Page 13 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Shu Chang

besides for her upcoming modern series, is there news of any more work with her in it? such a nice girl deserves more opportunity i reckon.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Shu Chang

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cnpic8.com/down1/20050619120439/20050619120439(6)_200506191204476.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cnpic8.com/down1/20050619120439/20050619120439(5)_200506191204475.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    besides for her upcoming modern series, is there news of any more work with her in it? such a nice girl deserves more opportunity i reckon.
    She does deserve it but so far it looks it is only people in this thread who doesn't have poop on their eyes and see her talent.
    If you started, you must finished.
    If you do it, you must give it all.

well, Lyf is a hard competition,., yah?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

funny thing that sc was winning lyf in the versus poll...so must be because of the idiotic directors who don't recognize the potential in sc.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    well, Lyf is a hard competition,., yah?
    Hard competition in looks that is correct but Shu Chang wins by a mile in talent and skills in acting.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Shu Chang

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cnpic8.com/down1/20050619120439/20050619120439(6)_200506191204476.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cnpic8.com/down1/20050619120439/20050619120439(5)_200506191204475.jpg')
    Hey 0-0-0 do you know what series this is???

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer
    Hey 0-0-0 do you know what series this is???
    Sorry, i'm not sure what series this is from. All i can say is that she looks gorgeous

This thread has been quiet for a long time which probably means that Shu Chu isn't doing anything special these days.

Hey, I usually just lurk around these forums. Anyhow, to answer your question: I believe those two pics are from "Shao Nian Da Qin Chai."
    See here: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/f/sndqc/index.html
    That was the serial I in which I first noticed her--she looked really pretty in there and had nice costumes/hair too.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake
    Hey, I usually just lurk around these forums. Anyhow, to answer your question: I believe those two pics are from "Shao Nian Da Qin Chai."
    See here: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/f/sndqc/index.html
    That was the serial I in which I first noticed her--she looked really pretty in there and had nice costumes/hair too.
    Thanks and also welcome!

I haven't seen the series, but did you think it was good?
    Shu Chang certainly looks very pretty in there

Thanks for the welcome.

For the series, it's definitely a good watch--it's not a serious one, more light-hearted like a humour flick. But it's absolutely HILARIOUS, and has a fair bit of mystery. Plus, SC has a pretty big part--she plays a girl who's apparently the most beautiful in the world ("tian xia di yi mei") and is great at martial arts. So you'll definitely see a lot of her.

The downside: there are some ugly guys in this show. I'm serious, most are old, and the young one is not much to look at. Also, the ending was really anti-climatic. Overall, I'd recommend it however. All in all, pretty enjoyable.

Btw, the main character, the little boy, is the same guy who plays little YG in ROCH. I haven't seen ROCH yet (going back to China this summer and will get it) but I heard he was really annoying in there. However, in this series I thought he did a pretty good job, didn't find him annoying at all.

The site only has 3 pics with SC in it, but she looks really nice in all of them:

http://ent.sina.com.cn/d/2003-12-26/1141263498.html
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/d/2003-12-26/1141263494.html
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/d/2003-12-26/1002263381.html

(Not sure how to put the pics directly in the post? I mean, I know how to use the img tag, but should I direct link it from the sina site or upload the pic somewhere else...? Sorry, I'm a newb to this forum. )

Thanks for the welcome.

For the series, it's definitely a good watch--it's not a serious one, more light-hearted like a humour flick. But it's absolutely HILARIOUS, and has a fair bit of mystery. Plus, SC has a pretty big part--she plays a girl who's apparently the most beautiful in the world ("tian xia di yi mei") and is great at martial arts. So you'll definitely see a lot of her.

The downside: there are some ugly guys in this show. I'm serious, most are old, and the young one is not much to look at. Also, the ending was really anti-climatic. Overall, I'd recommend it however. All in all, pretty enjoyable.

Btw, the main character, the little boy, is the same guy who plays little YG in ROCH. I haven't seen ROCH yet (going back to China this summer and will get it) but I heard he was really annoying in there. However, in this series I thought he did a pretty good job, didn't find him annoying at all.
    I'm glad Shu CHang has a big part in there. If the series is enjoyable, i might go rent it or something. It's pretty rare for Shu Chang to have a big part... i'm sick of seeing her with tiny supporting roles... I found little YG kinda annoying....but then i found HXM's YG more annoying so yea... that was just my opinion. Ugly guys? Most series are like that now. So much female eye candy... no male eyecandy

sigh... do you know what she's doing now? Any new films and things?

I'm glad Shu CHang has a big part in there. If the series is enjoyable, i might go rent it or something. It's pretty rare for Shu Chang to have a big part... i'm sick of seeing her with tiny supporting roles... I found little YG kinda annoying....but then i found HXM's YG more annoying so yea... that was just my opinion. Ugly guys? Most series are like that now. So much female eye candy... no male eyecandy

sigh... do you know what she's doing now? Any new films and things?
    Watched this series. She didnt have a big part. She was more like a body guard for the little kid who was the lead actor. A body guard doesn't say much but kick @ss.

