+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 579

Thread: Qiao Zhen Yu

  1. #21
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Originally posted by Suet Seung
    He looks incredibly young in that picture where he wears a suit and tie. And the last picture in Lady's post isn't quite attractive...makes me think he's a FOB. HAhaha
    I think everyone in that pic looks a bit washed out.

    Hmmm...there seems to be continued discrepancy about QZY's birthdate. The sitemaster of http://www.qiaozhenyu.com/index1.htm has informed me that his birthday is 11/1/78. If that's the case, he's not as young as he looks. However, this article has his birthday as 12/25/80.












    Source for the above gifs: fan sigs at QZY's forum at http://www.long-d.com.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 05-07-04 at 12:46 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  2. #22
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    I really need to find out which series these gifs are from:




















    Source: QZY's forum at http://www.long-d.com
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  3. #23
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Qiao Zhen Yu in 行行出状元:











    Source: QZY's forum at http://www.long-d.com
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  4. #24
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Random pics:












    Source: QZY's forum at http://www.long-d.com
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  5. #25
    Kikyo
    Unregistered

    Default

    I've just been checking out XHNS (thanks to Lady Zhuge for all the info!) and QZY definitely stood out for me. Although the red dot on the forehead is somewhat distracting, QZY looks soooo suave, elegant, charming...the list goes on. I want to see XHNS so much now, just to check out QZY. Alas, I've got piles of assignments and exams are coming up.

    Those are very yummy pics of QZY posted above. That first pic of him and Lu Yi in the 1st post wasn't that crash hot. I was beginning to think QZY looked better in ancient costume and Lu Yi looked better in modern. But, those above pics prove me wrong...looks like QZY posing as one of those oh so perfectly handsome japanese anime villians (almost every smart villian in japanese anime looks handsome...don't know why e.g. sesshoumaru, Zagato). However, is it me, or does QZY have a bit of pink lipstick, specifically on the bottom lip?

    Anyways, this guy is very compatible with me! Born in the same year, also a monkey, and I love blue too!

  6. #26
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Originally posted by Kikyo
    I want to see XHNS so much now, just to check out QZY. Alas, I've got piles of assignments and exams are coming up.
    Hey, maybe you can reward yourself after all the school work is over with. As distracting as series can be, sometimes they actually make the academic must-dos a bit more tolerable.

    Originally posted by Kikyo
    However, is it me, or does QZY have a bit of pink lipstick, specifically on the bottom lip?
    Yeah, it does seem like it. The make-up artists are pros, so they know what they're doing.

    Originally posted by Kikyo
    Anyways, this guy is very compatible with me! Born in the same year, also a monkey, and I love blue too!
    Watch out SS. It looks like you've got some competition now. Kikyo's signs even match up with QZY's.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  7. #27
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default















    I should have thought to do this earlier. Anyway, just assume that all images are from QZY's forum at http://www.long-d.com unless otherwise noted.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  8. #28
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,934

    Default

    Originally posted by Lady Zhuge


    Watch out SS. It looks like you've got some competition now. Kikyo's signs even match up with QZY's.
    Not neccessarily. In Chinese Astrology, you're suppose to be compatible with someone who is either 4 years older than you or 4 years younger. Kikyo says she's born in the same year, you guys might clash with each other if you are indeed in the same year, cuz I think boars clash with each other and do not get along with each other. But you said he's born in 1978, so does that make him a monkey anymore or a horse?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Originally posted by Suet Seung
    Not neccessarily. In Chinese Astrology, you're suppose to be compatible with someone who is either 4 years older than you or 4 years younger. Kikyo says she's born in the same year, you guys might clash with each other if you are indeed in the same year, cuz I think boars clash with each other and do not get along with each other. But you said he's born in 1978, so does that make him a monkey anymore or a horse?
    Hey, if Kikyo believes they're astrologically compatible, who am I to disagree? I've never heard of that 4 years rule. My parents are the same age and they get along just fine. Horses and monkeys are not the same as boars now, are they? Going by the official website stats, he would be a horse.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  10. #30
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,934

    Default

    Yes but Kikyo and Zhen Yu isn't your Parents are they? So who says they're going to be compatible at all?

