Page 34 of 140 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Shu Chang

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    I'd rather see randoms
    supposedly the newcomer girl is already stuffing up a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by nefertari
    I mean I just watched around four series of hers and she already gave me the impression she can act everything/anything.
    same... i bet she could act ZM and ZZR

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    knowing our luck, it'll probably be Liu YI fei, Fan Bing Bing and HXM or something

i wonder what's happening with DOMD... i don't even know who's the remaining casts are.
    It'll definitely not be LYF in HSDS because she mentioned that she won't be acting in future JY adaptations, plus the fact she's going America. Yeah, crazylife will be happy when she walks the red carpet. Anyway, I think her XLN was good, but I haven't read JY's novels before so I might be wrong, but her expressions are all very natural.

With Fan Bing Bing, she doesn't seem to desire roles in ZJZ's series. It was written that she likes the director for Ping Zong Xia Ying more.

OK, back to SC. I think she'd make a great ZM, ZZR or XZ. These three are the most prominent in the series and quite a display of personality, good/evil. XZ was mostly cute and everyone loves her. I think she'd make the best ZZR, but I'd rather her be ZM since ZM got the guy at last and SC deserves that.

Or else, XZ would be nice since there's not much love lost going back to Perisa to be leader of Ming Sect. I love XZ.

You know the interesting thing is HXM has a fan club call Ming Sect due to the Ming in his name, but he doesn't feel like ZWJ, so probably not him. HXM is more suited to roles as an extraodinary guy - emperor, nobleman, brilliant leader etc.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    no thanks to your terrible theory, i won't be able to sleep for a long time even if i try to think positive. it is zjz we're talking about here...i have no faith in a man who recycles his lead actors/actresses. maybe i should wait for a different director to come along...knowing zjz, hsds might be too dark for my liking.
    I think it's because it's easier to work with people you have worked before and there's also a confirmed market for these actors/actresses. As long as he doesn't repeat the same actresses/actors too much, it's OK.

I think it'd be interesting to cast the same actor in very different characters, eg a good person in one and an evil person in the other. That'd display their versatility.

And yes, this thread is getting activier and activier. It seemed that it's always on the front page now. Yeah!!

Go SC, Go!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Shu%20Chang/xiaoyu2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Shu%20Chang/candy2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Shu%20Chang/candy1.jpg')
    Last edited by Nefertari; 07-26-06 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    With Fan Bing Bing, she doesn't seem to desire roles in ZJZ's series. It was written that she likes the director for Ping Zong Xia Ying more.
    i thought the only reason she rejected a role in ROCH was because it wasn't a leading role, and the wives in DOMD all have pretty small parts.

OK, back to SC. I think she'd make a great ZM, ZZR or XZ. These three are the most prominent in the series and quite a display of personality, good/evil. XZ was mostly cute and everyone loves her. I think she'd make the best ZZR, but I'd rather her be ZM since ZM got the guy at last and SC deserves that.
    i would prefer ZM or ZZR if only for the screentime. I don't think the role of XZ or YL would be challenging for her. I think it's harder to find an appropriate actress for ZZR than ZM, so if you want a good series overall, i think SC should definitely take the part of ZZR.

You know the interesting thing is HXM has a fan club call Ming Sect due to the Ming in his name, but he doesn't feel like ZWJ, so probably not him. HXM is more suited to roles as an extraodinary guy - emperor, nobleman, brilliant leader etc.
    HXM is ok in nice "groomed", "royal" roles. In terms of looks, he fitted Yang Guo's description pretty well. But i don't think he fits the role of ZWj in terms of looks, and i don't think i will want to see him in another series after watching him as the lead in ROCH and DOMD.

i thought the only reason she rejected a role in ROCH was because it wasn't a leading role, and the wives in DOMD all have pretty small parts.
    Yeah, that was also one of the speculations too. She's usually and always in leading roles now and is pretty good in most of them. She's so different from her days as Jin Suo in HZGG. I think I like her personality more back then.

i would prefer ZM or ZZR if only for the screentime. I don't think the role of XZ or YL would be challenging for her. I think it's harder to find an appropriate actress for ZZR than ZM, so if you want a good series overall, i think SC should definitely take the part of ZZR.
    Yes definitely, that is if she can get the part. Crazylife might have a point when he says only the more famous actresses like YM, Eva etc might get the two leads. I still think after DOMD, ZJZ will notice her definitely since Jian Ning has also quite a large part.

HXM is ok in nice "groomed", "royal" roles. In terms of looks, he fitted Yang Guo's description pretty well. But i don't think he fits the role of ZWj in terms of looks, and i don't think i will want to see him in another series after watching him as the lead in ROCH and DOMD.
    Agree..... it'd be strange to see him acting as every JY's leading actor. I like him, but ZWJ definitely doesn't suit him.

Yeah, that was also one of the speculations too. She's usually and always in leading roles now and is pretty good in most of them. She's so different from her days as Jin Suo in HZGG. I think I like her personality more back then.
    same here... FBB seems to be a lot snobbier now than she used to be. Her image has also changed a lot.

Yes definitely, that is if she can get the part. Crazylife might have a point when he says only the more famous actresses like YM, Eva etc might get the two leads. I still think after DOMD, ZJZ will notice her definitely since Jian Ning has also quite a large part.
    Shu Chang is definitely more famous than Yang Mi. If it were based on fame, SC would get the role
    let's just hope ZJZ sees her potential after DOMD. I'm surprised he didn't use her again like many of the other actors/actresses after DGSD/TLBB, because SC was fantastic in that too.

