View Poll Results: Who do you think has the highest internal energy?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guo Jing

17 19.32%
  • Xiao Feng

29 32.95%
  • Yang Gor

16 18.18%
  • Zhang Wuji

26 29.55%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GJ's, XF's, YG's, and ZWJ's internal energy

agreed... thought ZWJ did consume some kinda frogs? that slow down the xuanming poison as they are yang in nature? or something like that.... was in the 1st edition i think...

This isn't going to be one of those things where if you rub a virgin's fresh blood onto the text by the light of the full moon and chant "hare krishna" 72 times while standing on your head, some previously unknown secret chapter of HSDS will emerge, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    This isn't going to be one of those things where if you rub a virgin's fresh blood onto the text by the light of the full moon and chant "hare krishna" 72 times while standing on your head, some previously unknown secret chapter of HSDS will emerge, is it?

lol hahax..nah, these are based on JY's novels..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Damn i knew i was missing something by reading them online.

DY swallowed a frog. Don't think ZWJ did. Xuanming zhang is yin in nature.

i mean the frogs are Yang in nature... 1st ed my friend

I see. Misread sorry. I ve only read 2nd edition. But, eating a frog to slow down the XMZ's effects won't do much for his inner energy/martial arts/other poisons tolerance Id imagine?

yup so true... helps to slow down the spread of the poison.... so that he could find 9Yang...

They were called fire toads no? Possessing Yang toxic energy? (from DG9J earlier thread).

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    They were called fire toads no? Possessing Yang toxic energy? (from DG9J earlier thread).

those frogs can boost internal energy too...it was stated...
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

Yeah ZWJ ate GE food, don't you know that? Stop arguing with kids, Ken.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

In the 1st edition, ZWJ ate the frogs while trapped in that valley(?) where he found 9 Yang. They were fire frogs or something (don't remember the name) filled with extreme heat/Yang. Would have killed an ordinary person. At that time, ZWJ was still suffering from Xuan Ming Palm's cold poison so the heat from the frogs were nicely countered. This was before he found 9 Yang.

Why did YG get the lowest? I thought he got the highest......

Hehe you guys need to stop being so quick to criticize ...
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01
    In the 1st edition, ZWJ ate the frogs while trapped in that valley(?) where he found 9 Yang. They were fire frogs or something (don't remember the name) filled with extreme heat/Yang. Would have killed an ordinary person. At that time, ZWJ was still suffering from Xuan Ming Palm's cold poison so the heat from the frogs were nicely countered. This was before he found 9 Yang.
    I don't have edition 1. Do the frogs have any use on internal energy?

No they did not.. they were filled with an extreme Yang poison which only helps to slow down the spread of the Xuanming poison in ZWJ. any normal person eating them would die i guess

I'm a bit late to the party. But strictly speaking in terms of Internal Energy, IMO, I would say in order of strongest to weakest: GJ, ZWJ, (XF or YG are probably interchangeable).

GJ studied Quanzhen and Nine Yin internal energy for 40 odd-years. I would say his internal energy isn't just vast, it is also pure.

As for Zhang Wuji, his quantity of his art of nine yang probably isn't any less that GJ. But I think he would lose out in terms of purity. It was said that practicing the Taiji skills has helped to refine his chi further, but he would have only practiced these skills for a couple of years at most.

I think that Xiao Feng and Yang Guo are comparable. This is because their internal energy skills are solid and orthodox (Shaolin, Quanzhen, Ancient Tomb, non-sancrit Nine-Yin), but not extraordinary (e.g, sanctity nine-yin, nine-yang, or yi jin jing). That being said, they have cultivated a profound amount of internal energy through the use of first-class martial arts and dedication (XL18Z, Melancholic Palms). Xiao Feng is a genius who was able to maximise any skill he practiced. Yang Guo is a genius, probably not to the extent of XF, but had more fortunate encounters. In terms of purity, it is unlikely that their energies would be as pure as ZSF, YD, or GJ.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyphung View Post
    I'm a bit late to the party. But strictly speaking in terms of Internal Energy, IMO, I would say in order of strongest to weakest: GJ, ZWJ, (XF or YG are probably interchangeable).

GJ studied Quanzhen and Nine Yin internal energy for 40 odd-years. I would say his internal energy isn't just vast, it is also pure.

As for Zhang Wuji, his quantity of his art of nine yang probably isn't any less that GJ. But I think he would lose out in terms of purity. It was said that practicing the Taiji skills has helped to refine his chi further, but he would have only practiced these skills for a couple of years at most.

I think that Xiao Feng and Yang Guo are comparable. This is because their internal energy skills are solid and orthodox (Shaolin, Quanzhen, Ancient Tomb, non-sancrit Nine-Yin), but not extraordinary (e.g, sanctity nine-yin, nine-yang, or yi jin jing). That being said, they have cultivated a profound amount of internal energy through the use of first-class martial arts and dedication (XL18Z, Melancholic Palms). Xiao Feng is a genius who was able to maximise any skill he practiced. Yang Guo is a genius, probably not to the extent of XF, but had more fortunate encounters. In terms of purity, it is unlikely that their energies would be as pure as ZSF, YD, or GJ.
    Yeah totally agree in terms of "quantity" XF GJ YG Wuji more or less "equal" but if we talk about "quality" then GJ edge out every one in this topic except Jue Yuan and Z3F so overall in terms of "quantity" and "quality" GJ should be the best among Greats..