    Anyway gotta say he looks much better in the last picture in your posts, NOW how's Crazy going to say he look ummmm what were her words? Whatever it was, she can't say that about him once she see those pictures here. Hmph
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    The example with my parents proves that the 4 years rule or whatever is not infallible or even necessarily accurate. Who are you to say that they would NOT be compatible?

    Haha, I don't think crazy has ever seen this thread.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  12. #32
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,934

    Default

    To Lady Zhuge,

    Eh...who cares about your parents.

    Don't bother me while I'm at his pictures here and with Zhen Yu here.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Of course you don't care, now that they've disproved your theory.

    Okay, I will leave you to your ogling and drooling. Just please don't leave another big mess like you did last time.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  14. #34
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Qiao Zhen Yu looking very suave at a Xiang Zhuo, Xiang You (Turn Left, Turn Right) press conference:



    This new TV series stars Lu Yi and Alyssa Chia.

    Source: http://ent.sina.com.cn
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  15. #35
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    If anyone is interested:

    Opening clip of 新五女拜壽

    Ending clip of 新五女拜壽

    Note that QZY is NOT a main lead in this series, so he's only very, very briefly in each of the above clips.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  16. #36
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,934

    Default

    Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Qiao Zhen Yu looking very suave at a Xiang Zhuo, Xiang You (Turn Left, Turn Right) press conference:



    This new TV series stars Lu Yi and Alyssa Chia.

    Source: http://ent.sina.com.cn
    Somehow with those big sunglasses, he look much older. Don't you think?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Originally posted by Suet Seung
    Somehow with those big sunglasses, he look much older. Don't you think?
    Yeah, he does.

    BTW, I found out what his first projects were. His first film was 龙腾虎跃 (Long Teng Hu Yue) in 2000. His first series was 新女驸马 (Xin Nu Fu Ma), also made in 2000.
    Another interesting fact about him is that he progressed through various schools of dance starting in 1992. I guess he started out as a dance major.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 05-09-04 at 03:37 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  18. #38
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Clips of QZY's first series!!! Again, he's not a lead by any means, but he does appear to get a bit more air time in these than in the other set of clips I posted above.

    Opening clip from 新女驸马 (Xin Nu Fu Ma)

    Ending clip from 新女驸马
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 05-09-04 at 04:02 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  19. #39
    Kikyo
    Unregistered

    Default

    For the above pics of QZY (one that begins with QZY in a white costume) the hairstyle is not 'nice' to say the least...can't stand that one sided fringe business. I much prefer his XHNSL hairstyle.

    A bit more about this compatibility thingie, it is actually more likely that 'similar' people will 'flock' together. I remember from genetics lectures that there is actually a slight genetic similarity between married couples. But yes, I can understand Suet Seung's point as well. Both Chinese and Western astrology doesn't really advocate similar signs as ever a good mix.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Originally posted by Kikyo
    For the above pics of QZY (one that begins with QZY in a white costume) the hairstyle is not 'nice' to say the least...can't stand that one sided fringe business. I much prefer his XHNSL hairstyle.
    His hairstyle in XHNSL definitely makes him look more distinguished. The hairstyles in the above pics make him look more casual and playful, so I guess it all depends on the character he is portraying.

    Originally posted by Kikyo
    A bit more about this compatibility thingie, it is actually more likely that 'similar' people will 'flock' together. I remember from genetics lectures that there is actually a slight genetic similarity between married couples. But yes, I can understand Suet Seung's point as well. Both Chinese and Western astrology doesn't really advocate similar signs as ever a good mix.
    Well, either way is open for interpretation and twisting. Actually, according to the birthday listed at his official site, QZY would be a horse and not a monkey.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Similar Threads

  1. Qiao Feng vs Gongsun Zi
    By ToiletMonk in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-30-10, 10:26 AM
  2. Joe Chen a.k.a Qiao En
    By Willa in forum Actresses
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-19-10, 05:03 PM
  3. Joanne Zheng (Qiao Qiao) - Sweety!
    By Sparkly_Chic in forum Actresses
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-20-08, 07:56 AM
  4. Full Count-Qiao Qiao, Chen Yi, Tony Sun, Xiao Qiao
    By bonniec1 in forum Taiwanese TV Series
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-27-07, 06:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts