnap her and try to burn her alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    And how he thanks someone who just saved his life? Kidnap her and try to burn her alive.
    Have you read the novel?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Have you read the novel?
    No. I based it on ROCH83 with Andy Lau and Idy Chan.