Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Qiao Zhen Yu

Default halu everyone!

Konichiwa!! wow! am i glad i am not the only one who likes Qiao Zhen Yu. Actuallt, i first saw him in Xin Ni Fu Ma. he was a villain in there. the main character(forgot her name, she is the star in HZGG 3, Huang Yi?) is a girl so beautiful that all the eligible bachelor wants to marry her, including our QZY. but she loves only one person, sorry gus, i am kinda hazy with the details, i saw it last 2000 and frankly, it did not treally make much of an impression on me, so i really can't remember some of the details, i juz remembered it after watching Xue hua Ni Shen Long and i saw him again, wow what a handsome!!! so, plz bear with me okay?
    so, she loves this scholarly guy(who by my standard is not good-looking, don't know what she sees in him!) but he is poor, so they are sort of a star-crossed lovers. then, QZY, the son of a General, who if i remember clearly is having an affair with one of the empero's wives( by the way, they are both villains!), QZY ask the emperor to plz issue an order so that he may marry the main character. of course, with an order like that, you and your family will be killed if you don;t obey, the main character's master gave her some pill, which she drank(this would make her seem as if she is alrdy dead). so everyone mourned, but QZY still wnted to marry her!!! so a marriage ceremony went through, with QZY marrying a "dead" person! then he laughs evilly and declared that even in death, she is his, and he has the most beautiful woman as his wife! duh!
    then the MC(main Char.) decided to start dressing as a man to hide her identity, for whatever reasons, she got married to the princess(i think its because she is a good and smart general! yup! what a way to hide, serve the king!) so the princess is wondering why she isn't sleeping with her, but she is quite ok with that coz she loves a swordsman whom she met on her journeys, basically, the whole story revolves on the evil empresses' plot together with her lover to rid of the emperor, the MC as the Fu Ma of the princess, must do everything she can to help the emperor!
    sorry if i am fuzzy, i kinda forgotten the details already coz its so long since i saw it. but tell you what, QZY was so handsome in there, even if he was a bad guy!!!
    couldn't understand why MC did not like him!!!
    you want to know what happened to QZY at the end or you want to find out for yourselves? huh? hehehe! reply to me as soon as you can,
    ow, i also watched Xue Hua Ni Shen Long, tell you what, the female protagonist should have her eyes checked! why she would choose that guy when QZY is madly in love with her and is more caring and cooler and more HANDSOME is beyond me!!!
    till then!
    Last edited by Jenny_shiny; 05-20-04 at 12:12 PM.
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Hey Jenny! It's so nice to have another Qiao Zhen Yu fan here at SPCNET, and you've actually watched some of his works too! Thanks so much for all that info about Xin Nu Fu Ma. This just shows what a versatile actor QZY is. He can play the protagonist and antagonist equally well. Of course, bad guys usually come to bad endings, so I can perhaps venture a guess on his character's outcome in the XNFM series. Would you be so kind as to post a big ***SPOILERS***, and then what happens to him? Thanks a lot in advance.

I really started to like QZY during my viewing of Xue Hua Nu Shen Long. Yes, Ouyang Ming Ri/Sai Hua Tuo is soooooo much cooler than Sima Chang Feng, but you really can't do much with the curse of those star-crossed swords. Physically, I don't really think Ming Ri and Shangguan Yan make a great couple ('cause she looks more like a big sister or something), but I just wish he could find true happiness.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Default Spoliers!!!

Hehehe. So you like my story huh?
    Ow, spoilers? You sure? Ok!
    So, as I was telling you the last time, he ws a bad guy here. But not really of his own doing. He was juz bad because he wanted the protagonist to be his wife so much that he did do anything to have her!
    But rest assured, even if he died, he died an honourable death!
    As I was saying, the protagonist disuguised herself as a man, became a general in the king’s court, and became the princess’ husband!
    Actually, the princess knew her way before she started disguising as a man. In fact, she help her be with her loved one, but alas, to no avail. She became sad when she learned the protagonist died because of it. it was during her journey outside the palace that she met this swordsman. She love him, he loved her, but still she left him. Why? Duty calls. She believes that her duty to her people is more important than her feelings, so she left him.
    Angry, the swordsman sought out our protagonist, but was pacified when he learned he was a “she”. She told him of her plans blah blah of uncovering the plot of the evil eunuch, empress and her lover general(QZY’s father).
    QZY was always suspicious of her. He thought she looked familiar, and was way too feminine looking. In fact, he almost caught her! When they were fighting, he almost was able to touched her!
    Well, at last, at the end, the evildoers were discovered, during the hijinks, QZY was searching the protagonist’s room, in her closet he found… gasp! Her onderclothes! You know, those red thingy? So, his suspicions were confirmed!
    During the fight scenes, the evil eunuch was about to attack the protagonist, QZY, seeing this, suddenly stood in front of her and took the blow!
    She was shocked! She asked him why he did this, he replied: “ You are my wife, even if we did not live together, but you are still my wife. I would do anything to protect my woman.” Then kapoot! QZY is dead!
    See? It WAS an honourable death! She was deeply touched by what he did!
    So, did our protagonist and her loved one got together? YES. They lived happily ever after. The princess? Well, yes and no. she did live happily ever after. But not with the swordsman. He died(forgot how), but she got together with the son of an aristocrat that loved her waaay back!
    So, hehehe. What do you think?

