Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What series/movie would you like to see reviewed?

Quote Originally Posted by wuxian
    Here is a list of series that I want to see review before I invest my time watching

ROCH 04
    DemiGods & SemiDevils 03
    Miracle Healer
    Empress Wu
    Hero on the Slik Road
    Warrior of the Yang Clan
    Love at the Aegean Sea
    The Pawnshop No.8
    Oh, The Demi-Gods and Semi Devils '03 review is also in:
    Review By Kiki

I'll like to see the review of Gumiho, The Nine-Tailed Fox.

1.Long piao

2.ROCH china version when its completed filming and becomes available

3.more review of triumph in the skies

4.tian xia di yi

5. Feng Liu Shao nian tang bo hu

6. War of gender

7. and anything new that is truly good should be recommended....

add on 8. lost in the chamber of love.
    Last edited by strawberry; 01-15-05 at 08:31 AM.

Default Series I would Love to See Reviewed

I'm very enthused about the 80's TVB serials, but they're not as easy to
    access and not as many people remember them, so I believe the value of
    reviewing those to be the highest.

I would like to humbly request anyone who remembers these two serials
    in particular to review them:

1) The Fearless Duo
    2) The Grand Canal

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng
    I'm very enthused about the 80's TVB serials, but they're not as easy to
    access and not as many people remember them, so I believe the value of
    reviewing those to be the highest.

I would like to humbly request anyone who remembers these two serials
    in particular to review them:

1) The Fearless Duo
    2) The Grand Canal

Thanks!
    If you want a review of the "Grand Canal" go to my Felix Wong site at:

http://lavender.fortunecity.com/stro...38/index2.html
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Question

Hi I have a request, can you also post the Chinese title (preferrably Mandarin, using Pin Yin or otherwise) of the series? I remember the Chinese titles of past series more than the English titles .
    Last edited by TrueBlueOBC; 03-11-05 at 10:47 PM.
    "The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable."
    - Mark Twain
    "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."
    - Psalm 90:12

Shen Yi Xia Lyu (Miracle Healers)

More chinese series reviews because there are hardly any up to date like TVB, hehe!

probably "Han Wu Da Di" since it's very long -- about 58 episodes

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

anybody seen an adaption of 'the flying dagger' the main character's were LI MAN CHING(LMC), LI WAI(LW) , SIK CHOI YI(SCY). it was in a language i did not speak and he subtittles were likewise so i could only follow part of the story. there's a treasure and everyones looking for it. li man ching is master of the flying dagger, li wai is his 'bastard' son i think who grew up a orphan till he was found by his father but had to leave home because of his stepmom. he learned the flying dagger from a manual his daddy gave him. sik choi yi's father master sik fough wih LMC and lost. he retired with his daughter and started a mantou shop but later went back to fight LMC and lost and died. LW was his disiple before his father found him. SCY grew up and learned her father's swordplay to take revenge and defeat LMC but is always defeated. her 'sister' helps her and may be LMC daughter also wants revenge. then LW and SCY fall in love and get married. she gets pregnent. but leaves him to get revenge on his faher because her sister convinced her. has the baby and later breaks relation with LW. in the end has a duel with LMC but LW takes his place because LMC became crippled from INJURY. in the fight LW's dagger almost strikes SCY but he jumps forward and snatches it back cutting his hand. she stabs in that instant. she wins, her family honur is restored, he goes away bleeding and there's unshed tears in her eyes. a friend of LW slaps some sense into her. she runs after LW and they LIVE happy ever after after some more teary sences.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

anybody seen an adaption of 'the flying dagger' the main character's were LI MAN CHING(LMC), LI WAI(LW) , SIK CHOI YI(SCY). it was in a language i did not speak and he subtittles were likewise so i could only follow part of the story. there's a treasure and everyones looking for it. li man ching is master of the flying dagger, li wai is his 'bastard' son i think who grew up a orphan till he was found by his father but had to leave home because of his stepmom. he learned the flying dagger from a manual his daddy gave him. sik choi yi's father master sik fough wih LMC and lost. he retired with his daughter and started a mantou shop but later went back to fight LMC and lost and died. LW was his disiple before his father found him. SCY grew up and learned her father's swordplay to take revenge and defeat LMC but is always defeated. her 'sister' helps her and may be LMC daughter also wants revenge. then LW and SCY fall in love and get married. she gets pregnent. but leaves him to get revenge on his faher because her sister convinced her. has the baby and later breaks relation with LW. in the end has a duel with LMC but LW takes his place because LMC became crippled from INJURY. in the fight LW's dagger almost strikes SCY but he jumps forward and snatches it back cutting his hand. she stabs in that instant. she wins, her family honur is restored, he goes away bleeding and there's unshed tears in her eyes. a friend of LW slaps some sense into her. she runs after LW and they LIVE happy ever after after some more teary sences. anyone who's seen this please make a more detailed sysnosis.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Wind and Cloud 2 and the Commandements(it's old but I still want to see a review)

I might of post this already but, I would like to see review of Thai Lakon, there already review for japanese and korean drama, and thai lakon seem to be pretty popular too. So why not

Talking please a review from..

