Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829

Thread: Qiao Zhen Yu

Quote Originally Posted by Prinxess19 View Post
    Thanks for replying to my reply. Ahhhhhhhhh it is okie I understand. Can u give a summary? Pretty Please [/left]
    OK, I'll summarize just for you, Prinxess.

I started off by admitting that becoming a QZY fan was rather unexpected for me, because I normally like older celebrities who are more established in their work, also with his gorgeous looks I would usually write him off as an idol with no substance. Indeed his acting skills, while quite good for someone who was not classically trained as an actor, still have room to improve. Fortunately I was able to find an acceptable rationale for liking him: what really made me fall for him was not his attractive appearance but the air of innocence he seems to exude both on and off screen.

Then I talked about the few TV series I've seen involving him, starting with Seven Swordsmen, then XHNSL, followed by Spirit of the Sword and Book and Sword, gave mini-reviews on each of them. Of these, Seven Swordsmen ranks the highest in terms of overall quality, although QZY was a side character, he gave a memorable performance in limited screen time. XHNSL, though hampered by low budget and hasty production, was an early showcase of QZY's acting chops. After seeing the series a lot of people expected the actor's personality to be similar to that of Ming Ri, which turned out to be untrue. Ming Ri is highly aristocratic, cool on the surface, passionate on the inside, physically handicapped but wise beyond his years. In contrast QZY in real life is more akin to your Boy Next Door, earthy, modest, hardworking, physically talented but not good with words. Therefore being able to bring Ming Ri to life on screen was a testament to QZY's acting skills. Also, due to physical limitations of the character, the camera was often focused on Ming Ri's facial expressions and hand gestures, this would be challenging for many young actors, however the subtlety with which QZY handled these scenes showed great promise for him. I'm relatively critical of Spirit of the Sword and Book and Sword, with the same director we are not surprised the two series share some of the same weaknesses, mostly attributed to irresponsible screenplays which take too much liberty with the original novels they were based on. However at least QZY is finally thrust into central starring roles and has demonstrated that he is quite adept at the coming-of-age type of storyline.

Then I mentioned that I look forward to seeing QZY's portrayal of Zheng Ke Shuang in Lu Ding Ji (The Deer and the Cauldron). Although his fans can not understand why he picked the thankless minor villain role and most think of it as a gross miscast, I actually applaud him for trying to expand his acting range. To illustrate my point I brought up the example of veteran actor Chen Bao Guo who in his early 30's chose the more challenging role of street hooligan Glasseye in the film Shen Bian over the much sought after sympathetic role of Oldest Son in the TV series Si Shi Tong Tang. This career move ruined his future as a possible screen idol, but embarked him on a distinguished career as a character actor. I then revealed my secret hope that QZY would be cast in well-produced large scale historical dramas and get to work with Chen Bao Guo, and get a pointer or two from the latter in the process which will no doubt benefit him as an actor.

To wrap up, I pointed out some things I liked about QZY outside of his work. I liked the fact he was a dance major which gave him not only elegant body language but also a quieter persona than his colleagues who went to acting schools. He is always awkward and uneasy on variety shows, obviously hasn't learned the tricks of the trade as far as how to get noticed as an entertainer. He has been criticized by his own fans for not paying attention to his image, often wearing a dark tan and mustache (both are major turn-off's for Chinese young female audience), although I find it endearing that he seems totally oblivious of his own awesome beauty. Recently he was spotted playing video games alone for hours in a theater arcade in Beijing, obviously still a child at heart, no wonder his face always seems so young and innocent, so unaffected by stardom. His personality reminds me of the title of a song "Free as the Wind". In this age of increasing cynicism and practicality, it is so rare to maintain this inner tranquility in one's heart. More than ever, I cherish that innocence in his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by lilywhite View Post
    OK, I'll summarize just for you, Prinxess.
    Thanks Lilywhite u r awesome. HUGSSSSSSSSS. Very good summary and I am sure it was very well written as a QZY fan. Awwwwww a kid at heart haha sound like me.

It is so good to hear more about QZY for I cant read chinese and my mandarin is so limited that I dont know much about him except I absolutely adore him in ancient series.

It is good to know that he is down to earth and modest. I heard from dogwood that he went to his official website to chat with his fans and he seems pretty nice. I love the innocence that he protray. I dont know I just find it so cute and shuai and awwwwwwwwwww. I just love his eyes

I also think he is an excellent actor so when I heard ppl criticizing him in Legend of the Book and Sword I was very offended but then I dont understand half the stuff that they r saying in the drama so hehe maybe I shouldnt critize but then if I could understand I will be so bias

Beside Ouyang Ming Ri, his Chen Jia Lok is definitely second role I like. I have yet to watch Seven Swords maybe one day. I heard it is on mysoju.

