Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Qiao Zhen Yu

QZY does look good, but I don't like his costumes in "Qi Jian". I was hoping he'd look more like a da xia than have his hair wrapped up in a turban.

Thanks for the info about QZY's role in TLTR, trieuminh. Lu Yi's sister isn't interested in him? Doh! Maybe he will eventually help her to move on from her past relationship? If not, I hope that he at least ends up with some decent girl.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I found some screen caps of his second serie...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_14096874/%8ds%8ds%8fo%8f%f3%8c%b3/01.jpg?bcsC4rBBPM4zdswy')

More Pix-In Photo Section

TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

His second series? Which one would that be?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

So in random series that are now showing on Chinese television, Xue Hua Xiao Long Nu has a prime time slot on one of the various regional channels. I became aware of this fact when I was channel surfing and ran into Qiao Zhen Yu, or rather, ran into Ouyang Ming Ri.

I became aware of two things very quickly:
    1) He has a insanely large chair. Seriously, it's less a wheelchair than a four canopy bed on wheels
    2) He has a surprisingly deep voice. Looking at his pictures, and especially of what he looks like in the show, you would expect something more tenor-like. And although he is not booming yet, his voice is getting there.

Ah, so you managed to catch some of XHNSL, eh?

Lol, frankly, I didn't pay too much attention to Ouyang Ming Ri's wheelchair when I was watching the series as I was too focused on the guy sitting in it (), but now that I think about it, you're right.

Yep, QZY's voice is quite deep (in a very good way), but somehow, I think it fits him and his character in XHNSL. Maybe it's because I never had the "luxury" of seeing any pics prior to watching him in a series before.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

lady zhuge and all other Qiao Zhen Yu fans,

Want to get ur opinion, heard that China is interested in redoing Lu ding ji..do you think that Qiao Zhen Yu is suitable to be considered for the role of Wei Xiao Bao?

i was looking at some of his ancient costume pictures..he looks very suitable for the role of Yang qi lang in TVB's Yang Jia Jiang in the 80s....like Tony Leung's qi lang/lei shen. what do you all think?

does anyone have any good quality pictures of him smiling? it seems his smile is so rare.

by the way..happy holidays everyone (inspired by this lovely christmas tune on the radio now...)
    Last edited by strawberry; 12-08-04 at 11:34 AM.

Does QZY remind you of Tony Leung or something? You seem to be interested in seeing him cast in the same roles. QZY is a very good actor so although I can't picture him easily as Wei Xiao Bao with Dicky's and Tony's portrayals in my mind, I think he would do a very convincing job in the role. I've always thought he'd make a good Ouyang Ke, Murong Fu, or even Yang Kang.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

no..its just a coincidence..but maybe its because he's young and boyish enough to play these roles..well...tony was young and boyish too then and he was also a good actor back then.

actually, the casting of WXB started because Chaule and I were discussing who would be good for the role of WXB and so far of all the threads I drop by, outwardly, QZY looks the most suitable Chinese actor.

you..on the other hand seemed to see him as a villain..all the roles you have him in mind are not the 'good' main heros
    any reason why is that so?

what do the rest think of QZY as WXB?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    you..on the other hand seemed to see him as a villain..all the roles you have him in mind are not the 'good' main heros
    any reason why is that so?
    No, there is no particular reason except that I think his looks would suit those roles. All of those characters are supposed to be young and handsome and I was quite disappointed with the actors that were chosen in the mainland adaptations of DGSD and LOCH on that front. Of course I would also love to see QZY as a dashing wuxia hero in which he saves and eventually ends up with the girl of his dreams.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

new wallpaper of qiao zhen yu...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img80.exs.cx/img80/4765/qiaozhenwuwallpaper010md.jpg')

more pix, click here

Qiao Zhen Yu ranked number 5 on a recent sohu.com "mainland male celebrities" internet poll behind Chen Kun, Huang Hai Bing, Ding Hai Feng, and Wang Xue Bing. Rounding out the top 10 were, in order from number 6 on down, Nie Yuan, Lu Yi, Liu Ye, Wu Jing, and Huang Xiao Ming.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 12-21-04 at 01:38 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Oh, thats really good to hear. Hehe, he ranked above a lot of other well known stars if you ask me. Has he been doing a lot of series? Lol, I am so behind in this thread!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

it is very good too....I see in yesasia, there has new serie of him with Noel Leung

You mean this series?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/videos/14/l_p1003921714.jpg')

QZY doesn't appear to have a big part.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

yes, I mean this...do you see it yet??? is it good???

um... i don't think he is suited tp play a funny character like WXB.
    to me, he looks more suited to play the dashing wuxia heroes with a touch of playfulness and gentle humor, like Shen Lang in Wu Lin Wai Shi, Chu Liu Xiang and even Lu Xiao Feng. hehe. but he is also suited to play villains as well!
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

He wouldn't be my first choice to play WXB either, but given his diverse acting talents, I think he'd be able to pull it off if cast in the role. I think it'd be cool if he were cast as young Kang Xi and either Jia Yi Ping or Bao Jian Feng were cast as WXB.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

i think he is can play the role of HXM in Da Han Tian Zhi well too. he has that intensity in his eyes that is suited to play these kind of roles.
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Bao jian feng does not look that young to me..that's why I did not think of him as xiaobao. Qiao zhen yu on the other hand, look young enough to play the role convincingly. I could be wrong but just my opinions.

Pix...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img117.exs.cx/img117/8766/144551083lbizkffq5lz.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img117.exs.cx/img117/8683/1445510annq1phwc1wn.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img117.exs.cx/img117/4916/1445510ec2dlomiz4ig.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img117.exs.cx/img117/2558/200412222053204123yx.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img117.exs.cx/img117/2917/200412222055497847yg.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img117.exs.cx/img117/7663/20041222205649736gw.jpg')