The romance of the white hair maiden
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://i9.tinypic.com/2cp4137.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    anybody seen an adaption of 'the flying dagger' the main character's were LI MAN CHING(LMC), LI WAI(LW) , SIK CHOI YI(SCY). it was in a language i did not speak and he subtittles were likewise so i could only follow part of the story. there's a treasure and everyones looking for it. li man ching is master of the flying dagger, li wai is his 'bastard' son i think who grew up a orphan till he was found by his father but had to leave home because of his stepmom. he learned the flying dagger from a manual his daddy gave him. sik choi yi's father master sik fough wih LMC and lost. he retired with his daughter and started a mantou shop but later went back to fight LMC and lost and died. LW was his disiple before his father found him. SCY grew up and learned her father's swordplay to take revenge and defeat LMC but is always defeated. her 'sister' helps her and may be LMC daughter also wants revenge. then LW and SCY fall in love and get married. she gets pregnent. but leaves him to get revenge on his faher because her sister convinced her. has the baby and later breaks relation with LW. in the end has a duel with LMC but LW takes his place because LMC became crippled from INJURY. in the fight LW's dagger almost strikes SCY but he jumps forward and snatches it back cutting his hand. she stabs in that instant. she wins, her family honur is restored, he goes away bleeding and there's unshed tears in her eyes. a friend of LW slaps some sense into her. she runs after LW and they LIVE happy ever after after some more teary sences. anyone who's seen this please make a more detailed sysnosis.
    That's "Fei Dao You Jian Fei Dao" with Julian Cheung as Li Huai and Ruby Lin as Xue Caiyue, I think. My wife just finished it, but I didn't watch it at all..

Thumbs up What I want to see reviewed...please!!

I am hoping to get some more shows with english subtitles from oversees (specificly Japan, Korea, and Thaiwan!).

These are the three movies that I would like to see reviewed:
    1. Lavander
    2. Full House (Bi is so hot!)
    3. Mars (I love Vic)

Especoally #3 because that's what I want to buy, but want to know more about it, and I can't find a review for it.

Please send me a personal message if you do review or have reviewed what's above...thanks!

Yep it's me...at least I think it is...if it's not me then someone is a hacker...hmm so I'm either me or a hacker...or maybe...oh NM!

Lavender review 1 and review 2 all from SPCNET.

Mars review.

The only one so far I'd like to see reviewed is Xue Hua Nu Shen Long...it's an 03 production, I believe, and there isn't much about it on SPC Net...
    Here's a llama
    There's a llama
    And another little llama
    Fuzzy llama
    Funny llama
    Llama llama duck

Llama llama
    Cheesecake llama
    Tablet brick potato llama...

Old TVB series like:

Being Rich (stars Roger Kwok)
    The Hunter's Prey (stars Canti Lau Sek Ming)
    Have you come here to play Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo07
    Old TVB series like:

Being Rich (stars Roger Kwok)
    The Hunter's Prey (stars Canti Lau Sek Ming)
    Is "Being Rich" known as "Cheng Kong Zhr Lu" in Mandarin? That's a pretty good series...

I hope Derek Man's "Wuo Pen Shan Liang" will be reviewed also. Sorry I don't know the English title of this series. It also stars Yip Tong.
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by wuxian
    Here is a list of series that I want to see review before I invest my time watching

DemiGods & SemiDevils 03
    Empress Wu
    Warrior of the Yang Clan
    The Pawnshop No.8
    I don't have the time to write up a review, but TLBB03' has a 3 different storyline plot line of 3 different heroes, which help each other to fight against another country. This is a highly recommended series if you like wuxia stories.

Empress Wu I saw both China version/Taiwan version, I am unsure which one you are refering too, but if you like history then you might like it. It is rather dry though in the China version, and the Taiwan is alittle draggy.

Warriors of the Yang Clan- is a great series, mostly the battle scenes, plots trying to get rid of Yang family, but also Si lang's storyline with Yu yan. I give a warning there are scenes are cut out, I recommend to download some off the net before watching. When you watch some of the uncut version, then incorporate it into the cut version it makes more sense. Like me, I started to watch the uncut version, then incorporate the cut scenes makes it more easier to watch.

The Pawnshop no.8- it talks about GOOD vs. Evil story between a pawnshop keeper allowing many wishes they might desire, with a mere exchange, eventually it's soul. There is 116 episodes, not all the storylines the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueOBC
    I hope Derek Man's "Wuo Pen Shan Liang" will be reviewed also. Sorry I don't know the English title of this series. It also stars Yip Tong.
    Sorry I madea mistake, that series is known as "Blood of Good and Evil" in English and there's already a review here. And Derek's co-star is Maggie Siu, not Yip Tong. My mistake, sorry.
    - Mark Twain