The site only has 3 pics with SC in it, but she looks really nice in all of them:

http://ent.sina.com.cn/d/2003-12-26/1141263498.html
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/d/2003-12-26/1141263494.html
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/d/2003-12-26/1002263381.html

(Not sure how to put the pics directly in the post? I mean, I know how to use the img tag, but should I direct link it from the sina site or upload the pic somewhere else...? Sorry, I'm a newb to this forum. )
    do whatever seems easiest... dw we're not going to kill you if you link it in the image tag
    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Watched this series. She didnt have a big part. She was more like a body guard for the little kid who was the lead actor. A body guard doesn't say much but kick @ss.
    So do you think it's worth watching?

do whatever seems easiest... dw we're not going to kill you if you link it in the image tag

So do you think it's worth watching?
    0-0-0...if you want to see SC in action(acting skills), look for another series. I like the first half of the series but then it gets draggy. The lead actor(little YG), I think he did a better job in this series but then again. He was just look cute as (baby cute). I just didnt mind much of his acting skills since he was just a little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    0-0-0...if you want to see SC in action(acting skills), look for another series. I like the first half of the series but then it gets draggy. The lead actor(little YG), I think he did a better job in this series but then again. He was just look cute as (baby cute). I just didnt mind much of his acting skills since he was just a little kid.
    yea, i will look for other series... she has so few lead roles though
    Little kids are just adorable... i guess there's no male eyecandy... so maybe i will bypass it

Ugly guys? Most series are like that now. So much female eye candy... no male eyecandy
    Yeah, that's true...there are way more pretty girls than good-looking guys, unfortunately. But really, I felt this series had even uglier guys than usual.

crazy, I wouldn't say that she has a tiny part. SC does not have the MAIN role or anything, so don't expect too much, but she's more than JUST a bodyguard. It was a while back that I watched it, so I might have exaggerated her presence a bit in my mind (since she was the only one who really made an impact, I thought), but still, you should see a fair bit of her. Besides, I liked watching her kick @ss. And in my memory, she definitely did a fair amount of talking!
    As for is it worth watching...it depends. What kind of series do you enjoy? If you only go for epic ZJZ-type wuxia series with romance and lots of serious themes, well, you're going to be sorely disappointed. But if you don't mind just watching something that's a bit silly but quite funny and entertaining, then by all means get it. And a bonus is seeing more of SC, of course. Though I personally wouldn't rent it (I'm stingy like that, I won't pay unless it's a really highly-anticipated series )--I watched it because a friend bought it from China and let me borrow it.

As for SC news, unfortunately there does seem to be a lack of it, apart from news of her working on "Ai Zai Lai Shi" as you guys mentioned. Apparently, however, a while back she mysteriously "disappeared" in the middle of filming another series so they had to find someone else, and the director was really angry about it. I'm hoping that there was a good reason for this, though. SC doesn't seem like the kind of actress who would just do that for no reason... but I guess you never know.
    The director of "Ai Zai Lai Shi" was a bit worried after he heard this news, but later said that she was doing a fantastic job, acts great, and gets along with the other cast really well too.

Also not sure if you guys already mentioned it or not, but she's acting in another modern series, "Hua Kai You Sheng." (http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/f/hkys/index.html). She acts a girl who has a bit of a mental illness, and apparently, during one scene she acted so well (she was doing a scene where she was contemplating to suicide by jumping off a balcony) that people passing by below thought it was real and even called police! So yeah, the next series she'll be appearing in is basically these two modern series, no news of what she's going to do next...

Yeah, that's true...there are way more pretty girls than good-looking guys, unfortunately. But really, I felt this series had even uglier guys than usual.

crazy, I wouldn't say that she has a tiny part. SC does not have the MAIN role or anything, so don't expect too much, but she's more than JUST a bodyguard. It was a while back that I watched it, so I might have exaggerated her presence a bit in my mind (since she was the only one who really made an impact, I thought), but still, you should see a fair bit of her. Besides, I liked watching her kick @ss. And in my memory, she definitely did a fair amount of talking!
    As for is it worth watching...it depends. What kind of series do you enjoy? If you only go for epic ZJZ-type wuxia series with romance and lots of serious themes, well, you're going to be sorely disappointed. But if you don't mind just watching something that's a bit silly but quite funny and entertaining, then by all means get it. And a bonus is seeing more of SC, of course. Though I personally wouldn't rent it (I'm stingy like that, I won't pay unless it's a really highly-anticipated series )--I watched it because a friend bought it from China and let me borrow it.

As for SC news, unfortunately there does seem to be a lack of it, apart from news of her working on "Ai Zai Lai Shi" as you guys mentioned. Apparently, however, a while back she mysteriously "disappeared" in the middle of filming another series so they had to find someone else, and the director was really angry about it. I'm hoping that there was a good reason for this, though. SC doesn't seem like the kind of actress who would just do that for no reason... but I guess you never know.
    The director of "Ai Zai Lai Shi" was a bit worried after he heard this news, but later said that she was doing a fantastic job, acts great, and gets along with the other cast really well too.

Also not sure if you guys already mentioned it or not, but she's acting in another modern series, "Hua Kai You Sheng." (http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/f/hkys/index.html). She acts a girl who has a bit of a mental illness, and apparently, during one scene she acted so well (she was doing a scene where she was contemplating to suicide by jumping off a balcony) that people passing by below thought it was real and even called police! So yeah, the next series she'll be appearing in is basically these two modern series, no news of what she's going to do next...
    Maybe SC should try out for Taiwan's productions since there are so much competition in Mainland....GYY, YM, SFF, Eva, LYF, and many other actresses.