Thread: Questions on 6MSJ and BMSG (2 martial arts DY learned)

Default Questions on 6MSJ and BMSG (2 martial arts DY learned)

Bei Ming Shen Gong

1. How does this martial art work?
    2. In DGSD97, 1 person lost his entire internal energy after the energy is being absorb by DY, but the others who get their energy absorb remain powerful. So, is this internal energy loss permenant of temparory?
    3. Is the energy DY absorb to his body permenant or temporary? If it is permenant, he should have enormous among of internal energy in his body after accidentally absorbing so many people's internal energy. But why people who attack him can't feel his internal energy? Aren't these people able to feel a person's internal energy especially if it's powerful?
    4. What trigger the absorption? The absorption can even start when DY was just trying to pull someone away, or trying to press the acupuncture point of a person.

6 Mai Shen Jian

1. Is this martial art very powerful? If yes, why is it so? The martial art only teaches people to emit internal energy from the fingers.
    2. How powerful is it compared to other finger martial art like '1 Yang Finger' and 'Da Li Jin Jiang Zhi' (that shaolin kungfu) ?
    Last edited by kidd; 05-10-04 at 05:05 AM.

1. It absorbs your opponent's energy. But the effect may reverse or something if you try to absorb a person with higher internal energy.
    2. The energy are lost permanently. The ones that remained powerful only got a fraction of their energy absorbed.
    3. DY gets to keep the energy. His energy was pretty high at the end of DGSD. I don't know why people can't feel his energy though.
    4. If you mast4er the skill, you can absorb anytime you want. But since DY didn't it seems that his aborbtion power kicks in whenever he's in a distress situation.

1. In the novel, you don't just shoot out chi like in the adaptation. It works like an invisible laser that you can "slice" with.
    2. It's considered to be the best martial arts in DGSD, and more powerful than anyother finger skills in terms of offensive power.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    1. It absorbs your opponent's energy. But the effect may reverse or something if you try to absorb a person with higher internal energy.
    this wasn't a weakness of BMSG was it? otherwise, with Duan Yu having little or no internal energy when he first learnt BMSG, would never have accumulated anybodys energy if he could only absorb from ppl weaker than him at that point - only that he would overload on energy because he couldn't manage the power inside him

was this particular weakness associated with the Ding Chun Chow version, Fa Gong Da Fa? didn't LHC's star-absorbing(??) da fa have this fault too?

i would say yes bmsg's dark star is staring off becos u have to go slowly, huang gong da fa polluture sur chi it dissolves chi taking u down with it, xi xing is not ying yang compatable unlike bei ming where once u suk ying or yang chi's it turns to bei ming chi thats why duan yu never struggles with internal engy conflicts like ling hu chong.

Originally posted by - L1n -
    i would say yes bmsg's dark star is staring off becos u have to go slowly, huang gong da fa polluture sur chi it dissolves chi taking u down with it.
    I don't understand what your are trying to say in this part. Can your explain further?
    What this phrase "bmsg's dark star is staring off" mean?
    Also this "huang gong da fa polluture sur chi it dissolves chi taking u down with it".

Here's the translated to english version.

Yes, BMSG's dark star is when you're first starting off because you have to go slowly. Huang Gong Da Fa pollutes your chi while it dissolves the opponents chi meaning you go down with it. Xi Xing Da Fa is not Yin-Yan compatible whereas with BMSG, once you drain yin or yan chi, it turns into Bei Ming chi. That's why Duan Yu never struggled with internal energy conflicts like Ling Hu Chong.

The only thing that's correct here is that BMSG is big trouble when you first start using it. However, I'm 100% sure there is a internal energy build-up method in BMSG, since that guy in the cave had to have had some way to build up his internal energy in that cave.

BMSG is more than a mere inner energy absorbing skill. Its a lot more than that I'm sure. Like Chrono said, otherwise how the heck did Wu Ya Zi get all his 70+ years of qi.

And the part about when a person with BMSG tries it on someone with higher qi, whether it flows in reverse to the person with higher qi or the BMSG practitioner gets overloaded, is still debatable. My opinion is of the latter, eg. DY condition right after he sucks the first few dudes.

How is BMSG big trouble for new user? From DGSD97, other than sucking people's energy involuntarily, I didn't see any other bad side effect on DY. He didn't acquire any injury either physically or mentally or have I miss anything?
    Last edited by kidd; 05-10-04 at 03:37 AM.

An off topic question: What make DY immune to poison? The centipede and poison frog he swallowed?