Thanks for finishing the rest of the story, Jenny. You have a great memory, considering you saw this series in 2000.

Ok, I was very wrong about the ending.
    Awww...it sounds like QZY's character dies in this series in a very similar fashion to how he *dies* in XHNSL. I suppose the third party always has to be sacrificed in order for the main protagonists to get together.
    So overall, would you recommend this series, or is it one of those take-it-or-leave-it ones?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Default hmm, difficult question!

well, if you are a fan of QZY, then you should watch it. its not very long, i forgot, but i think its just around 20-30 episodes.
    but i think the story is quite nice, if you like Huang Yi, then you should love to see her in a crossdressing role!
    i would rate it with a 7 out of ten. its good. but, QZY is only a supporting actor, so don't hope much that you will see him a lot here!

If my list of series to watch wasn't so darn long right now, I would definitely be interested in seeing it. I wouldn't expect to see Qiao Zhen Yu much in this show, considering it was his first serial. I think there are 22 episodes in total.
    I've never seen Huang Yi act before, but she seems to be quite popular right now.
    I would love to see QZY get a nice, big role in an exciting Jin Yong production. Wouldn't you?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

hahaha! yup! hope to see him take on the leading actor's role in a big ancient series production. hmm, something that is very heartwretching! um, i like love stories better in wuxia serials than in modern ones, they are more tragic don't you think so?
    hmm, i for one would luv to see him get paired up with my fave actress Fanj Bing Bing, hey, in your opinion, would QZY be better as an emperor or royalty, or as a dashing "Da Xia" cool swordsman? heehee.

I agree with you about ancient love stories. These days, divorce rates are so high and commonplace that it's hardly a tragedy anymore. Back then, it's more *sniff*sniff*.
    I don't think QZY has the look of an emperor right now. He definitely passes for a prince, though. He's just so young and fresh looking. Can you see him as a dashing royal "da xia"? He plays both good and not-so-saintly characters equally well. That definitely broadens his horizons for future roles.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

yup! he can portray both well. yes, it would be nice to see him as a cold-hearted Da Xia. where he would be flying and fighting against a backdrop of mountain, river....
    sigh... daydreaming again. can't help it! he's just too handsome!
    wats his latest series by the way?

I doubt you're alone in the daydreaming about QZY department, Jenny.

I made a mention of his latest series on the first page of this thread, but it's a modern one called Ai Wo, Ni Pa Ma? Here's the purchase info and what it looks like again for anyone who is interested: http://www.11china.com/product_info....ucts_id/37339/
    I hope he makes an exciting new wuxia series soon.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

sorry if i took too long to reply, school just opened, so i got swamped... sigh...
    hmmm, i think i will rent it after i finish the dozens(literally) of tapes i have here at home which i still have not watched. i have here the Treasure Box starring Zhang Wei-Jiang, Zhang Ting and Fan Bing Bing, Mission of the Warriors with Huang Hai-bing, 4 detectives with Wallace Chung and Rebecca Wang, Huang Dai Zhi Mi Shi with Steven Ma, Ning Jing, Da Jiao Qing and Hu Jing...
    and a dozen tapes!
    China: Warriors of Heaven and Earth, Xiao Au Jiang Hu, Celphone
    HK: Silver Hawk, Infernal Affairs 3, Sounds of Colors
    Korea: Volcano High, Ditto, Il Mare, The Classic, and i want to rewatch My Sassy Girl! heehee!
    But i don't think i will finish this all soon, oh well, QZY can wait, i don't have enough money to rent a new one yet...

Talking

Originally posted by Jenny_shiny
    yup! he can portray both well. yes, it would be nice to see him as a cold-hearted Da Xia. where he would be flying and fighting against a backdrop of mountain, river....
    sigh... daydreaming again. can't help it! he's just too handsome!
    wats his latest series by the way?
    Hahaha......yes....I can't agree with you more. I love those type of guys. Cold on the outside but very warm-hearted in the inside. hee-hee-hee

For some reason, he reminds me of Ren Quan. You know what? They could really pass off as brothers--the two of them...don't you agree?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Hey Jenny! It's nice to see you back again. I know how it is with school and wanting (no actually, needing ) to watch series is like. I myself am on summer vacation right now, but I still have to work full-time. So many series, so little number of hours in a day.
    I have that Four Detective series you mentioned as well, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I've heard of that Huang Tai Zi Mi Shi, but haven't seen it. I've watched its sister series Xiao Zhuang Mi Shi, though. The same actors appear to be in both series.