Agree..... it'd be strange to see him acting as every JY's leading actor. I like him, but ZWJ definitely doesn't suit him.
    i don't like HXM in the role of WXB or ZWJ... so i'm hoping that he's not going to be in any of them

Shu Chang is definitely more famous than Yang Mi. If it were based on fame, SC would get the role
    let's just hope ZJZ sees her potential after DOMD. I'm surprised he didn't use her again like many of the other actors/actresses after DGSD/TLBB, because SC was fantastic in that too.
    Hmm, I thought YM is pretty famous now due to her good looks, GX and Wnag Zhaojun roles. Heard she had some problem with her last role. If you go to her thread, i think it's over 70 pages now right. Pretty long for a thread that's started only a short while ago.

I thought her GX was cute and likeable, but a bit exaggerated at times. She was supposed to be lively, playful and different, but she really feels a bit over the top, a bit crazy at times as GX. She looks better as Nie Xiao Qian.

Perhaps ZJZ didn't feel there's a role for SC until now.

Anyway SC won the Golden Eagle Award for Newcomer some years ago, so she's pretty well-known now.

Hmm, I thought YM is pretty famous now due to her good looks, GX and Wnag Zhaojun roles. Heard she had some problem with her last role. If you go to her thread, i think it's over 70 pages now right. Pretty long for a thread that's started only a short while ago.
    YM is mainly famous amongst ROCH fans. Shu Chang has a much wider audience and is much more well known in China. Ideally, i'd have the two star alongside each other in HSDS

Perhaps ZJZ didn't feel there's a role for SC until now.
    i think Shu Chang could have pulled off any female role in ROCH 06
    he's just not good at spotting talent. And i'm horrified by the costumes and hair they've given her in DOMD

i think Shu Chang could have pulled off any female role in ROCH 06
    he's just not good at spotting talent. And i'm horrified by the costumes and hair they've given her in DOMD
    Hmm, i think she'd actually make a great GX. She's really good as Xiaoyu in Bao Lian Deng. Her innocence and purity is well-portrayed. Guo Fu would be OK for her, but Chen Sha Sha did a great job. CSS was spoilt but not irritating.
    And I agree she has terrible costumes. Hopefully someone notice and surprise us with improvements.

SC's face looks different for each character she plays. Definitely a better character actress than LYF or ZZY in my books. More adaptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    SC's face looks different for each character she plays. Definitely a better character actress than LYF or ZZY in my books. More adaptable.
    yea, she can look cute, pretty, evil, etc. Has a wide variety of expressions, whcih is why i think she'll be able to pull off the role of ZZR.

And I agree she has terrible costumes. Hopefully someone notice and surprise us with improvements.
    i don't know... no faith in costume designers anymore. Didn't like a lot of the ROCH outfits.

Yup, ZZR's role is more difficult than that of ZM which is pretty one dimensional like XLN. The a -s -s acted the same way throughout HSDS03. Act cute only mah, even Ruby can do that sleeping with eyes wide open.

yea, she can look cute, pretty, evil, etc. Has a wide variety of expressions, whcih is why i think she'll be able to pull off the role of ZZR.

Yup, ZZR's role is more difficult than that of ZM which is pretty one dimensional like XLN. The a -s -s acted the same way throughout HSDS03. Act cute only mah, even Ruby can do that sleeping with eyes wide open.
    ZM's role is not one dimensional. She has a cruel side to her as well.

LOL not with the one who acted in HSDS03. Can never remember how to type her name. Evil looking? Think she was pretty cute when she was kicking azz then.

ZM's role is not one dimensional. She has a cruel side to her as well.

LOL not with the one who acted in HSDS03. Can never remember how to type her name. Evil looking? Think she was pretty cute when she was kicking azz then.
    you mean girl with the 'decent' pics?
    she looked like a cartoon onscreen. Always so bubbly...

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    0-0-0, i like your honesty. dont think sugar could do that. she has too much pride. cant blame her, she's one of the guys.

more like someone can't admit that LYF isn't the prettiet lor

My mom and I didn't catch LYF when she first came out, we tend to go for bigger eyes actresses
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    more like someone can't admit that LYF isn't the prettiet lor

My mom and I didn't catch LYF when she first came out, we tend to go for bigger eyes actresses
    actually, first time i saw LYF, i thought she was really very plain. Maybe it's others brainwashing me that made me feel that she's pretty
    First time i saw Shu Chang, i thought she was gorgeous though

actually, first time i saw LYF, i thought she was really very plain. Maybe it's others brainwashing me that made me feel that she's pretty
    First time i saw Shu Chang, i thought she was gorgeous though

wait till Crazy reads this.. He thought u were on his side abolut how LYF is striking

I felt the same, when I saw LYF in those WYY promo pics.. i thought she was a lil weird. Something about her eyes.. I only found her pretty when i watched later on.

I felt the same about SC too. WHAT THE!! why didn't you support me back then
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Yup. She was the same cute character from beginning to end of series. That's why one dimensional and Ruby would have done that role sleep walking.

you mean girl with the 'decent' pics?
    she looked like a cartoon onscreen. Always so bubbly...