Originally posted by kidd
    How is BMSG big trouble for new user? From DGSD97, other than sucking people's energy involuntarily, I didn't see any other bad side effect on DY. He didn't acquire any injury either physically or mentally or have I miss anything?
    DY couldn't control his BMSG properly is because he didnt learn it properly not because of a BMSG side effect. IIRC, at the beginning when DY started sucking, he was in quite a lot of hurt because he didnt have any qi to begin with; the sudden influx of qi into his body hurt and his inability to control the qi absorbed also hurt.

An off topic question: What make DY immune to poison? The centipede and poison frog he swallowed?
    It was the frog.

Originally posted by ChronoReverse

The only thing that's correct here is that BMSG is big trouble when you first start using it. However, I'm 100% sure there is a internal energy build-up method in BMSG, since that guy in the cave had to have had some way to build up his internal energy in that cave.
    BMSG have no internal energy building capacity.

Refer to Moin's translation where DY first encounter BMSG in the caves.

From Moin's translation:

"In our sect's kungfu, accumulating inner force is most important. Once inner force is strong, then all of the kungfus of all the sects are ours to use. Just like the northern darkness, abled to hold all boats no matter the size, able to contain all fishes big or small. For this reason, inner force is most basic and first, while moves are last. Using the diagrams below and dilligently learn inner force training and meditation."

Another:

"He unrolled the scroll a bit further and read: "Divine Skill of the Northern Darkness is about using other's inner strength as my own. The sea of the Nothern Darkness did not create itself. It is said: 'All the rivers empties into the ocean, the ocean is because it can contain the rivers.' The vast open seas were accumulated. So 'Scripture of the Lunar Hand and Lungs' is the first lesson of the Divine Skill of the Northern Darkness." Followed by detailed instructions as to how to practice this kungfu."

Now the first part cleary said to use BMSG to learn how to meditate and train inner force. But the latter part said BMSG is about absorbing inner strengh, but did not explicitly say that is all BMSG is about, did it. The explanation might be that absorbing inner strengh is just a "part" of BMSG. There are 36 diagrams in the scripture and the latter paragraph is only talking about the first lesson.

It never went on to describe further the subsequent lessons or parts. My guess is that a skill so unique as BMSG and so powerful can't only be about absorbing inner strengh (that position can only be taken by the cheapo imitations HGDF and XXDF ). I don't remember if there are any more details explaining BMSG in the story though.
    Last edited by Xiao Feng; 05-10-04 at 06:49 AM.

Originally posted by superboy
    I don't think the effect would reverse, but the user would exlode or something. It is said that if one absorb inner power greater than that person, the water of the sea would empty into the river. It is saying that the if the dan tan(or something like that) is full, then energy would flood into the channel. A channel is place where internal energy flow and transfer, not for storage, so if the channel is flooded, there will be no flow of internal energy. If the flow of internal energy stopped, the person would be dead. It is almost the same as OYF, that his internal energy flow goes backward.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 05-12-04 at 11:42 AM.

ok if dy tried suking sweeper monks internal energy i would bet after a while his chi will start going into sweeps but however if sweeps was an idiot like ji mo zhi when he had fire deviated and kept pushing his chi into dy thenh dy will get all of sweeps chi, but saying this if he dosen't die from overloading he will be super dy lol, i like to see that.

3. How far can 6 Mai Shen Jian strike?

3. How far can 6 Mai Shen Jian strike?
    I can't remember correctly but it was either 10 feet or 10 yards.

it would mosyt likely depend on ur chi i mean say id sweeps learnt 6 mai i would say his 6 mai will 99.9 percent shoot over a longer range then 10 feet

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

this is quite stright forward. bmsg is a skill that uses another persons's inner energy as your own.that means after you absorb the energy you are able to use it.but to use it you first have to make the energy comatible with yours. you would have to use the inner energy you pocess to 'dissolve' the absorb energy and direct it into your energy channels. this means either the energy you absorb is added to your own or your energy is devolped futher by dissolving the extra energy.[ when duan yu ate the frog and centiede he actually got an energy boost so he was 'zero' when he started to use bmsg, later he learned the inner energy practise of 6mj and used it to dissolve the energy and direct it into his channels.at that time he hadn't learned xiao yai pai's bmsg energy practise well enough to dissolve the absorbed energy till he got guidence from the sky dragon temle elders and his uncle.] when someone directs their qi at you , bmsg allows you to direct their qi into your cloud point using your own qi. but if you want to absorb the energy from somewho is not fighting you, you have to first send your qi into them to connect with their qi, if their qi is greater your qi will flow into them. bmsg is better used as a passive[defensive] skill as the risk is lower.
    Last edited by kyss of the sword; 10-01-04 at 12:36 AM.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/