Hehe I cant wait to see him in Chinese Dating. He look so cute from the pictures I seen
    Last edited by Prinxess19; 08-31-09 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless Flower View Post
    Oh, that's really interesting!!!
    Why is it that some Wuxia series from China have subs (Seven Swordmen) and some don't (most of QZY's other work)???
    Thank god for mysoju and asianrice but even they don't have all his stuff.
    Well I think the Seven Swordmen was the most well produced series QZY has been involved in. The plot line, cinematography, music, and the caliber of the cast were all a cut above most recent Wuxia series I've seen. Both the film Seven Swordsmen and the TV series were either directed or overseen by Hong Kong director Hark Tsui who had been well known for his darkly philosophical action/martial arts movies (e.g., The Blade 1995 starring Vincent Chiu Man Cheuk). A series like this started off with an international audience in mind, so it's not surprising you can easily find versions with English subtitles. Unfortunately most other Chinese TV series would not be so ambitious.

Fresh off the press:

Some pics from the new movie "Confucius", with Chow Yun Fat starring as the title character, and QZY in the role of his son.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chenrujia.com/C1.jpg')
    Last edited by lilywhite; 09-28-09 at 10:37 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chenrujia.com/C2.jpg')

Fatherly love

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chenrujia.com/C3.jpg')

siblings

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chenrujia.com/C4.jpg')

Pouring rain

Wohoo thanks for sharing. I want to watch it just for QZY hehe

Thanks lily for the news

Found a clip of another modern dance by Qiao Zhen Yu from youtube, credits to Xiaokhanh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPEu2lKS378
    Quite a catchy tune and thought he danced rather well.

Here's another link to a new series he just completed where he dances a Mongolian dance of some sort and where he confessed that he was a bit nervous riding on a camel. http://space.dianshiju.cctv.com/vide...57296298936888

Yes, looking forward to that upcoming drama in the second clip, he finally made it into a "real" historical drama for a change.

Smile

Two of my favorite men in one MV!
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/tsrXYzuxLOI/

Some more nice MV's of Qiao Zhen Yu!
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/8GIRxHUoYXw/
    http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playin...7693998&cid=22
    http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playin...=2070801&cid=1

What is Qiao Zhen Yu doing these days? I haven't heard much of him lately.

I've just finished watching "Confucious" and I must say....as much as I find the life of the great man interesting, the movie dragged and dragged and there were way too many characters. I didn't know half the time who was talking and what their importance was and sure enough, they didn't have enough screentime to be really memorable.

Sadly, the same was true for our QZY. He's hardly in it. He's in one single scene. Don't get me wrong, I think Chow Yun Fat was great as Confucius but I was hoping for a little more QZY and a lot more Confucian wisdom.

Ah well....

Wow, this thread has been so inactive. I wonder if all of Qiao Zhen Yu's fans are hanging out in the Chinese forums only.

I found this nice MV of Qiao Zhen Yu and Liu Yi Fei. It's pretty nice.

Gosh, check out how handsome Qiao Zhen Yu looks in this video!

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ET4YLdpVJHM/

Here's a very well-made MV on Qiao Zhen Yu, Hu Ge, LSS, Tong Liya, Wallace Huo, and Yuan Hong!

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/iE13LvoRTok/?FR=LIAN

Hello everyone, happy to find so many Qiao's fans here. Actually, I googled his name in English on a whim just to know his international popularity. Now, I am satisfied with the result~

According to our Chinese fans' knowledge, Qiao is not a flamboyant actor. He's very down to earth and never puts himself at the center of controversy. Therefore, he's always on the verge of being wildly popular. However, his efforts devoted to his career cannot be neglected. From the very outset, the role of "Ouyang Mingri(欧阳明日)" in “Xue hua nv shen long(雪花女神龙)” brought him maximal recognition, but it also stereotyped his acting image as a personable and highly intelligent man(a typical figure of the ancient Gong zi公子). Qiao spared no effect to break this image in following years and he has successfully challenged many disparate roles. Thus, we adore him not only for his handsome appearance but also for his personality~

I'd like to post some pictures~(I really love his image in ancient attire!!)
    QZY.jpg
    Zhou TingChen of Feng Huo Jia Ren
    QZY3.jpg
    Ouyang Shaogong of Legend of Ancient Sword

These 2 are all his latest played roles.

Attachment 9585
    QZY.jpg
    Su Heng of Hua Xu Yin, new TV series
    Last edited by Anne-luoluo; 11-14-13 at 08:11 PM.

QZY1.jpg
    QZY2.jpg
    QZY3.jpg
    QZY4.jpg
    Su Heng of Hua Xu Yin
    Last edited by Anne-luoluo; 11-14-13 at 08:19 PM.

a MV about Ouyang Shanggong of Legend of Ancient Sword
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjE2MT...tml?f=20487276