Now, back on topic before we get disciplined by a mod. I've never seen QZY in any modern series before, have you?

SS: Hmm...I guess QZY sort of does look like Ren Quan. They both have the rather Roman-ish nose and big eyes. I guess you're a fan of Ren Quan? Maybe you should start a thread about him.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady Zhuge - Haha, frankly, Ren Quan and Qiao Zhen Yu are pretty much my new objects of attraction, however, I'm not really into going forums and threads to talk about them, I rather watch them on the screen (well it's more like Staring at them with awe ) . You have a job but I'm still an unemployed student, who can't quite afford watching a new tv series and so I have yet to go out and rent either of the guy's series. What a pity but their series will still be there waiting for me when I do have a job.

But I'll be renting again, don't worry about that. You know fans like us, we just can't go on for too long before we go off watching tv series after series. heheh
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

to Lady Khuge: thanks. nice to hear from all of you again. wow, its so nice to have your own money to rent or buy series that you like. oh well..
    yes, i have watched Xiao Zhuang Ni shi as well, and as i am currently watching Huang Tai Zi Mi Shi, i nust say i prefer the latter:
    here are my reasons why(sorry, my reasons may be unreasonable and a bit biased )
    1. it stars the very pretty Da Jiao Qing. gosh, she is just so beautiful in here!
    2. Steve Ma and Da Jiao Qing make a very beautiful if not tragic couple in here, sorry to Ning Jing's fans, but i really don't like her in Xiao Zhuang Mi Shi, i think that she does'nt have chemistry with Steve Ma...
    3. the loveteam of Zhao Hong Fei and Hu Jing!
    hehehe. told you i would be biased.
    hmm, no, i haven't watched any modern series of him.... yet. but as long as i have time and money, i may just watched some, but i prefer ancient to modern ones, so, i don't really know.
    to SS: wow! you like Ren Quan too? hehehe! i like him too! he is so cute with FBB!

SS: Actually, I don't rent series. I don't know of any place around here where I can do so.
    I know how you became interested in Qiao Zhen Yu (), but since you haven't watched any of Ren Quan's series yet either, how did he become an object of your attraction? I've only watched him in Dou Shi Tian Shi Re De Huo in which he played a young doctor in the middle of a semi love triangle between a cute, but accident-prone nurse (played by Li Xiao Lu) and the beautiful hospital manager's daughter.

Jenny: The money I'm making is mainly going to tuition bills and car payments, not series. In any case, no matter how much money one has, one can never buy enough hours in a day to watch everything one would like to watch.

yes, i have watched Xiao Zhuang Ni shi as well, and as i am currently watching Huang Tai Zi Mi Shi, i nust say i prefer the latter:
    here are my reasons why(sorry, my reasons may be unreasonable and a bit biased )
    1. it stars the very pretty Da Jiao Qing. gosh, she is just so beautiful in here!
    2. Steve Ma and Da Jiao Qing make a very beautiful if not tragic couple in here, sorry to Ning Jing's fans, but i really don't like her in Xiao Zhuang Mi Shi, i think that she does'nt have chemistry with Steve Ma...
    3. the loveteam of Zhao Hong Fei and Hu Jing!
    hehehe. told you i would be biased.
    Instead of getting too off the thread topic topic here, I've responded to you about these two series in this more appropriate thread, so check it out: http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6388

Whoa, you and SS have quite a bit in common. Both of you like Qiao Zhen Yu and Ren Quan a lot and think Da Jiao Qing is so very beautiful. Now if you can only get her interested in Fan Bing Bing.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

ohhh...my....this guy.....I really really think he is hot.....espeacially in that female snow dragon...gosh he sooo cool....
    Currently In Love With Qiao Zhen Yu
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

Yeah, a lot of girls like his character better than the "main" one. He is just that much cooler. Be sure to support QZY by watching Xue Hua Nu Shen Long if and when it comes out in Viet!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I can't wait anymore.....I'm gonna rent it on mando...even that i will then don't understand it throughly but I can't hold it anymore...blame it on lady zhuge she tempered me to watch the hot and cool QZY.....
    Currently In Love With Qiao Zhen Yu
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

Haha, okay. I take full responsibility. If you get confused or something while watching it, let me know and I'll try to help you out.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")